Limited Items.

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zorath
Wanderer

Re: Limited Items.

Post by Zorath » 10 Sep 2010 16:25

OgreToyBoy wrote:All I can say is that I got no alt or anything if that comfort you :D
Yeah, that makes it all good :lol:
OgreToyBoy wrote:...or perhaps someone in a guild decided to piss off his 'friends' and looted the rack and gave to the guilds worst enemy.
Moments later deciding to log off. Perhaps alts working together but if there are two characters with different owners
I'd say its within the rules. Some characters only exist to be a pain for the guilds it manage to squeeze into. Perhaps stealing and
destroying just for the fun of it, just like some persons act in real life.
I guess they could still do that, but the cost of the action would probably hurt alot more.. than before.
Which is a GOOD thing, in my opinion.

Such charachters you talk about, does NOT help this game, regardless of reason for what they are doing.
OgreToyBoy wrote: I also think these fellows need to be part of this game, if you want more control be more selective with your recruitment.
If its a free to join guild, then you already got my solution.
If it is a free to join guild, they need it even more than those you cant join like that.
I dont think your solution is any helpful for the gameplay of this game.

Unfortunately that is how the game is right now, I know.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 10 Sep 2010 16:55

What the problem?
We managed to find racklooters in Gldiators where there was 200 players online. Now we have 20. It shoould be 10 times easier to find and kill rack looter. And there is a LOT of fun in finding and killing racklooters.
Also, in old times in Glads we had a rule - if someone is idling in chest room - just kill him. I think i will force this rule in evil part of mercenary guild :)

Zorath
Wanderer

Post by Zorath » 10 Sep 2010 17:42

Davvol wrote:What the problem?
We managed to find racklooters in Gldiators where there was 200 players online. Now we have 20. It shoould be 10 times easier to find and kill rack looter. And there is a LOT of fun in finding and killing racklooters.
Also, in old times in Glads we had a rule - if someone is idling in chest room - just kill him. I think i will force this rule in evil part of mercenary guild :)
Doubt you can find a player that only logs on to loot the rack, and then log out again.

Tapakah
Wizard

Post by Tapakah » 10 Sep 2010 18:27

amberlee wrote:Dear Tapakah..

Basically what you are communicating here is that you make yourself seem as useless as tits on a fish.
What do you mean WE have to produce the evidence?
We, the players can NEVER produce the kind of evidence that YOU the ARCHES can.
We do not have access to IPs et cetra.
Dear Amberlee,

We do not want, nor are we going to, snoop the entire population of Genesis, track every item exchanges, et al.
However once our attention is brought to a suspected violator, all tools we have, are employed.

You fail to see the difference between a complaint and a proof. Try once again. We never asked for any proof, except for minimal basis for the complaint.

T.
We love self criticism - L. F. Vunyukov, "The Tale of the Troika".

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 10 Sep 2010 22:58

To echo Tapakah's post above ... (and specifically to address Laurel's earlier post ...)

First off ... Laurel ... over here ... over in the corner ... here, let me show you something ... see this? Right here? In my hand? No, look closer ... closer ...

*SLAP!!!*

Now stop being silly! With all the voluminous amounts of work that needs to happen to get the game where we want it ... all the vast numbers of cool ideas that really deserve to be brought to creation ... all the response to player concerns, etc, etc, and on and on ... somehow, we wizards are expected to grab a lemonade, sit in a recliner, and with joy in our hearts spend hours snooping players and combing through logs? Come here ... one more time ...

*SLAP!!!*

"But!" You say "... but! Its-Your-Job-Mr.-And-Ms.-Wizards!!! You need to snoop snoop snoop till you droop droop droop!"

*SLAP!!!*

*SLAP!!!*

Some help over here, Tapakah? *Tapakah saddles over, hand held out*

*SLAP!!!* *SLAP!!!* *SLAP!!!* *SLAP!!!* *SLAP!!!*

There. I hope this has clarified my position on this oh-so-slap-worthy type of thinking. Don't make me get virtual on you again!
:evil:
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 11 Sep 2010 10:22

Dear Gorby - look in your PM box for a reply :twisted:

Zorath
Wanderer

Post by Zorath » 11 Sep 2010 12:38

Perhaps limited items should just include saving items.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 Sep 2010 15:21

tapakah wrote:
amberlee wrote:Dear Tapakah..

Basically what you are communicating here is that you make yourself seem as useless as tits on a fish.
What do you mean WE have to produce the evidence?
We, the players can NEVER produce the kind of evidence that YOU the ARCHES can.
We do not have access to IPs et cetra.
Dear Amberlee,

We do not want, nor are we going to, snoop the entire population of Genesis, track every item exchanges, et al.
However once our attention is brought to a suspected violator, all tools we have, are employed.

You fail to see the difference between a complaint and a proof. Try once again. We never asked for any proof, except for minimal basis for the complaint.

T.
So what about the complaints sent in that are blatantly ignored?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 Sep 2010 15:30

gorboth wrote:To echo Tapakah's post above ... (and specifically to address Laurel's earlier post ...)

First off ... Laurel ... over here ... over in the corner ... here, let me show you something ... see this? Right here? In my hand? No, look closer ... closer ...

*SLAP!!!*

Now stop being silly! With all the voluminous amounts of work that needs to happen to get the game where we want it ... all the vast numbers of cool ideas that really deserve to be brought to creation ... all the response to player concerns, etc, etc, and on and on ... somehow, we wizards are expected to grab a lemonade, sit in a recliner, and with joy in our hearts spend hours snooping players and combing through logs? Come here ... one more time ...

*SLAP!!!*

"But!" You say "... but! Its-Your-Job-Mr.-And-Ms.-Wizards!!! You need to snoop snoop snoop till you droop droop droop!"

*SLAP!!!*

*SLAP!!!*

Some help over here, Tapakah? *Tapakah saddles over, hand held out*

*SLAP!!!* *SLAP!!!* *SLAP!!!* *SLAP!!!* *SLAP!!!*

There. I hope this has clarified my position on this oh-so-slap-worthy type of thinking. Don't make me get virtual on you again!
:evil:
Well just to point it out.. You dont really need to snoop players to figure out who is who around.
You only need to pay attention to whats happening.
And above all... LISTEN to the playerbase.

I find wizards in general(Counting out our dear keeper which i for some reason respect a little.. dont know why..) are arrogant and having lost touch with what makes the donut go around..
Some select few would say "The Wizards do" which is bullshit..
Without the players the wizards would have a nice little sandbox to play with eachother in.

Others would say "The Players do!!"
Which is also bullshit... Without the wizards maintaining the donut it would be shattered long ago..

For the donut to actually survive it requires both wizards and players.. Which means cooperation..
You cant cooperate when one side ignores the other.
Something i belive genesis has been suffering from for a long time.

So how about both sides cut the bullshit and start cooperating for once, and work together towards making it a better game for all?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Tapakah
Wizard

Post by Tapakah » 11 Sep 2010 20:37

amberlee wrote:
So what about the complaints sent in that are blatantly ignored?
Hmm, I rescanned my mailbox and indeed found a complaint from Amberlee dating back to January 2009. I don't believe it got ignored, but I'll verify the status. Unfortunately, I was in a hiatus around that time, for what I apologize.

As far as I remember, all the latest complaints about misbehaviour got addressed. And if I come back with a reply that has in it 'Wizard XX in charge promised to make this and that', and you don't see "this and that" coming, feel free to page me again.

T.

P.S. I can give you another example, though. When this forum reported abuse of a certain powerful item, I was snooping the whereabouts of this item for a week afterwards.
We love self criticism - L. F. Vunyukov, "The Tale of the Troika".

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/