Hoarding

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arcon

Re: Hoarding

Post by Arcon » 03 Jan 2015 15:34

Einar wrote:Gorboth, could you please elaborate what you need a list of items for and what you going to do it with once received? I refuse to put single item on this list if you going to mess only with chance to drop certain items - from my point of view it will change as much as I'll have to kill npc 1000 times instead of 200. NPCs who possess such rare items should be hard to kill - the good example is a orc captain in Emerald - you just don't walk in, kill it and walk away (well, the most people do not), or this guy in Kabal wielding the whip. Reward should be equal to the risk you take and if you risk nothing you should not be rewarded at all.
With the current size differences just making a NPC "hard" to kill will only make those "rare" items easy for the big players, the heavy grinders, which will make them grind better gaining even more on those that don't. If you add luck to the equation then you will even it out a bit more, you aren't luckier just because you are a super myth.

Of course good challenges are important, hard fights that needs a balanced team with tactics with a nice reward for winning the fight is a great thing for the game.

I was suggesting that we lower the quality of the average used item and make it feel special the few times you can use one.

I also think that death traps should return, no more wimping or running from the yeti, no leaving the ledge in Emerald during battle etc. As you said, risk vs reward, you want a cool item risk death.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 03 Jan 2015 16:04

How about allowing guilds to switch to different weapons? We've discussed this before, but wouldn't that help combat the problem? Gladiators, in the historical sense of the word, were adept with most weapon types, for example. Why not allow the choice for all guilds, for that matter?

Never understood this at all.

Einar
Apprentice

Post by Einar » 03 Jan 2015 16:07

Right, I would not remove the chance to obtain a ubergear by hero or above completly but I do think that in most case single person should not be able to obtain any powerful artifact. No matter if you are supermyth, myth or just legend - you should not be able to take down a owner of most powerful items in the world - they should hit you hard, they should disarm you for entire fight, blind you, tire out you or in any other way stop you from killing them and take away their belongings. NPC should eliminate opponents not only by killing them but making them useless by breaking the weapons, destroying the armours - you name it. In many ways getting the epic gear should be as taking on MM - you should go into battle prepared - raising resistance against fire/acid/water, choosing specific weapons for combat (for example stunning weapons to stop npc from casting harmful spells) etc.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 03 Jan 2015 16:22

Manglor wrote:How about allowing guilds to switch to different weapons? We've discussed this before, but wouldn't that help combat the problem? Gladiators, in the historical sense of the word, were adept with most weapon types, for example. Why not allow the choice for all guilds, for that matter?

Also armies tended to have a mix of weapons from the time-era so to speak

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 03 Jan 2015 16:46

Draugor wrote:
Manglor wrote:How about allowing guilds to switch to different weapons? We've discussed this before, but wouldn't that help combat the problem? Gladiators, in the historical sense of the word, were adept with most weapon types, for example. Why not allow the choice for all guilds, for that matter?

Also armies tended to have a mix of weapons from the time-era so to speak
You can always join Mercenaries if you want to be able to change weapon skills.
I like the rarity idea, instead of the NPC spawning with the good item until the limit is reached, they could instead have a small chance for the item each respawn no matter how many items are in the game.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 03 Jan 2015 17:29

Einar wrote:Gorboth, could you please elaborate what you need a list of items for and what you going to do it with once received? I refuse to put single item on this list if you going to mess only with chance to drop certain items - from my point of view it will change as much as I'll have to kill npc 1000 times instead of 200. NPCs who possess such rare items should be hard to kill - the good example is a orc captain in Emerald - you just don't walk in, kill it and walk away (well, the most people do not), or this guy in Kabal wielding the whip. Reward should be equal to the risk you take and if you risk nothing you should not be rewarded at all.
I guess you havent seen a mage or a SCoP kill him:)

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 03 Jan 2015 18:57

Chanele wrote:
Orc Captain in Emerald is someone who should have a few surprises up his sleeve, like using a weapon and have unarmed off. Adapt to his opponent and of course make fighting him a one chance deal. Not just the thing he do today but you shouldn't dare to face him again, and he completely reset after each puny one fleeing so next time he is fresh and ready to face a new opponent.
Problem making NPC's way hard eventually leads to people stop killing them or just one or two persons in game is able to drop them. Nazgul's have been modified to be unkillable but considering the amount of blades available there is at least a few that kill them.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 03 Jan 2015 22:35

OgreToyBoy wrote:
Chanele wrote:
Orc Captain in Emerald is someone who should have a few surprises up his sleeve, like using a weapon and have unarmed off. Adapt to his opponent and of course make fighting him a one chance deal. Not just the thing he do today but you shouldn't dare to face him again, and he completely reset after each puny one fleeing so next time he is fresh and ready to face a new opponent.
Problem making NPC's way hard eventually leads to people stop killing them or just one or two persons in game is able to drop them. Nazgul's have been modified to be unkillable but considering the amount of blades available there is at least a few that kill them.
Mebbe you shouldnt be able to just jump of the ledge and leave ;)

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 04 Jan 2015 01:02

Or the game could rid themselves of the archaic idea that running around for hours not being able to find gear is a good idea. It makes no sense to try to attract people by telling them, "Yes we have nice items to use, but unless you play many, many hours you won't be able to find them." There are plenty of other games one can play where loot hunting is actually a fun concept because the drop rates not a hindrance to the playerbase.

Remove the item restriction.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 04 Jan 2015 01:13

Mersereau wrote:Or the game could rid themselves of the archaic idea that running around for hours not being able to find gear is a good idea. It makes no sense to try to attract people by telling them, "Yes we have nice items to use, but unless you play many, many hours you won't be able to find them." There are plenty of other games one can play where loot hunting is actually a fun concept because the drop rates not a hindrance to the playerbase.

Remove the item restriction.
If we're making shit unlimited we'd really have to beef them up, otherwise we'll have everyone wielding and wearing the same shit

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/