Hoarding

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alorrana
Myth

Re: Hoarding

Post by Alorrana » 10 Mar 2015 14:57

Why is getting shitty weapons and lousy armours the way to go ?

this is a game, it needs to be fun. :) not piss borring with sucky EQ.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 10 Mar 2015 15:57

Alorrana wrote:Why is getting shitty weapons and lousy armours the way to go ?

this is a game, it needs to be fun. :) not piss borring with sucky EQ.
But... Think of the challenge! And this overwhelming sense of envy when you see someone fully kitted out. And the overwhelming sense of pride when you're the one who's fully kitted out.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 10 Mar 2015 16:42

I usually start out with my own forged items and then build up from there..

again, it would take a ton of time to kill anything mythicial. and the reward would be
something that could break on prime..

and no i dont want to be envy in this game, if someone has something cool, then im
glad for that person. Nor do i wanna run around and be all like, ahh look at me, I have
this and that, you dont, boo hoo.

If it eint broke, dont fix it.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Jooli
Adept

Post by Jooli » 10 Mar 2015 18:24

I think it sounds like a great change.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 10 Mar 2015 22:55

Think of it this way:

Dixel
Beginner

Post by Dixel » 12 Mar 2015 22:04

hey all =)

i know i'm very new to this game (i have only been playing it for a few days, and this is actually my first post in the forum), but please, hear me out, i think ur making a huge mistake by introducing % chance to drop stuff.

this has been the bread and butter of grinders, and will not solve your hoarder issue, eventually, either the weapons will be impossible to find all together (with a really small % of finding them) or the world will be overflowing with these items after the grinders do their job...

i propose a new solution for this issue (and i hope it was not presented before this, i haven't read all the forum =) ), a set number of items is pre-fixed, so no more than that can exist, and then, simply vanish the oldest of those items each time a new one is found...

think of it as the weapon returning to his master... this will prevent hoarding and will avoid the dreadful % that comes with grinding for items... seriously... what i instantly loved about this game, is that when you saw an enemy wielding an axe and a platemail, when he died, that's what you got! an axe and a platemail, i might be new to this particular game, but not new to RPGs, MMORPGs and MUDs.... the worst thing ever is to item grind... the challenge itself should be getting the enemy killed, not having to grind it till you get that specific item you want.... if you can grind an enemy like that, it shouldn't be a boss at all (or carry that powerful weapon).... so why not just take away the oldest weapon/equipment from the game and give it to someone that just earned it? (perhaps only take it if your not currently online holding it, just to prevent it from disappearing right in the middle of a fight =P )

you get the best of both worlds, you will get the weapon if you can defeat the boss and most likely retrieve it from a hoarder!(and you know you will eventually lose the weapon/armor if other people kill the boss enough times to go thru all the others in the world)
with this, if you want the weapon, you will always get it, IF you can kill the boss.... this makes hoarding impossible....

i beg of you, please consider this or other alternatives before introducing drop chances (%).... for me it really kills a game, and makes it a grind fest (which i believe is not the spirit of this game).... any modifications or variations of this method are more than welcome =)

thank you for reading this and perhaps considering my idea =)

cheers....

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 12 Mar 2015 23:30

Hehe that would be a great idea, imagine being in a hard fight and whuuuupsie! your fabled axe of awesome carnage went poof because someone just killed the boss wielding it and making your copy obsolete.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 12 Mar 2015 23:42

Dixel: I see where you're going and you have really good intentions. I just think, as ODB pointed out, the potential for abuse/frustration is significantly higher than any benefits that may be there.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 13 Mar 2015 00:04

OgreToyBoy wrote:Hehe that would be a great idea, imagine being in a hard fight and whuuuupsie! your fabled axe of awesome carnage went poof because someone just killed the boss wielding it and making your copy obsolete.
You've just described some things that can happen in Torment: Tides of Numenera (I know you're all waiting for it) :)

Dixel
Beginner

Post by Dixel » 13 Mar 2015 06:50

as i said...
Dixel wrote:(perhaps only take it if your not currently online holding it, just to prevent it from disappearing right in the middle of a fight =P )
i dont think this idea is that far fetched... i would be honored if it was just considered a viable option.... it's similar to the current system, so only minor changes have to be done, and would eliminate the hoarding issue...

EDIT: i have yet to find a negative side to this concept... what Ogre said was already covered... please don't underestimate it unless you really find an issue with it....

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/