Equipment Hoarding

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

On the topic of equipment hoarding ...

Certain guilds nearly always hoard weapons they do not use to prevent them from being in the hands of those that would benefit from them, and it is a very serious flaw in the current design.
31%
Equipment hoarding does happen occasionally, but the average player will only be moderately impacted making it not a huge problem.
45%
Equipment hoarding is overstated, and is not actually a problem at all.
24%

Total votes: 51

Zhar
Wizard

Re: Equipment Hoarding

Post by Zhar » 14 Aug 2013 21:58

How about all enchanted items having a static % chance of dropping (relatively high, so it's not a total grindcore) but are never (ever) saving?

This would force people to start their hunts after arma with sub-par eq and making them work for it. Overflowing rack problem solved. Thrill of the hunt put back into the game.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 14 Aug 2013 21:59

Laurel wrote:Hmmm, who will be there to counter MMs cleaning ME from eq?
I know where this is going, by you also know my answer. Rangers, Valar, Milita are the ones who are suppose to stand up to the mages in ME. Now if right now they don't want to because they feel unequal in power, that's not an issue we can resolve, but I'm pretty sure if enough rangers attacked a mage, they could put up a fight.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 14 Aug 2013 22:01

Alexi wrote:I'm pretty sure if enough rangers attacked a mage, they could put up a fight.
I'm sure you can show me how.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 15 Aug 2013 11:26

1. Wear something else that wet tissuepaper as armor.
2. ????
3. Profit.

It's not that difficult to stack the card in your favor, and you got those pesky scops to complement you if the goal is to send a mage to Lars. It's suprisingly easy, but if you don't dare then work more on the ethics and combat rotations...
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 15 Aug 2013 15:27

tbh a ranger can put up a fight.
However the current rangers don't kow their heads from their arse when it comes to fighting anything but random NPCs, and usually just panic when they even see a black robed hooded creature(Can think of one or two exceptions, but they arent active)

But yes.. MMs can be beaten.. Not killed because rangers lack the DPS for that.. But they can easily be forced to run or die.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 15 Aug 2013 18:47

That... And they basically dont know how, and refuse to learn.
Complacancy is a cancer that is festering in the rangers nowdays.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 15 Aug 2013 19:27

Ok, let's talk facts, shall we? ;)
Alexi: you are talking based on experience 10+ years old, right? How about you back your statement with a log of you besting Celephias, Fluffy or Eta in the most recent past? Let's just mention that in times when Ugel or Trenna were active player average size was QUITE smaller (Ugel the first full mage at apprentice mortal level, or?), average armours worn by players QUITE lower.
Amber: how many MMs have you bested in the recent years or months? Give me a number please.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 15 Aug 2013 20:26

So none? Really ... it's so easy ...
And you were even one of the extremely few active Rangers who were actually ABOVE rising hero lvl ...

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 15 Aug 2013 21:14

Maybe someone could split this thread.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 15 Aug 2013 21:41

Recoba wrote:Maybe someone could split this thread.
Think they gave up after the 67th MM thread split.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/