Dream Items

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Bromen
Champion

Dream Items

Post by Bromen » 20 Aug 2010 08:12

Post your dream items that you'd like to see in game from the current genre's the realms are based from.

Grond for sure!
Drizzt's twinkle and haste anklets
Bruenor's axe
Wulfghar's warhammer, aegis fang?
Whatever aragorn's sword was
Raistlin's staff
ANY ring of healing lol

I kinda wonder why basic magic items aren't included in genesis. Would it kill the wizards to code stat rings/amulets/armour that increase stats by one level?

-B

Laurel

Re: Dream Items

Post by Laurel » 20 Aug 2010 08:25

bromen wrote:Would it kill the wizards to code stat rings/amulets/armour that increase stats by one level?

-B
such items do exist and you should damn know it, n00b :twisted: maybe not exactly by 1 level but still there

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 20 Aug 2010 10:32

Last edited by Alorrana on 31 Aug 2010 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 20 Aug 2010 11:39

Laurel wrote:
bromen wrote:Would it kill the wizards to code stat rings/amulets/armour that increase stats by one level?

-B
such items do exist and you should damn know it, n00b :twisted: maybe not exactly by 1 level but still there
I'm talking about having multiple items that can do the same thing. Obviously there are items in a game that, say, increase wisdom, but are there alternatives to that one item for good/evil/neutral that will accomplish the same thing?

Only reason I bring this up is because an easy way to get new players into the game is to have a decent amount of magical items that they can get at lower levels. Hell, even the green steel longsword takes a lucky rising hero to get.

I'd like to add Elminster's ever smoking pipe and alustriel's flaming war chariot to my list. :)

-b

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 20 Aug 2010 12:17

bromen wrote:
Laurel wrote:

-B
I'm talking about having multiple items that can do the same thing. Obviously there are items in a game that, say, increase wisdom, but are there alternatives to that one item for good/evil/neutral that will accomplish the same thing?

Only reason I bring this up is because an easy way to get new players into the game is to have a decent amount of magical items that they can get at lower levels. Hell, even the green steel longsword takes a lucky rising hero to get.

I'd like to add Elminster's ever smoking pipe and alustriel's flaming war chariot to my list. :)

-b
Imo make items that larger players cant use, let alone take to avoid bullshit hoarders to take em, and to avoid them to make alts limit it to one item per person to carry, if they are still dicks enough to take and drop in theire stash... shoot them :P I know Gorboth has a bazooka somewhere

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 20 Aug 2010 12:40

bromen wrote:
Laurel wrote:

-B
-b
as far as i know there is for example a piece of armour which increases different stats (str, dex, con, etc.) depending on where you get it, usable by people of any alignment. i think it's pretty common item but not many people use it

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 20 Aug 2010 21:35

Another way we can go on the magic item thing is the imbuement system. I've got it coded and working for the most part. What I need to do before implementing is increase the number of separate imbuement types that are available to create variety.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Earth
Great Adventurer

Post by Earth » 21 Aug 2010 01:15

gorboth wrote:Another way we can go on the magic item thing is the imbuement system. I've got it coded and working for the most part. What I need to do before implementing is increase the number of separate imbuement types that are available to create variety.

G.
Cool, I am looking forward to this. I'm sure you have thought of this, but maybe you can include gems as part of this? Baldur's gate game seem to have that in their workshop:

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/487/487945p1.html

Or other rarer items that you can find in the realms? If you use gems, I would probably require more than one gem per imbuement. Maybe you can have the ability to melt some magical weapons to get some enchanted metals for some items for smiths to forge with in a special place? Maybe some herbs required as well for enchanting, skulls, the like.

I'm really excited for this to be implemented...

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 21 Aug 2010 08:05

Gorboth I tested your imbued weapons remember ;)

-b

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 23 Dec 2010 11:22

Narsil, and it should be able to kill any mage with any type of hit whether it be rake, jab, graze, or scratch. It did kill Sauron :twisted: with one hit.

The One Ring, I want to be invisible and if I where it too much turn pretty much into a wraith :twisted:

Bilbo/Frodo's mithril chainmail

An upgraded verson of Sting.

Shelob's stinger (poison included ;) )

these items would be fun

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/