NPC and Player smithing.

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alteor
Adept

NPC and Player smithing.

Post by Alteor » 07 Dec 2017 22:40

So... I loved all stores that sell custom stuff.

Also I am a smith...

But is my impression, or NPC smithing is "good", not excellent, and Player smithing is outright mediocre at best?

Using a rating from 0 to 5...

Webcloth is rated 5 (just for reference).

Armours I bought so far from NPCs, if metal ones, tend to weight on the chest part around 7kg and have rating 2.8

Leather Armour from palanthas, is beautiful, has emotes, weights 2kg, and rating 2.

Platemail from smiths seemly tops at rating 3, and as you get more experienced, it just gets heavier, to the point you can end with a 13kg platemail that gives rating 3 of protection, it is for newbies at least, useless. Leather armour is waaaay better.

-----

for weapons: Palanthas has that one-handed weapon smith that make weapons rated aroudn 3. Tyr two handed weapons is aroudn 3.5 (but heavy) Player smithed weapon around 3.5 one (but not so heavy).

meanwhile weapons you can find, like draconic claymore, falchions, etc... easily surpass these smited weapons.

-----

So, Palanthas smith and leather armourer is awesome for newbies, due to reasonable stats whiel light weight... all other smiths, including player ones, to me look useless.

I am wrong in that?

Also any way to get beautiful custom metal armour? For RP reasons?

Shanoga
Wizard

Re: NPC and Player smithing.

Post by Shanoga » 08 Dec 2017 07:59

Have you kept track of how many items you have smithed? I have been keeping a fairly accurate count and I think I am over 5000 in some items, and they are still getting better. Old Man Avie was over 10,000 of the main items that he crafted and his smith appraise had him at or above the level of Bubba in Gelan. If you are not maxed on title and necklace, the smith items are far from maxed.

That being said, it takes FOREVER to get there and is not worth the time for just about anyone. From a roleplay perspective, it's hard to justify the amount of time it takes to accomplish this level of dedication to the craft. I'd have to calculate again, but for quarterstaves, even with the bellows pumping, it's about 45 seconds, IIRC. To get to 10k or more crafted, that is 125 hours of constant smithing of just quarterstaves and nothing else. Not really worth the time investment for most people since in that time you could acquire MUCH more quest xp, combat xp, mortal levels, equipment, etc.

I have spent tons of time in the forges. And there is a small sense of satisfaction that comes from making really good stuff, but I'm nowhere near being to that level yet...

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 08 Dec 2017 08:43

I think Rhynox reached his goal of forging 100k of each item. Not sure if they were any better though.

Alteor
Adept

Post by Alteor » 08 Dec 2017 17:14

Smith guild XP affect item quality?

That would explain why I think I maxed out (I stopped earning guild XP for most part, after I started to focus on RP instead of grinding wildly)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 09 Dec 2017 08:42

THe problem is that the skills in smiths aint high enough to get accurate readings, the stuff should deffo get a boost and rare materials should be obtainable for crafting top tier shit for mythical smiths and such.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/