View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 25 Jun 2019 07:19

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
Hoarding 
Author Message
Titan
User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2010 01:05
Posts: 544
Draugor wrote:
Mersereau wrote:
Or the game could rid themselves of the archaic idea that running around for hours not being able to find gear is a good idea. It makes no sense to try to attract people by telling them, "Yes we have nice items to use, but unless you play many, many hours you won't be able to find them." There are plenty of other games one can play where loot hunting is actually a fun concept because the drop rates not a hindrance to the playerbase.

Remove the item restriction.


If we're making shit unlimited we'd really have to beef them up, otherwise we'll have everyone wielding and wearing the same shit


Games should be fun, right? Not a chore.

_________________
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks


04 Jan 2015 01:29
Profile YIM
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1702
Then why not just make a vendor machine in every guild where they can order shit and then just go out and grind? :P FBB? 100 plats, Midnight plate 100 plats etc, ready to rock! :P


04 Jan 2015 01:55
Profile
Titan
User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2010 01:05
Posts: 544
Playerfighting might be more balanced that way.

_________________
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks


04 Jan 2015 02:50
Profile YIM
Expert

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 05:37
Posts: 286
Location: Winterpeg
With the inception of imbuements there exists a way to differentiate between items/power through augmentation.

Why not allow this to be the way in which things differ.


04 Jan 2015 05:33
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1702
Windemere wrote:
With the inception of imbuements there exists a way to differentiate between items/power through augmentation.

Why not allow this to be the way in which things differ.



Because some weapons are so insanely unbalanced that its silly :P

Should make NPCs with uber stuff harder to kill, if you cant kill those NPCs... dont use that gear or get a friend


04 Jan 2015 07:20
Profile
Draugor wrote:
Windemere wrote:
With the inception of imbuements there exists a way to differentiate between items/power through augmentation.

Why not allow this to be the way in which things differ.



Because some weapons are so insanely unbalanced that its silly :P

Should make NPCs with uber stuff harder to kill, if you cant kill those NPCs... dont use that gear or get a friend



As I said before, that just makes the difference between players even bigger.

And Merserau, you assume that it is only fun if you have great gear and that without it the game is a chore. What I was suggesting was that we lower the standard of what is great gear, a kestrel marked longsword should be considered a great sword while a abbasi a treasure to be valued and seen as winning the lottery. Using the elite items should be rare and feel special.

Quest items should be changed, the gem from the JBS could be given to all the weapons Gorgun wields or have him always wield the JBS and lower its quality.


04 Jan 2015 10:59
I do think that some more preparation should be needed for enemies that can have special items, for example, the orc captain in Emerald you should have to build a ladder with some half-rotten wood found there and at least one other person to hold the ladder when you climb up, that same ladder would then break when you climb down making you have to wait/look for new wood. Or at the yeti you need someone to hold a rope for you to be able to leave. This forces even the biggest myths to team to kill these enemies.

A lot of other things could be made as well, Gorgun shouts for help from all the other orcs in the camp etc. Also there should be bigger risk of death even for myths.


04 Jan 2015 22:01
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1702
arcon wrote:
I do think that some more preparation should be needed for enemies that can have special items, for example, the orc captain in Emerald you should have to build a ladder with some half-rotten wood found there and at least one other person to hold the ladder when you climb up, that same ladder would then break when you climb down making you have to wait/look for new wood. Or at the yeti you need someone to hold a rope for you to be able to leave. This forces even the biggest myths to team to kill these enemies.

A lot of other things could be made as well, Gorgun shouts for help from all the other orcs in the camp etc. Also there should be bigger risk of death even for myths.



Fist of all, I know legends that solo the Yeti, huge myths even easier. The deathrisk is small since most of the mobs holding stuff are sissies, gorgun is a damn wimp, Loran? Wimp, shadowelves? Well the weapon stealing is annoying but still, sissies


04 Jan 2015 23:27
Profile
Adventurer

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 11:55
Posts: 83
I mostly like the idea of "elite" gear being more rare, the amount of really good gear is kinda going out of control, especially when imbues comes into play, making all regular gear feel like Im fighting with wooden sticks.
I guess the long armas kinda help aswell... :roll:

Making things harder to kill will only benefit the myths++ as I see it..


06 Jan 2015 12:41
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1702
tharandil wrote:
I mostly like the idea of "elite" gear being more rare, the amount of really good gear is kinda going out of control, especially when imbues comes into play, making all regular gear feel like Im fighting with wooden sticks.
I guess the long armas kinda help aswell... :roll:

Making things harder to kill will only benefit the myths++ as I see it..



Then make a team and take the mob down :P Or make smith stuff alot better so that people might be content with that, place imbuements inside forgestuff from stones, mine different types of ores for making stuff


06 Jan 2015 12:52
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.