Equipment idea

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor

Re: Equipment idea

Post by Draugor » 21 Oct 2010 13:10

Make sure the gear is equal then, so that it ains like so much else atm that some guilds get ALOT better shit than some

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 21 Oct 2010 15:30

Rhynox: No, not all guilds have smiths. And certainly not an active smith at all times. Often you wake up alone. And if not, you would need to get hold of your smith-friend, go to a forge (not all guilds have forges) and wait for them to create a decent set of equipment. I think its faster to just go to say, Gont, buy/pick up some crappy weapon from the local shop or an NPC, kill Alexander for a green steel sword and armours, and then you're set to go EQ-hunting. Probably as quick as the smith way, and you'll get better equipment. There are similar options for most weapons. If smith equipment was better, it could be an option of course.

Anyway, I am guessing since we are going to get saving racks this idea with the shop probably wont be implemented?

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 21 Oct 2010 16:47

As one of the few who use a guildsmith I can only say its quite handy for those crashes or when you log on :lol:

Gub
Adventurer

Post by Gub » 21 Oct 2010 18:07

How about a shop in Sparkle that allows Smiths to "stock" their wears.

A smith can make X amount of platemails and stock them into the Sparkle store. Once they are stocked in the Sparkle store nothing removes them (arma, crash, etc) until they are sold.

This store could be reproduced at most guilds allowing for an adventuresome smith to stock his wears into different locations. A smith with quality wears could potentially make a killing after an unexpected crash.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 21 Oct 2010 18:10

Excellent idea Gub!

Earth
Great Adventurer

Post by Earth » 21 Oct 2010 18:41

Gub wrote:How about a shop in Sparkle that allows Smiths to "stock" their wears.

A smith can make X amount of platemails and stock them into the Sparkle store. Once they are stocked in the Sparkle store nothing removes them (arma, crash, etc) until they are sold.

This store could be reproduced at most guilds allowing for an adventuresome smith to stock his wears into different locations. A smith with quality wears could potentially make a killing after an unexpected crash.
Actually, we have that already. It's the auction house. For someone enterprising smith, it would be an opportunity to show off their prowness. Also, it's handy to see the name of the person selling the item. The only thing is that I'm not sure how short you can list your item for. After the first few hours or so, the usefulness would decrease.

Anahita
Adventurer

Post by Anahita » 21 Oct 2010 19:42

Rhynox wrote:The smiths could be so much useful at this, since every guild has at least one of them...
Not true at all. Nor should a guild have to encourage a member join, to spend hours forging to get enough skill to make something thats halfway decent so they can have "good" starter equipment. And you are assuming that said guild member is active and wakes up soon enough after the crash to forge something useful, and avoid getting Pkilled while doing it.

Doesn't really seem like a solution at all to me.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 21 Oct 2010 19:51

Earth: People have tried that. (With little success?).

A smith shop for smith items only would probably be a good idea. Especially if the items could be automatically quality-checked when smiths turn them in. So the buyer knows what he or she is buying. I would not buy a random smith-item from the auction without a clue how good it is.

It would also be good if the shop could stack items for quite some time, so there will basically always be items there no matter when you need some piece of equipment.

Also, I think the auction is for the prime equipment and lots of smith items would be quite spammy, as it has proven to be when people have tried to sell them.

Gub
Adventurer

Post by Gub » 21 Oct 2010 20:40

The problem I see with the auction house is its delivery post-arma.

Right when I wake up post-arma I want to be able to buy my equipment and start hunting/gathering. If I rely on the auction house, first a smith must be awake, secondly I must wait while he crafts my armors and delivers them to Sparkle. If a smith isn't awake then this isn't possible and if the smith takes his time, I'm sitting around for 15-20 minutes while things are being put together.

We keep discussing ways to improve the speed of Genesis to make is easier on the casual player. This makes it easier, the auction house is great for prime equipment, but its not very practical in a post-arma environment for sub-prime equipment.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 21 Oct 2010 23:08

The problem with the auction house is that you can't actually measure how good a forged armour or weapon is. Who assures me a platemail has been forged by, say, Earth? Maybe he just found one lying in the floor and put it on sale. I could scam so many people with items that look equal to special weapons but aren't actually those via the house :D

Let's see: contrary to a few, I wouldn't mind having to leave the guild and go somewhere to get a starter set. I think there is no need for that starter set to be available in the guild, it could be anywhere. Therefore, if it could be anywhere, it makes sense that if some place is offering good armours and weapons as starting set, it should be the smith guild. Tweak the idea around: make smiths sell their forged items in a shop inside the smith guild instead of Bree shop, and then the guild create a set of forged armours and weapons getting the best pieces forged. And then have those sets offered in the shop. If you don't want to travel to Bree because it is too risky for you, then add a shop in Sparkle that holds the shop itself and a forge (like it has been mentioned but never implemented), so that you need to go to the hub to get a starting set.

One thing is making it easier for casual players. I think a casual player can take 5 minutes to go to XXX and buy a starting set if there is nothing available. The baby spooning isn't necessary in this case.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/