Equipment idea

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tapakah
Wizard

Equipment idea

Post by Tapakah » 19 Oct 2010 22:18

Consider an idea when every (occ) guildhall would have an equipment shop for guild members only. The shop would provide starter equipment:
* Weapons the guild uses
* Armours for every slot

The equipment would be of decent quality, something like that of death sword/chainmail/shield/armour from Terel, maybe a bit but not significantly less than that.
The whole set should cost something like 10 platinum and would be always available.

Would that reduce the tension over non-saving items, crashes etc?
T.
We love self criticism - L. F. Vunyukov, "The Tale of the Troika".

Alorrana
Myth

Re: Equipment idea

Post by Alorrana » 19 Oct 2010 23:03

great Idea.

But !

it dosnt quite cover the racks lost when crashes happen. If it could be something like scale/amc standard with its own guild ornaments and such, for a bigger prize tho, say 50 for a chainmail thats equal to a battle chainmail, Amc. and your local guild wizard could fire proof it for additional 50 plats.. something like that. will that upset any balance issues or ? if items where that good and that could be done to them within the guild.. Enhancments and such.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Oct 2010 23:41

Well, the knights (and other guilds) have that kind of shop. I always found it useful when we had nothing else. But I'd would rather see autosaving racks. I never understood the concept of having to save them really. It is just annoying and doesnt add anything to the game I think.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 19 Oct 2010 23:50

Its an excellent idea.
Starting out on zero aint fun at all

Anahita
Adventurer

Post by Anahita » 20 Oct 2010 04:40

I like the idea. Or, in the alternative, expand Bubba's capabilities.

Trutblemma
Adventurer

Post by Trutblemma » 20 Oct 2010 10:37

Excellent idea, Tapakah.

That would give you something to start with, simple and neat. Crashes are extremely annoying......to say the least. But with a set of fairly decent equipment you can go look for better things right away. Yes, I like that very much.

I think the Cadets and Academics should be included in this. In my opinion, they need it more than "real" OOC guilds. The things unequipt Cadets and Academics can kill doesn't have anything useful to loot.

Hmm....or is the the gear from Sparkle church <pray> <request> meant for that? Or is that gear only useful for beginners?....
Maybe it's time to wake up old Codric and test it :D

Anyways, love the idea, Tapakah
//Emma's overseer

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 20 Oct 2010 11:34

As much as I think the idea might reduce the tension - is it not simply adding more casuality and inflation? Besides, the people who are really tense about having the prime gear, will still be annoyed with loosing it even if they have death chainmail replacements. The idea has merit for the casual player who just needs the basics if things crash, but I doubt "the supremes" (who can get the good gear simply wearing Bubbas anyhow from what I am told) would see this as a sufficient replacement.
Even if the band-aid effect would be there to begin with, it would eventually be "but this crappy gear we get almost for free does not cover our loss at all)...or so I suspect :)
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 20 Oct 2010 20:10

The smiths could be so much useful at this, since every guild has at least one of them...

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 20 Oct 2010 21:45

Rhynox wrote:The smiths could be so much useful at this, since every guild has at least one of them...
This is very true!
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 21 Oct 2010 10:31

The idea is great. Rhynox thoughts as well. Both got a point.

But I don't think there are enough smiths active to cover sudden crashes.

What shall we monks get? A trainer that we can "beat" up and get lessons ?
Since we don't use weapons in the way that all other guilds does.
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/