Runed Axe

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Bromen
Champion

Runed Axe

Post by Bromen » 24 Dec 2011 11:29

I recently purchased one and I would like to know some of its abilities. I teamed with a Glad who used it to smear corpses, but I never really found out what that does.

Can someone enlighten me?

Bromen

Johnny
Veteran

Re: Runed Axe

Post by Johnny » 24 Dec 2011 19:41

From what I understand, it makes the axe better. How? That I am unsure of.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 17 Jan 2012 08:33

So far, I've learned the axe's runes can glow blue. What triggers this, I have no idea. I have heard it drains mana and that the damage is lightning/electrical. I really wish someone that knows this axe can tell me all about it.

B

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 17 Jan 2012 20:38

Sorry I've never used it, always thought of the smear as a handy Ingot type function to hide corpses/
Test and see if you can tell what makes the runes glow.. 50 smears, hitting a certain location, certain race etc.
+Maybe try seeing what magic identify could tell you about it in game?
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 17 Jan 2012 21:29

Smearing corpses with the axe makes it very similar to an ingot and charges the runes. Between 7-10 corpses being smeared fully charges the runes to blue, and upon the axe connecting a hit discharges electrical energy doing more damage to an opponent.

My test results ^^.

Someone told me that the guy who has that axe can also have a shadow axe but I've never seen that one out.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 17 Jan 2012 21:33

Zestana wrote:Someone told me that the guy who has that axe can also have a shadow axe but I've never seen that one out.
wasn't it removed already?

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 18 Jan 2012 11:32

it was removed years ago, apparently it was bugged.....

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 18 Jan 2012 20:26

Zestana wrote:Smearing corpses with the axe makes it very similar to an ingot and charges the runes. Between 7-10 corpses being smeared fully charges the runes to blue, and upon the axe connecting a hit discharges electrical energy doing more damage to an opponent.

My test results ^^.

Someone told me that the guy who has that axe can also have a shadow axe but I've never seen that one out.
Nice test.
The interesting question now is if you unwield the axe does it cause the runes charge to dissipate?
Or if the axe can be charged when it is not wielded.
Allowing the user to easily keep the charged axe for a big boss battle or pkill.

Axes are definitely pretty badass.
My favourite axe ab/use was a certain other axe you can wield and then <pledge soul> to get a strength buff.
But you could unwield the axe and keep the buff.

Axes I would like to see added to the game..
Snaga the Sender, the double-bladed battle-axe of Druss the Legend from David Gemmell's Drenai tales.
It was very powerful axe possessed by a demon that attempts to turn corrupt the user.
Axe would provide a bonus to defence from the relentless attacks. (Attack best form of defence)
Also some spell block chance, due to the demon eating the magic.
You could then buy one here and hold it while playing..
http://www.raven-armoury.co.uk/snaga.htm
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 19 Jan 2012 10:38

way back I was a thief, 1.5 years ago, I was able to attain the shadow axe a few times. It had a cool emote where shadows would flicker when you swing it and sometimes it would turn into something (can't remember) that had an affect on it's target. No idea what triggered it or how to use it.

When I used the runed axe on centaurs, I never witnessed an electrical discharge. When fighting gont guards and those much smaller than I, I would see the axe's proc on a fairly regular basis.

I really wish the game had some sort of identify that helped provide info IN DETAIL on the item you're using. I would definitely use a money sink like imbuements to find out more about items I use.

Bromen

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 19 Jan 2012 17:05

way back I was a thief, 1.5 years ago, I was able to attain the shadow axe a few times. It had a cool emote where shadows would flicker when you swing it and sometimes it would turn into something (can't remember) that had an affect on it's target. No idea what triggered it or how to use it.
That is the Flickering shadowy axe from Palanthas. When indoors it turns into the shadow version.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/