Dual Wielding, Two Handed Combat, and Large Weapons

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Shanoga
Wizard

Dual Wielding, Two Handed Combat, and Large Weapons

Post by Shanoga » 03 May 2015 17:15

I have never been one to get very deeply into some of the technical aspects of Genesis, largely because the design leans away from number crunching to find values for damage and item strength. However, I have recently been trying to figure out which would be the most beneficial combo for my hands.

Background: Veteran-level Mercenary and Thornlin Militia. Because of the militia, polearms are used exclusively.
For the sake of discussion, we'll say the best polearms I can consistently get (as far as I can tell) are made by Bubba.
If I have Polearm, Defence, Parry at Superior Guru, which would be the better combination for damage output?
One long polearm, wielded in both hands or two short polearms wielded in both hands? (Two-Handed Combat would be Superior Guru as well)

Alternatively, what would be my advantage of using a two-handed long polearm over using one short polearm and a shield?

These are the types of questions I just don't know how to answer on my own without a large number of enemies to test farming against for hours on end so I can try to figure out sustainability, timing, etc. Is there another way to check these things?

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Re: Dual Wielding, Two Handed Combat, and Large Weapons

Post by OgreToyBoy » 03 May 2015 17:57

Not many good onehanded polearms, but maybe 2 mauls would be good.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 03 May 2015 19:36

Shanoga wrote:I have never been one to get very deeply into some of the technical aspects of Genesis, largely because the design leans away from number crunching to find values for damage and item strength. However, I have recently been trying to figure out which would be the most beneficial combo for my hands.

Background: Veteran-level Mercenary and Thornlin Militia. Because of the militia, polearms are used exclusively.
For the sake of discussion, we'll say the best polearms I can consistently get (as far as I can tell) are made by Bubba.
If I have Polearm, Defence, Parry at Superior Guru, which would be the better combination for damage output?
One long polearm, wielded in both hands or two short polearms wielded in both hands? (Two-Handed Combat would be Superior Guru as well)

Alternatively, what would be my advantage of using a two-handed long polearm over using one short polearm and a shield?

These are the types of questions I just don't know how to answer on my own without a large number of enemies to test farming against for hours on end so I can try to figure out sustainability, timing, etc. Is there another way to check these things?

Tempered spear, Complex medicine stick, shimmering multi-coloured spear and with the right str Giant black maul :o Medicine stick is really nice and the spear is very nice if you're evil, tempered spear is totally usefull. They are a bitch to get if you're small, alltho people are usually willing to help atleast with tempered spears since they drop by the hundreds from the black dragon that people farm for the other two items, you could prolly go to mithas and find his cave, most of the time there are a few 1-10 spears just laying around outside :o

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 03 May 2015 19:46

Corrupted mithril halberd with a good gem in it.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 03 May 2015 20:27

Laurel wrote:Corrupted mithril halberd with a good gem in it.

Aaaah yea, thats one handed aswell, always forget about it

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 03 May 2015 23:25

If you are talking pure damage a two-handed weapon is always the best choice. Two handed combat, using two weapons can not compete.

I think a good solution to make it more viable is increased speed when using two weapons with high skill in two handed combat.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 03 May 2015 23:38

Chanele wrote:If you are talking pure damage a two-handed weapon is always the best choice. Two handed combat, using two weapons can not compete.

I think a good solution to make it more viable is increased speed when using two weapons with high skill in two handed combat.
I second that. SU, BDA and Calia are barely playable as it is already!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 04 May 2015 05:49

Laurel wrote:
Chanele wrote:If you are talking pure damage a two-handed weapon is always the best choice. Two handed combat, using two weapons can not compete.

I second that. SU, BDA and Calia are barely playable as it is already!

Yea! They are clearly the games most underpowered guilds :P

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 05 May 2015 00:42

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. I appreciate it.

Zackreacher1278
Novice

Post by Zackreacher1278 » 07 Sep 2016 03:10

So uh, what's the point of dual wielding. It doesn't seem to give any benefit, or at least no a visible one.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/