Hidden Imbuement

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Do you think Imbuements should be "hidden" on the original NPC until the NPC is killed?

Yes
73%
No
10%
Don't Care
17%

Total votes: 48

Booger
Veteran

Re: Hidden Imbuement

Post by Booger » 11 Apr 2011 21:00

No problem! I bet this will still work:
#trig "died." -> "get unusual items from corpse";"get peculiar items from corpse";"get exotic items from corpse";"commune all Hi everyone! I'm not botting - I'm just very annoying."
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 11 Apr 2011 21:12

Booger wrote:No problem! I bet this will still work:
#trig "died." -> "get unusual items from corpse";"get peculiar items from corpse";"get exotic items from corpse";"commune all Hi everyone! I'm not botting - I'm just very annoying."

Aye but still, it wont be the "Run through area with exa dwarves, color trigger on imbuements, kill targeted mob and get stuff

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 11 Apr 2011 21:16

Of course not!
The main thing is to have to kill before you know.

And btw, I'm colour blind and don't use color codes.
And I'm not running. I'm just walking very, very fast.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 13 Apr 2011 09:19

Yeah... well I hope with any fix we don't have to loot every corpse, put unusual/peculiar/exotic items in pack, then sort through all the crap on every kill... umm. no.

Bromen

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 13 Apr 2011 09:39

errrr ... so what you're saying is that you don't care what's left from every killed mob = you don't look around the corpses but let your trigs/macros/scripts take care of that = you script around?

I really don't fancy this approach, as I'm the old-style player who just cleans all corpses (I love the ignots!) and checks what's left from them AND usually examines the enemy 1-3 times during the fight anyway ... but I guess I'm outdated towards current standards of playing Genesis? :roll:
that's prolly the reason why everybody right and left is turning myth, while Laurel isn't ... or maybe the fact that Laurel has a little more time she spends on each kill (compared to all those grind-compliant guilds) so there is plenty time to examine the corpses, enemies and loot ...

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 13 Apr 2011 23:57

I guess what everyone wants is to make it impossible to quickly pick out all the imbuements from an area, to not give unfair advantages to some scripters, but also to make sure that everyone gets the same chance to actually find imbuements (and not keep on killing but never find anything because someone else has made the area barren of imbuements by not killing the ones who lack imbuements).

It's, of course, possible to make things harder, by revealing the imbuement only if you look at the item, or wield it, or after a certain time.
If you want to be evil, you can just remove those extra lines and make the only way to see the imbuement to actually use the items and notice the effects. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: (this will NEVER happen! I promise!)
But this first step is something just about everyone wants. How far to go after that can be discussed, but don't expect too much.
I also have trouble leaving loot, btw. Even if not valuable. Feels wrong to leave things behind. And even if I'm heavily into scripting, I believe I'll stay below you in level for a bit longer.

EDIT: Added a few smileys and an added note to make sure you understand that a certain thing here is NOT a suggestion and will NOT happen).
Last edited by Booger on 15 Apr 2011 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 14 Apr 2011 02:15

I personally look at all the loot from my kills as well. You never know when something might change! I also check out my enemy during the fight. I grind pretty slowly so I have plenty of time to look around ;-)

I also am loathe to leave behind anything valuable.

Even if we don't get what we're asking for here re: hiding the imbuements, I would say that killing as many NPCs as possible increases the chances of more imbuements coming into the game. If someone cherry picks the NPCs with the imbuements without killing others, then I have to believe that when those NPCs regen, that they all probably won't come back with imbuements.

Now that I think about it, maybe we should be happy to have the grind machines to clear out the NPCs so that more can come back with imbuements....

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 14 Apr 2011 07:53

Booger wrote:If you want to be evil, you can just remove those extra lines and make the only way to see the imbuement to actually use the items and notice the effects.
That part would absolutely rock for Ogres, as if we are not shafted enough the way imbuements work right now :shock:

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 14 Apr 2011 16:26

Booger wrote:If you want to be evil, you can just remove those extra lines and make the only way to see the imbuement to actually use the items and notice the effects.
I think thats a bad idea -- there needs to be some manner of visual distinguishment other than use. Think for a second if you applied the same theory to the falchion.

You have 10 falchions.. 9 are plastic and 1 is enchanted... and have no clue which are plastic and which is enchanted unless you were to use it in battle? How do you sort? By killing mice? While perhaps you could explain this through lore.. I don't think the practicality of it makes gameplay or use of these items feasible.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 14 Apr 2011 16:38

Hiding imbuements is a terrible, I think only the very hardcore researcher like Booger would even bother about it if it worked that way.

The more user friendly the game is, the better imho. Easy to learn, hard to master is usually the best games imho.

Genesis is more like hard to learn, easy to master... which maybe isnt the best. Buts its becoming easier, which is a good thing I think.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/