View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 23 Oct 2018 17:21

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
Hoarding 
Author Message
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1660
Anyone know people that have stopped playing because they cant get their hands on gear?

ANd I'm not talking about gear that anyone uses, more so to weapons that guilds who cant use them hoard.

I'm slightly annoyed by the "I take it so that they cant have it" attitude, seems kinda childish and selfish


30 Dec 2014 10:42
Profile
Champion
User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2010 11:36
Posts: 608
I liked Ogres just due to that fact.
But it's annoying with hoarders that just stockpile items because they can without even using them. Should have a decay timer on items that are not worn or wielded, and raise the limitations of magic items(also allow substantially longer LD). Make great items somewhat unique so you can't have more than one/two on yourself be it in a pack or worn, perhaps even have issues tossing to many in the Guild racks (especially for the unbreakable or super items). Have more items Guild/align/race specific, doesn't make sense for anyone but a MM to wield the flamer as an example.


30 Dec 2014 12:24
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1660
OgreToyBoy wrote:
I liked Ogres just due to that fact.
But it's annoying with hoarders that just stockpile items because they can without even using them. Should have a decay timer on items that are not worn or wielded, and raise the limitations of magic items(also allow substantially longer LD). Make great items somewhat unique so you can't have more than one/two on yourself be it in a pack or worn, perhaps even have issues tossing to many in the Guild racks (especially for the unbreakable or super items). Have more items Guild/align/race specific, doesn't make sense for anyone but a MM to wield the flamer as an example.



The decaytimer sounds like an awesome plan, and there are far to many uber weapons imo, back in the day so to speak Splendid swords where useable, today you dont even consider picking ut up :s


30 Dec 2014 12:54
Profile
Apprentice

Joined: 29 Mar 2012 13:44
Posts: 41
In my opinion it is just too easy to get magic/enchanted weapons - it should be much more difficult. I've got decent gear highlighted and at the moment most of the examined people look for me as Christmas tree. In my opinion most of armours/weapons should be average/decent and those really awesome should be rare and hard to obtain - not in reach single mortal on hero, legend or myth. Obtaining enchanted items should be risky - definitely it should not look like fastwalking to npc, checking if it got any decent gear, typing kill and moving forward to next one. Perhaps we should have have a something like in WoW - if you are single hero and you are taking down the mob you have like x% chances for magic item to drop, if you are strong team and you are willing to take a risk of death your chances rise substantially.


30 Dec 2014 14:56
Profile
Great Adventurer

Joined: 12 Mar 2010 23:53
Posts: 188
Draugor wrote:
OgreToyBoy wrote:
I liked Ogres just due to that fact.
But it's annoying with hoarders that just stockpile items because they can without even using them. Should have a decay timer on items that are not worn or wielded, and raise the limitations of magic items(also allow substantially longer LD). Make great items somewhat unique so you can't have more than one/two on yourself be it in a pack or worn, perhaps even have issues tossing to many in the Guild racks (especially for the unbreakable or super items). Have more items Guild/align/race specific, doesn't make sense for anyone but a MM to wield the flamer as an example.



The decaytimer sounds like an awesome plan, and there are far to many uber weapons imo, back in the day so to speak Splendid swords where useable, today you dont even consider picking ut up :s


Agreed.


30 Dec 2014 17:14
Profile
Veteran

Joined: 21 Jun 2010 15:47
Posts: 205
I think we just have uber gear to uber, and to easy to get. In old days, MBB was best axe in the game, and was very difficult to get solo, EH was best weapon at all (beside FBB, what was almost impossible to get). Everyone was happy with JBS and sword of light/darkness. Dscale was armour of choice. Dscale, ancient greaves, death helmet, fur cloak, BSA + cleaver and you are set up and ready to kill. I think we need to make gear, what is better then this, be extremely difficult to get solo. No matter how big you are. Gather 2-4 myths to get something better.


31 Dec 2014 21:42
Profile
Rising Hero
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2012 22:04
Posts: 307
Location: Reseda
it would make the smiths more worth while if top level smiths could make worthwhile gear(modern standards) or be able to temporarilly buff up quality non magical gear to magical standards. or repair broken magical gear,

as it is now the guild is mostly a moneysink. for people who sit around idling all day with crafting scripts.

_________________
Image


31 Dec 2014 23:21
Profile ICQ YIM
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1660
Snowrose wrote:
it would make the smiths more worth while if top level smiths could make worthwhile gear(modern standards) or be able to temporarilly buff up quality non magical gear to magical standards. or repair broken magical gear,

as it is now the guild is mostly a moneysink. for people who sit around idling all day with crafting scripts.



Tbh smiths should be able to find Mithril ore somewhere, and melt imbuements into the things they create :o

Ironstones make stuff dull slower, a glittering one makes it indestructable etc


31 Dec 2014 23:41
Profile
Apprentice

Joined: 29 Mar 2012 13:44
Posts: 41
Decay of not used items is in my opinion not the best idea - I do not hoard the armours and weapons but it is nice to have some in the rack for replacement when the used one breaks. In my opinion the last thing we need is more super-equipment as adding new better items just make old one less and less useful. Most of the items should be downgraded, some stay as they are now, and some made much harder to obtain. Enchanted items should be not for everyone, just for few lucky ones.


01 Jan 2015 16:19
Profile
Champion
User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2010 11:36
Posts: 608
Einar wrote:
Decay of not used items is in my opinion not the best idea - I do not hoard the armours and weapons but it is nice to have some in the rack for replacement when the used one breaks. In my opinion the last thing we need is more super-equipment as adding new better items just make old one less and less useful. Most of the items should be downgraded, some stay as they are now, and some made much harder to obtain. Enchanted items should be not for everyone, just for few lucky ones.


Agree somewhat with your point of view. To make good gear harder to obtain is something that's been tried in the past and it doesn't work due to magic-users being able to steamboat over any opposition unless they are insanely magic resistant. Also the terribly inflated size of just about anyone makes it even harder to balance with just doing the enemies harder/larger/cooler specials or what not.
Also such changes will just mean those that doesn't have access to the uber player will see the good gear once a month at most. Main problem is some people hoard specific item just to make it unavailable to other players who could use it. Try to acquire a gem-ring, chances are that someone is standing outside the room just waiting and that same person probably already have a ring or two and they are not likely to share because that item belongs to THEM. Make items intelligent with a serious narcissistic issue making it refuse to be near a 'sister/brother'.
Imagine if ogre's stockpiled good gear in their ravine and didn't 'use' them at the forge. You wouldn't even see any of the semi-good gear and be left out in the rain with splendid swords and scales or at the mercy of guildies dropping in racks. Are guilds that do just that but instead stockpile the best gear, like having hoopaks in gladiator chest or axes in BDA racks. Wouldn't you be happy if such items vanished after a day or two so you could raid that certain NPC for a shot at acquiring one?

But I still would like a raised limit on magic items in game, longer LD and a way to regulate hoarders subscribing on certain items.


01 Jan 2015 17:17
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 126 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.