Gear inflation?

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: Gear inflation?

Post by Laurel » 25 Aug 2012 22:22

One word: Huma.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 25 Aug 2012 23:10

Laurel wrote:One word: Huma.

Was riding a dragon while doing so wielding a weapon made for dragon killing specifically.
So no, he did not Solo dragons, I am quite sure his dragon had ALOT to do with it.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 26 Aug 2012 23:22

More words - Huma vs Wyrmfather.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 26 Aug 2012 23:46

Laurel wrote:More words - Huma vs Wyrmfather.

You mean that blind, insanely old dragon that could hardly move due to the confines for his cave? :P Even you as a ranger could have taken him out with a bloody pen knife :P

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 27 Aug 2012 07:41

There is tons of instances where someone single-handedly kills a dragon - I don't know how many I killed in Skyrim recently, but it was fun.
Regardless this argument is a dead-end.

I think most people here agree that cooperation between players should be encouraged and prodded along, and one way is upping notable NPC strengths to counter the inflation in power at the hands of players.
Making good items more rare is one suggestion.
Other ideas concern evening out the massive stat-gap between players, perhaps by letting stats mean less and skills mean more.
Others again have suggested adding team-tactics.
Or adding more benefits to teaming up, in addition to just a straight Xp-bonus.

I'm thinking we're seeing is a game suffering from inflation is all areas, except the community.
Money in Genesis is near worthless for the established players.
Inflation in stats and gear are even worse, and neither of the three are fixed easily. Personally I think the stat inflation is a worse problem than the gear inflation (and consequent NPC threat-deflation).
So maybe we can look at the inflation problem, as one big, interconnected problem, instead of trying to fix one branch isolated from the rest?
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/