Saving racks?

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zorath
Wanderer

Re: Saving racks?

Post by Zorath » 17 Sep 2010 23:46

Freya wrote:I was thinking, perhaps its time for saving racks in all the guilds out there?

As it is only 1 guild in the game have this superb thing, and I have to say I have
a hard time understand why it should be limited to just one guild?

As it is these days, with so few online, racks gets lost as often as they get saved,
not to mention crashes that occur now and then.

Why not change it so all guilds gets a "High Armoury" for say 10 items or for all items?

With how equipment works these days, if you login right after armageddon if you carry
100 items you can count yourself lucky if 5 of those 100 items are saving once more.

So the dilemma of having "super equipment" stuck in one guild for arma after arma isn't
really a concern anymore, thus my suggestion we should all be given saving racks.

Cause lets face it, the game does not have the playerbase anymore to support the old
rack system, where guilds lose their entire stack just cause nobody was on to the early
armageddon or wouldnt get up at 4.30 in the morning to save things.

Or maybe its just me who find it annoying to lose rack every 2nd arma due to this ?

Either way, I think its unfair that one guild gets to keep all their super equipment and
get it through crashes and what not, it gives them too much of an upper hand after crashes
etc, especially considering these players allready have block to kill people with, playing after a crash is lethal when they also have the best equipment in the game, while you have a splendid sword and a dwarven chainmail...

And don't come with the bs, "Well they pay tax for it" ask yourself, what guild out there would not be willing to pay tax for such a feature as an autosaving armoury???
And how depressing it is to loose everything you have worked to gather.. in a week.. just cause you didnt have the time to login to the "right time" before armageddon.
Yep, to bad you could say.. you should have watched out etc.

But why make it so hard, when it can be so easy.. for everyone?
I can only speak for myself.. ofcourse.
And I think this will only help every guild out there.
And since everyone should have it, I dont think it is any point in adding any tax for it either. (But like Freya said, "what guild out there would not be willing to pay tax for such a feature as an autosaving armoury???(so it wouldnt matter to me if you "have" to add a tax either for that sake)).

Perhaps also make it so the best items in the game, never saves.. so it is no possibility that they will save in a rack "forever".
The best items, are ofcourse only those which has the most extreme limits.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 18 Sep 2010 07:42

I just have to ask that, Zorath:

what supreme saving items have you lost because you couldn't login at Arma, considering you recently wrote that your char's size ain't exactly huge?

my guild lost countless best in class items numerous times - both because noone was around at the time OR a crash occured; what's your issue with this? just go out and gather something again?! at least you have something else to do but grind/grind/grind/grind ...

also - I have yet to experience recovering a glowing item after Arma; they all seem to be non-glowing by default (own experience only)

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 18 Sep 2010 09:51

Earth wrote: As a member of the guild that actually has the "high armoury", I think that the idea of all guilds having similiar racks is a great idea (especially if we get something else in exchange).

Though most of the time the knights have enough members to ensure that the racks are saved, when there are unexpected crashes or the like, the high armoury has ensured that the knights have at least some starting equipment. Also, it's annoying when armageddon hits at an 'off' time which means that one of us has to arrange to be in game at the time specified.

As Armageddon is just a fact of life, it would add much to the convenience of players to have some sort of auto-saving rack.
What about the Smiths guild? Knights even have their own forge at home. Don't be so lazy now :)

With saving racks we might as well go all the way and save equipment on players when logging out. Not sure if this is a good idea, though.
Also, given the importance of equipment in the game, I'm personally not in favour of even one guild having saving racks when the others do not.

Zorath
Wanderer

Post by Zorath » 18 Sep 2010 12:13

Laurel wrote:I just have to ask that, Zorath:

what supreme saving items have you lost because you couldn't login at Arma, considering you recently wrote that your char's size ain't exactly huge?

my guild lost countless best in class items numerous times - both because noone was around at the time OR a crash occured; what's your issue with this? just go out and gather something again?! at least you have something else to do but grind/grind/grind/grind ...

also - I have yet to experience recovering a glowing item after Arma; they all seem to be non-glowing by default (own experience only)
Im speaking in general.. how I think things should be.
If I had or had not any supreme items does not really matter.

What is my issue in this... hmmmmm.
Auto saving racks, would be one of the best things that have happened in this game I think.
Then you can log in to the game when it you want to, and not have this armageddon to think about.

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 20 Sep 2010 10:55

The idea of saving racks isn't a bad idea. It's quite good in fact.
There are many good reasons why to have it.
And with the current glow/non glow system I don't think it will be a problem
with one/two guilds hoarding all the equipment. Cause there will be enough
for us all. I say let's try it. If it doesn't work, tweak/remove it.

Regarding "super items", how shall we decide which are super and which are not?
If you wanna make them always none glowing, then just flag them non glowing.
Or do we really need to have superitems non glowing flagged? I mean with todays
glow/non glowing system of items I find them rather balanced. Before you could
have a crystal axe glow for like 5 armas in a row. Now that rarely occurs.

What happens if you not login after Armageddon and rather wait 5 days ? Does
more of your equipment, you are saving, glow ?
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 20 Sep 2010 14:26

Uther wrote:What happens if you not login after Armageddon and rather wait 5 days ? Does more of your equipment, you are saving, glow ?
Don't know, but I doubt it has any effect at all, if you log in later.

One thing that does suck though, is if you don't log in during one armageddon at all, then you loose _all_ your saving items, equipment, herbs and everything. So you can't really go on vacation, if you're carrying any of those things around.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Zorath
Wanderer

Post by Zorath » 20 Sep 2010 14:36

Makfly wrote:
Uther wrote:What happens if you not login after Armageddon and rather wait 5 days ? Does more of your equipment, you are saving, glow ?
Don't know, but I doubt it has any effect at all, if you log in later.

One thing that does suck though, is if you don't log in during one armageddon at all, then you loose _all_ your saving items, equipment, herbs and everything. So you can't really go on vacation, if you're carrying any of those things around.
I thought herbs always saved now.
I guess you would loose the herbs if you put them in a rack, but not if you keep them on you when you log out (or idle out rather).

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 20 Sep 2010 14:42

if holding stuff in game is preventing you from going on vacation.... then you have a problem.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 20 Sep 2010 16:27

Zorath wrote:I thought herbs always saved now.
I guess you would loose the herbs if you put them in a rack, but not if you keep them on you when you log out (or idle out rather).
Yea, they do.
But if you log out and don't log in at all during the next armageddon, then when you log in say two weeks later, all your saving stuff would be gone.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Zorath
Wanderer

Post by Zorath » 20 Sep 2010 17:00

Makfly wrote:
Zorath wrote:I thought herbs always saved now.
Yea, they do.
But if you log out and don't log in at all during the next armageddon, then when you log in say two weeks later, all your saving stuff would be gone.
How sad.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/