client confusion between containers

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Drazson
Titan

client confusion between containers

Post by Drazson » 21 Jan 2018 05:17

While wearing a belt of pouches and a soft leather backpack, <exa pack> and <exa worn pack> actually examine the belt of pouches. Any ideas why?

Draugor
Myth

Re: client confusion between containers

Post by Draugor » 21 Jan 2018 06:02

Drazson wrote:While wearing a belt of pouches and a soft leather backpack, <exa pack> and <exa worn pack> actually examine the belt of pouches. Any ideas why?
Cause they both count as packs

Try <exa second pack> Or just get scrips from Sybarus and name them "Gear" or "Loot" and then <exa gear>, <exa loot>

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 21 Jan 2018 06:29

I have <nick p worn backpack> and <nick b worn belt> and fixed my aliases/triggers accordingly, it just was... uncomfortable. Recently changed to the belt. Oh well!

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 21 Jan 2018 07:10

If you want the pack to be first (aka the default) just drop your pack and pick it up again. It may have changed because of the order in which it was recovered on login. Whichever one has entered your inventory last ( OST recently) will be the one that is your "pack."

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 21 Jan 2018 07:12

Shanoga wrote:If you want the pack to be first (aka the default) just drop your pack and pick it up again. It may have changed because of the order in which it was recovered on login. Whichever one has entered your inventory last ( OST recently) will be the one that is your "pack."
Oh indeed I can do that. Already getting used to the p/b/po formation though. Can't login recovery mess that up though? Will have to drop and get pack each time I guess.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 22 Jan 2018 20:33

Refer to your backpack as backpack and give a different label to your belt of pouches. For instance, mine is pbelt. So if I want to examine my worn backpack I have to <exa backpack> then if I want to examine my belt of pouches I <exa pbelt>

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 22 Jan 2018 20:40

It gets much better when there's a pack lying on the ground, guess where all your items will go when you try to put them in pack.
Therefor, a very simple and easy thing to do is buy multiple packs on bazaar and label them, then always use label name instead of "pack" or "pouch".

put swords in mallorwep
put platemail in mallorarm

etc

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 22 Jan 2018 21:10

mallor wrote:It gets much better when there's a pack lying on the ground, guess where all your items will go when you try to put them in pack.
Therefor, a very simple and easy thing to do is buy multiple packs on bazaar and label them, then always use label name instead of "pack" or "pouch".

put swords in mallorwep

etc
To avoid that, since I don't have an Avenir pack and thus no labels, I use "worn backpack" in aliases triggers.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 23 Jan 2018 11:19

Drazson wrote:
mallor wrote:It gets much better when there's a pack lying on the ground, guess where all your items will go when you try to put them in pack.

put swords in mallorwep

etc
To avoid that, since I don't have an Avenir pack and thus no labels, I use "worn backpack" in aliases triggers.

I couldjust show you where those packs are at a later time, work atm, but if you're awake later, they are stupidly practical.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/