enchanting something?

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Yensy
Beginner

enchanting something?

Post by Yensy » 19 Jul 2015 01:25

I was wondering could someone use the enchanters forge in the orc fortress to enchant things like a sword using the method that we learned from the tome and from enchanting the dagger

Draugor
Myth

Re: enchanting something?

Post by Draugor » 19 Jul 2015 08:36

Yensy wrote:I was wondering could someone use the enchanters forge in the orc fortress to enchant things like a sword using the method that we learned from the tome and from enchanting the dagger

Once you're done with the quests there you can go to the enchanter in Sparkle and go down from there, you can use stones to enchant weapons and armours there :)

Yensy
Beginner

Post by Yensy » 19 Jul 2015 11:13

yeah no i was thinking like enchant something without having to find something that was already enchanted to make enchanted things using the tears and instead of a nullstone dagger you could put your best sword or your armour but since you have to be below a certain amount of power it would let newbies get some decent enchants for some basic equipment with some work since you have to kill the jailer to get the keys then use the flute then get 8 tears from the cells requiring you to kill all the orcs in front of the cells to get in then you can enchant something for a while the enchants should not be very powerful or permanent just a little booster to help newbies have decent things until they're good enough to get decent equipment themselves it would help newbies learn to try and get equipment that's stronger to help them grow and because if you are too strong for the orc fortress you have to wear the amulet of weakness it could be used by older players to help there already decent stuff to be great and let them learn about enchants because enchants are currently 2 things one is hard to get because you have to go kill things that have them and 2 hard to keep because most equipment is not saved so you have to find a place to stash your stuff or put it in a rack a pray it's there when you get back this way you could get some nice enchants on your stuff and if you lose it you can get it back also it should not be disenchantable because most of the effects should not be permanent the only effects that should be permanent are if your ridiculously lucky and it should not be a specific enchant just a very low chance for any enchant that way everyone except karkadelt wins newbies get better stuff older people get to be able to recover there amazing thing that someone took and people get and learn more about enchants

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2015 13:25

Naa

Imbued items are totally random so they drop for newbies aswell as higher players, imo there should be some cheap enchants at him for newbies, theese enchants would go away after rising hero or so in size but up untill then it would be very helpfull for newbies

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 25 Jul 2015 13:10

mostly i just stick imbues in
my lapidarium... or sell the unusual weapons
its just not worth it to me to drop that mich money on something that will be lost in an armageddon or less.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 27 Jul 2015 00:10

Snowrose wrote:mostly i just stick imbues in
my lapidarium... or sell the unusual weapons
its just not worth it to me to drop that mich money on something that will be lost in an armageddon or less.
Aye, the prices to get an item imbued is insane, mebbe make is lvl dependant when it comes to the price and make the imbue null if someone bigger wields?

Yensy
Beginner

Post by Yensy » 27 Jul 2015 02:11

what i was thinking was to allow people to make imbued items that until they couldn't disenchant but could transmogrify and make into better enchants but were nullified after about a week or so.So for a bit they could get a enchant on equipment that is actually decent for their level not just on some trash that was useless for them it would help and the time limit on how long it lasts would increase if you upgrade the enchant with transmogrify it to be better but it would never last more than 2 weeks on anything and they could not sell or auction the item that way the item stays ok for the individual while not hurting someone else that bought it and loses it after a day or two that makes the item decent for a person of any level and the week or 2 limit on how long it lasts stops them from just farming glittering stones because they fade over time and lose a level every 3-4 days that way it makes farming them useless because each stone weakens at a decent rate but normal enchants would stay the same because for them they stay and can't be combined with stones made from temporary enchants making normal enchants better but giving people with bad luck or who just can't find any a way to get enchants on there stuff and it makes them work for a good enchant it's not just luck the only enchants that this method should give are the weakest of enchants and also taking a bit of time before one person could do it again that way stopping people from enchanting trash to transmogrify making this a slow but worthwhile endeavor and it gives a person a good way of making the equipment they got go from good to great while not making it overpowered

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 27 Jul 2015 08:21

A cheaper imbue with a time-limit seems like a good idea to mee. Good for those just playing the weekend, or those wanting a boost before they find that special item.
I do not think it should be transmogrifyable, but disenchant would be ok with me.

Another way to boost would be to transfer imbues between items.
Many ways can be made here, and rules of how and what.
I suggest this.
Two items with same imbuement can be melded in the device, where you choose which item is added by the other.
So melding a dragonscale with faint edge with a sharp knife with faint edge gives you a dragonscale with pronounced edge.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 27 Jul 2015 09:51

Think imbues work great as is.
No reason to make it easier to get even better geared.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 27 Jul 2015 13:49

OgreToyBoy wrote:Think imbues work great as is.
No reason to make it easier to get even better geared.
I agree for those of us that play regularly.

I do believe its a lot worse for others, but then again... If you spend lots of time, should'nt it be okay you gain an advantage?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/