Limited Items.

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zorath
Wanderer

Limited Items.

Post by Zorath » 27 Aug 2010 22:14

I feel one of the biggest problems in Genesis is the limiting of items.
I feel that this is why most people dont trust others with equipment, and
would rather bury their equipment down into the ground than let some other
person use it, I think this counts espesially in guilds who has the option
to join without applying (not that it is anything wrong with having such
guilds).

And, trying to find some good equipment for myself.. It is almoust impossible,
cause whenever I go checking a place I "remember" used to be good.. the good
item is simply never to be found. So what is the point in even trying.. ?.

I wasnt even able to kill the guy in Gont with spiked platemail alone, so then
I tried to go alittle in and out, which was pretty much a near death experience.
So getting anything while beeing "young".. Good luck to every new player!

Perhaps one solution could be to have some decent equipment not limited, and
NOT so hard to get, cause not everyone is myth's and legends.
And with decent equipment I mean equipment that is somewhere between things
you can buy/forge to top notch in the game.

I also think some people like limiting of items, cause then they might be able
to control other guilds, with taking the limited items the other guilds use.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Limited Items.

Post by Cherek » 27 Aug 2010 22:23

There are many types of "decent" equipment in the realms that arent limited I think.

I dont know your size, but, I dont think it would be good if every expert could get superior items alone. Good items should be guarded well, I honestly think its a bit easy to get some items. If something.

And, why not use the auction house? Lately (except right this moment) it has been pretty full of good equipment for pretty fair prices. Thats and excellent way of getting your hands on okay equipment being young.

I started a new char not that long ago and finding equipment I never saw as a problem at all. Finding something to kill with it is harder...

The reason why should have limits is because if not soon everyone will have the best EQ in the game, and the serious hoarders will have ten pairs of the best weapon/armours just in case nine breaks.

Thats no fun either.

Zorath
Wanderer

Post by Zorath » 27 Aug 2010 22:45

Cherek wrote: The reason why should have limits is because if not soon everyone will have the best EQ in the game, and the serious hoarders will have ten pairs of the best weapon/armours just in case nine breaks.

Thats no fun either.
Sounds like fun to me ^^.
Because then it would atleast be a good chance to get something when going to a monster that supposedly should have something good. In most cases as far as I understand it.. the equipment hoarders have probably gathered everything worthwhile to get within the first 24 hours after a armageddon, with exceptions to items that have a set spawning time.

And equipment hoarders will always exist, but I think it is sad that the limits then make it so hard for new players to get some good items to enjoy, without have to count on having big friends that can help them out.

Im not saying limits should not exist, but that I dont think it should be on every good/decent item out there.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Auction house.. I havent really checked it out that much.. but of what I have seen.. the prices has been really high, and I feel sorry for any new player who would have to buy for those prices I have seen so far.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 27 Aug 2010 23:32

What? Smith items not good enough? :D

Rest assured, Gorboth has a plan for this. It's called imbueable items, and it's really quite neat. Maybe you can send him some hugs and kisses and you may see it by Christmas.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 27 Aug 2010 23:49

I dont know game where newbie can get good eq, do you?
During you are growing you can get better eq. I remember times when getting green armours from Alexander in Gont was my best set and was enough against NPCs in the same area. So I was still growing and earning money. Now on myth size the same armours against actual NPCs arent enough, Whatmore even supreme eq isnt enough to do them solo, so I need companions to kill them.

Smith items, of course from good smith player with enough forging exp, are in the first 10, so dont complain about them. They only minus is that, they arent magical.

Zorath
Wanderer

Post by Zorath » 28 Aug 2010 00:41

Irk wrote:I dont know game where newbie can get good eq, do you?
During you are growing you can get better eq. I remember times when getting green armours from Alexander in Gont was my best set and was enough against NPCs in the same area. So I was still growing and earning money. Now on myth size the same armours against actual NPCs arent enough, Whatmore even supreme eq isnt enough to do them solo, so I need companions to kill them.

Smith items, of course from good smith player with enough forging exp, are in the first 10, so dont complain about them. They only minus is that, they arent magical.

Im not complaining about smith items.
But I think it is sad that almoust all npc's who I meet who is supposed to have something good never has it.
And that I think this is the reason why people are reluctant to put limited items into racks.

Perhaps I am wrong, but it is a feeling I have.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 28 Aug 2010 01:00

well thats true, limits are causing that it is hard to meet NPC with the item which you want. But some of them have quite good item in exchange. Still there are many NPC with good items which arent limited (Alexander, dwellers, halfling with blackened bracers etc). Only supreme, magical items are limited more or less, so you can be good equipment even with no limited items.
What is your size and goals?

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 28 Aug 2010 01:03

I have to agree with Cherek. I think it's cool that the "awesome" items are quite rare. I actually think they are a bit too common, but maybe that's also because there are fewer players around these days to use them/break them.

And anyway, befriend a good smith and your troubles are over :)

Zorath
Wanderer

Post by Zorath » 28 Aug 2010 02:16

Recoba wrote:I have to agree with Cherek. I think it's cool that the "awesome" items are quite rare. I actually think they are a bit too common, but maybe that's also because there are fewer players around these days to use them/break them.

And anyway, befriend a good smith and your troubles are over :)

Well I have to agree too, that the "awesome" items should be limited.. but not all limited items are "awesome" ^^.
Like Dragonscales.. they are good, but not really Awesome.

About Smiths, I am one.. so yes that is already my starting equipment.
But Im seeing this as a problem for all new players, and not only me.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 28 Aug 2010 04:03

Item limits suck.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/