Newbie Guidelines for Imbuements

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Gronkas
Beginner

Newbie Guidelines for Imbuements

Post by Gronkas » 12 Jun 2016 14:55

Seeing as to up to now I could solve every quest and every fight without much magic, much less a piece of enchanted equipment I have wondered at what point in the game this might swing.
While the Orc Fortress campaign gives a good insight in the mechanics related to transmogrifying etc. no newbie guide I have seen tells the aspiring adventurer what better options there are than to disenchant imbued items and invest the 5 platinum in a solid education, i.e. maxing skills.

Very early while grinding the orcs near Sarnford I consecutively stumbled upon three unusual dented knives, scimitars. Finding out the mechanics of the auction tent I auctioned them off with a sizable profit, boosting my early mercenary career in terms of skills. At this time the auction tent was fairly empty.
Sometime in between my luck finding items seemed to peak: another three unusual and one peculiar armour / weapon. Meanwhile the auction tent was flooded and try as I might I could not get a single person to bid on my items.

And why should they? If I understand correctly all they could do short of equipping the items is to transmogrify them into Nullstones, each of which cost 25 platinum. As a newbie this is still a lot of money - approximately raiding Sarnford four times over. I really would like to understand if keeping imbuements is wort it in the long run, given that enchanted items also disappear after some sessions. Will I later regret having disenchanted all items for quick platinum coins? Will the market in the auction tent ever go back to normal or will it keep being saturated?

Your opinions highly appreciated.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Newbie Guidelines for Imbuements

Post by Cherek » 12 Jun 2016 15:27

There's 17 items up for bid in the auction house right now. I'd say this is normal.

I think the reason nobody bid on your imbuements is that you tried to sell something that has little value for people. For example, a strong strength imbuement has a value of several hundred platinum on the auction, and you will no doubt sell it quickly for lots of money, while an lowly earth magic imbue has little use for most players and will most likely remain unsold. The value depends on the type of enchantment, and the strength. So for the less useful enchantments you're probably better off just taking the 5 plats from Karkadelt, but others are way more valuable on the auction.

Learning which are valuable and which are not is of course something that needs some experience, and trial and error, and of course talking to others about it.

Someone put up a very useful guide on imbuements here, hopefully that can be of help to you:

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~tomca/genesi ... ements.txt

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 12 Aug 2016 09:13

It seems this link doesnt work anymore. Pity because i used it often. Is there something else like this somewhere?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 12 Aug 2016 14:43

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/