View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 17 Jun 2019 20:06

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
Hoarding 
Author Message
Great Adventurer

Joined: 12 Mar 2010 23:53
Posts: 188
OgreToyBoy wrote:
...like having hoopaks in gladiator chest or axes in BDA racks...


This is the part that irritates me most. However, I am not sure decay would be the best solution. All you get then is people taking a few minutes to wield/wear everything in the racks every so often. Yes, that wouldn't help with a few items, but it would with the majority.


01 Jan 2015 17:33
Profile
You don't have to make mobs harder to make it harder to get a "uber" item, just make it less chance to get it. Lets consider the silva shield, I don't know how many there can be or even if it is limited but I think a max of three shields at any given time sounds ok BUT that don't mean that there have to be three shields or even one shield around. Make it so that it is a 2% chance to find the shield and the rest of the 98% you get a light tower shield. So as an average you will have to look for it 50 times to find it meaning you have to be damn lucky. Do the same thing with the rest of the elite artifacts, all of them. Change the chance depending on how rare you want the item but make them really rare.

This should mean that most armas all of the silva shields would not have been found, some armas none and others all three of them.

If all the rare/uber items would be made so much rarer you will see more people using the average towards good items more. And with rare I would count anything above a scale, tempered shield, unholy halberd, dull grey sabre, BSA etc. You should feel lucky if you get your hands on a JBS or abbasi, not feel that it have to be your standard weapon.

Also I think it would be a nice touch if all the really elite items had some drawback/weakness and not just how heavy they are, make people consider the pros and cons with these items.
You want to wear the Midnight black platemail you will loose 1/3 of you speed, you want to wear this super cool helmet would protect you from an ogres hammer say goodbye to your awareness, the gigantic steel broadsword is a great sword but look how tired you get ALL THE TIME, you get the idea.

tl;dr make elite items drop chance ridiculous small and give the best items noticeable drawbacks


Last edited by Arcon on 01 Jan 2015 18:21, edited 2 times in total.



01 Jan 2015 17:47
Champion
User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2010 11:36
Posts: 609
Nice ideas Arcon, like the specific drawback etc, rare drops is also nice. That way you will perhaps think twice before camping an item blocking all other players access :)

Of course ogre gear should remain the same, perhaps even make them better yes.


01 Jan 2015 17:55
Profile
OgreToyBoy wrote:
Nice ideas Arcon, like the specific drawback etc, rare drops is also nice. That way you will perhaps think twice before camping an item blocking all other players access :)

Of course ogre gear should remain the same, perhaps even make them better yes.


Ogres hammer drawback change your str with your int.... :twisted:


01 Jan 2015 17:59
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1698
Einar wrote:
Decay of not used items is in my opinion not the best idea - I do not hoard the armours and weapons but it is nice to have some in the rack for replacement when the used one breaks. In my opinion the last thing we need is more super-equipment as adding new better items just make old one less and less useful. Most of the items should be downgraded, some stay as they are now, and some made much harder to obtain. Enchanted items should be not for everyone, just for few lucky ones.



Make shit harder to get I agree on, but we dont need MORE stuff. My post is about for example.. Sword guilds hoarding axes and polearms, its just a dick move imo


01 Jan 2015 19:24
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2010 20:51
Posts: 2281
Location: Some old coffin
arcon wrote:
You don't have to make mobs harder to make it harder to get a "uber" item, just make it less chance to get it. Lets consider the silva shield, I don't know how many there can be or even if it is limited but I think a max of three shields at any given time sounds ok BUT that don't mean that there have to be three shields or even one shield around. Make it so that it is a 2% chance to find the shield and the rest of the 98% you get a light tower shield. So as an average you will have to look for it 50 times to find it meaning you have to be damn lucky. Do the same thing with the rest of the elite artifacts, all of them. Change the chance depending on how rare you want the item but make them really rare.

This should mean that most armas all of the silva shields would not have been found, some armas none and others all three of them.

If all the rare/uber items would be made so much rarer you will see more people using the average towards good items more. And with rare I would count anything above a scale, tempered shield, unholy halberd, dull grey sabre, BSA etc. You should feel lucky if you get your hands on a JBS or abbasi, not feel that it have to be your standard weapon.

Also I think it would be a nice touch if all the really elite items had some drawback/weakness and not just how heavy they are, make people consider the pros and cons with these items.
You want to wear the Midnight black platemail you will loose 1/3 of you speed, you want to wear this super cool helmet would protect you from an ogres hammer say goodbye to your awareness, the gigantic steel broadsword is a great sword but look how tired you get ALL THE TIME, you get the idea.

tl;dr make elite items drop chance ridiculous small and give the best items noticeable drawbacks


It would be useful to have a player-generated list of items that would be good to have on such a list of items to make "rare".

G.

_________________
Mmmmmm ... pie ...


03 Jan 2015 06:18
Profile
Veteran

Joined: 21 Jun 2010 15:47
Posts: 205
arcon wrote:
You should feel lucky if you get your hands on a JBS

Objection! It's needed for quest. Nowadays it's harder then in old times to get it, bet quest reward, i think, is the same.


03 Jan 2015 12:21
Profile
Apprentice

Joined: 29 Mar 2012 13:44
Posts: 41
Gorboth, could you please elaborate what you need a list of items for and what you going to do it with once received? I refuse to put single item on this list if you going to mess only with chance to drop certain items - from my point of view it will change as much as I'll have to kill npc 1000 times instead of 200. NPCs who possess such rare items should be hard to kill - the good example is a orc captain in Emerald - you just don't walk in, kill it and walk away (well, the most people do not), or this guy in Kabal wielding the whip. Reward should be equal to the risk you take and if you risk nothing you should not be rewarded at all.


03 Jan 2015 14:34
Profile
Davvol wrote:
arcon wrote:
You should feel lucky if you get your hands on a JBS

Objection! It's needed for quest. Nowadays it's harder then in old times to get it, bet quest reward, i think, is the same.


So are the runies.


03 Jan 2015 15:24
Wanderer

Joined: 20 Apr 2010 18:54
Posts: 59
arcon wrote:
Davvol wrote:
arcon wrote:
You should feel lucky if you get your hands on a JBS

Objection! It's needed for quest. Nowadays it's harder then in old times to get it, bet quest reward, i think, is the same.


So are the runies.


Supposedly, normal falchions are sufficient for the quest, as Lilith wrote.


03 Jan 2015 15:32
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.