Torques

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Icarus
Veteran

Torques

Post by Icarus » 08 Mar 2013 15:18

I was wondering, is there any will among the wizards to let us mortals know which torques are held by wizards, and not neccecarily which torque is held by which wizard, just let us know which torques there really are no points in trying to scry?

Ic
Flee you fools!

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Torques

Post by Cherek » 08 Mar 2013 16:47

Icarus wrote:I was wondering, is there any will among the wizards to let us mortals know which torques are held by wizards, and not neccecarily which torque is held by which wizard, just let us know which torques there really are no points in trying to scry?

Ic
That suggestion does make sense I think. Actually, I didnt know wizards also held torques.

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 08 Mar 2013 17:26

I am quite sure that some wizards do, perhaps not that many, but some do.

Another option that would work equally great would be to make an addendum to the scry code to not show wizards torques on the list for mortals, thus, you may have your torque, but we wouldn't know.
Flee you fools!

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 08 Mar 2013 17:36

A lot of the torques which show up in the scry list are those held by the people involved in the actual quest.

I am unaware of any wizard who holds a torque, to be honest, but I am not a wizard so I do not know! More importantly might be to identify which of the people on the list are NPCs.

Windemere

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 08 Mar 2013 17:53

Icarus wrote:I am quite sure that some wizards do, perhaps not that many, but some do.

Another option that would work equally great would be to make an addendum to the scry code to not show wizards torques on the list for mortals, thus, you may have your torque, but we wouldn't know.
Well to be honest I dont really know. You suggestion seems like a fair one though, if wizards do indeed show up. Unless it's on purpose. Since it's a question regarding the Torque Quest i suggest you send your suggestion to Gorboth?

Or simply use the "idea" command. Wizards do notice those things, but sometimes miss questions asked here.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 08 Mar 2013 18:19

Why does it matter whether a torque is held by a wizard or not? Part of the torque's mystery is that you don't know who holds it. Any random npc could hold it too, and there's really no point in scrying them either.

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 08 Mar 2013 18:32

petros wrote:Why does it matter whether a torque is held by a wizard or not? Part of the torque's mystery is that you don't know who holds it. Any random npc could hold it too, and there's really no point in scrying them either.
Well, the ten first torques are held by various statues around on the quest, and they are constant, when it comes to the rest of the torques held by mortals, they can be identified, and the torques are permanently set as you make them. You can scry the statues, you can scry mortals unless in very special situations, you can't scry a wizard.

So an NPC can be scryed, a wizard CAN'T be scryed. Big difference. Yes, some locations will block a scrying as well, but a mortal actually do move about at times.
Flee you fools!

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 08 Mar 2013 18:40

Funny, I would have thought it'd be nice to know when wizards are online. But maybe that's just me.

Well, as Windemere said, if you have a suggestion for the torque, Gorboth is the guy. I do think it adds a bit to the flavor to have wizards have torques (the few that actually bother to clone it and put in all the right settings). But it's ultimately up to Gorboth to make the right call with regards to player experience and theme.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 08 Mar 2013 18:44

Thanks for including me Petros,

But Cherek said to contact Gorboth. I'd prefer not to take credit unless it is due! :)

Windemere

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 08 Mar 2013 19:28

I plan to keep things as they are on this one.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/