Saving racks?

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Freya

Saving racks?

Post by Freya » 22 Jul 2010 16:33

I was thinking, perhaps its time for saving racks in all the guilds out there?

As it is only 1 guild in the game have this superb thing, and I have to say I have
a hard time understand why it should be limited to just one guild?


As it is these days, with so few online, racks gets lost as often as they get saved,
not to mention crashes that occur now and then.


Why not change it so all guilds gets a "High Armoury" for say 10 items or for all items?


With how equipment works these days, if you login right after armageddon if you carry
100 items you can count yourself lucky if 5 of those 100 items are saving once more.

So the dilemma of having "super equipment" stuck in one guild for arma after arma isn't
really a concern anymore, thus my suggestion we should all be given saving racks.


Cause lets face it, the game does not have the playerbase anymore to support the old
rack system, where guilds lose their entire stack just cause nobody was on to the early
armageddon or wouldnt get up at 4.30 in the morning to save things.


Or maybe its just me who find it annoying to lose rack every 2nd arma due to this ?


Either way, I think its unfair that one guild gets to keep all their super equipment and
get it through crashes and what not, it gives them too much of an upper hand after crashes
etc, especially considering these players allready have block to kill people with, playing after a crash is lethal when they also have the best equipment in the game, while you have a splendid sword and a dwarven chainmail...


And don't come with the bs, "Well they pay tax for it" ask yourself, what guild out there would not be willing to pay tax for such a feature as an autosaving armoury???

User avatar
Kitriana
Champion
Posts: 627
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:46
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Saving racks?

Post by Kitriana » 22 Jul 2010 19:07

*thumbs up* can we create a survey on this one to see how many people would be for it?
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Onton
Wanderer
Posts: 66
Joined: 21 May 2010 19:11

Re: Saving racks?

Post by Onton » 22 Jul 2010 19:59

I'm all for saving racks. Both in the cadets, and now the mercenaries, I was usually the only person who bothered trying to save rack contents.
Perhaps it could be made a feature of the new standardised racks. As one guild obviously has it already, it must be possible. For those guilds who don't want it or have a rack-saving duty they assign people or whatever, they can just not use it. If it's too "good", perhaps it could only save a certain number of items or something.
Kitriana wrote:*thumbs up* can we create a survey on this one to see how many people would be for it?
If you create a new topic, there are poll options there.

User avatar
OgreToyBoy
Champion
Posts: 620
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 11:36

Re: Saving racks?

Post by OgreToyBoy » 22 Jul 2010 21:36

I don't want to pay any tax for anything like that and
I'm sure there are at least one guild who don't want that kind
of extra burden on their already insane tax.

User avatar
Earth
Great Adventurer
Posts: 159
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 16:40
Location: Southern California, USA

Re: Saving racks?

Post by Earth » 23 Jul 2010 00:16

Freya wrote:I was thinking, perhaps its time for saving racks in all the guilds out there?

As it is only 1 guild in the game have this superb thing, and I have to say I have
a hard time understand why it should be limited to just one guild?


As it is these days, with so few online, racks gets lost as often as they get saved,
not to mention crashes that occur now and then.


Why not change it so all guilds gets a "High Armoury" for say 10 items or for all items?


With how equipment works these days, if you login right after armageddon if you carry
100 items you can count yourself lucky if 5 of those 100 items are saving once more.

So the dilemma of having "super equipment" stuck in one guild for arma after arma isn't
really a concern anymore, thus my suggestion we should all be given saving racks.


Cause lets face it, the game does not have the playerbase anymore to support the old
rack system, where guilds lose their entire stack just cause nobody was on to the early
armageddon or wouldnt get up at 4.30 in the morning to save things.


Or maybe its just me who find it annoying to lose rack every 2nd arma due to this ?


Either way, I think its unfair that one guild gets to keep all their super equipment and
get it through crashes and what not, it gives them too much of an upper hand after crashes
etc, especially considering these players allready have block to kill people with, playing after a crash is lethal when they also have the best equipment in the game, while you have a splendid sword and a dwarven chainmail...


And don't come with the bs, "Well they pay tax for it" ask yourself, what guild out there would not be willing to pay tax for such a feature as an autosaving armoury???
As a member of the guild that actually has the "high armoury", I think that the idea of all guilds having similiar racks is a great idea (especially if we get something else in exchange).

Though most of the time the knights have enough members to ensure that the racks are saved, when there are unexpected crashes or the like, the high armoury has ensured that the knights have at least some starting equipment. Also, it's annoying when armageddon hits at an 'off' time which means that one of us has to arrange to be in game at the time specified.

As Armageddon is just a fact of life, it would add much to the convenience of players to have some sort of auto-saving rack.

Rhynox
Titan
Posts: 493
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 03:48
Location: Departed from here. Meet at Genesis!

Re: Saving racks?

Post by Rhynox » 23 Jul 2010 07:21

I don't dislike the idea. However, if we are going to have a special armoury that saves, rare items shouldn't be allowed there. Dragonscales, great skull helms, grey boots, dwarven waraxes, corrupted weapons, etc, sure. But not silvanesti shields, crystal axes, serrated halberds or any other really powerful and limited item. There is nothing better than knowing your opponent guild lost several unique items after Armageddon because nobody was there to save and now you got the opportunity to get them yourself.

Freya

Re: Saving racks?

Post by Freya » 23 Jul 2010 14:27

Rhynox wrote:I don't dislike the idea. However, if we are going to have a special armoury that saves, rare items shouldn't be allowed there. Dragonscales, great skull helms, grey boots, dwarven waraxes, corrupted weapons, etc, sure. But not silvanesti shields, crystal axes, serrated halberds or any other really powerful and limited item. There is nothing better than knowing your opponent guild lost several unique items after Armageddon because nobody was there to save and now you got the opportunity to get them yourself.

I have to disagree with that arguement. With how things glow/not glow after armageddon etc guilds would not be able to hoard these items and keep them forever. We're talking one armageddon with this equipment, if lucky they get it to save(but odds of that a what 1 in 10 now?).

If an entire saving armoury would be too much, then 10-20 items(depending on guild size/activeness perhaps could factor in).


Also, you dont think Clan hoardes enough items allready?

User avatar
Earth
Great Adventurer
Posts: 159
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 16:40
Location: Southern California, USA

Re: Saving racks?

Post by Earth » 23 Jul 2010 16:41

Freya wrote:
Rhynox wrote:I don't dislike the idea. However, if we are going to have a special armoury that saves, rare items shouldn't be allowed there. Dragonscales, great skull helms, grey boots, dwarven waraxes, corrupted weapons, etc, sure. But not silvanesti shields, crystal axes, serrated halberds or any other really powerful and limited item. There is nothing better than knowing your opponent guild lost several unique items after Armageddon because nobody was there to save and now you got the opportunity to get them yourself.
I have to disagree with that arguement. With how things glow/not glow after armageddon etc guilds would not be able to hoard these items and keep them forever. We're talking one armageddon with this equipment, if lucky they get it to save(but odds of that a what 1 in 10 now?).

If an entire saving armoury would be too much, then 10-20 items(depending on guild size/activeness perhaps could factor in).

Also, you dont think Clan hoardes enough items allready?
Freya,

You don't have to accuse a rival guild of hoarding to get your point across. All three of us have had times when we were lucky in the equipment gathering front and were able to gather together nice equipment in our racks. I would hardly call that hoarding.

In any case, I also disagree with part of Rhynox's point. Because of the way that items now glow/not glow in the realms, I dont' think that it would be a problem in allowing racks to store rare items. Glowing items woudn't survive more than one Armageddon, and most likely they were obtain towards the end of the previous Armageddon cycle. There is a natural loss of equipment by each guild with the loss occuring from having no active person there to save the racks when the time came.

To further emphasize this point...for us hardcore players, losing whole racks wouldn't be a problem as we would simply go and gather equipment. But if a casual player of an inactive guild entered the realms and found their racks empty, it would be very unlikely they would stay.

Rhynox
Titan
Posts: 493
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 03:48
Location: Departed from here. Meet at Genesis!

Re: Saving racks?

Post by Rhynox » 23 Jul 2010 21:35

Well Freya, ask Ilrahil about how good our guild racks look like. It is not as if we always get the crystal axes or silvanesti shields (until the crash we didn't have a single crystal axe, and while Irk was on vacations our racks were empty most of the time, with Therock bringing a few items and knights donating some to us). It is curious that you blame me when I am trying to find a solution to prevent a guild (the Clan, if you wish) from having top notch equipment automatically saved and thus preventing other guilds from having chances of getting them... well, make it autosave, that way we will be able to hold all shields, crystal axes and midnight platemails for us forever :P

When I said nothing uber should be allowed there was to prevent people from getting a saving silvanesti shield two days before Armageddon and racking it there "in case the game crashes" and not use it "because it can break". Both effectively prevent one good piece of equipment from being used for two days. The only unique piece that would be used would be the crystal axe because it cannot break, but other than that, all other uber pieces would be kept for the next Armageddon.

I think the system should be changed again. Uber items (we can discuss later what uber may be, but to make it simple, top equipment and unique very powerful items like black-gem rings, thorns, etc) should never save. That way you will ensure they are used until they are broken, and no guild would store three or four without using them.

If anyone manages to get three saving silavesti shields, you will likely see the members wearing other shields, because breaking a saving silvanesti is pretty outrageous (unless you are going to pfight, you don't carry one to kill trolls in Terel or elves in Qualinesti). If none ever saved, you would see people using and breaking them often, thus getting more chances of getting one yourself.

User avatar
Alorrana
Myth
Posts: 1009
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 11:23
Location: Mordor. passing gass.

Re: Saving racks?

Post by Alorrana » 23 Jul 2010 21:41

**
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/