Imbuements and balance

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2998
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Imbuements and balance

Post by Cherek » 10 Nov 2018 13:03

Draugor: Yes they have done nothing wrong at all, just playing they game in the best way possible. Still, if we keep things as they are, in a couple of years racks and EQ-hunting will probably more or less be removed from the game, as by then all serious players most likely have glittering ironstones on their favorite equipment and there is no need to ever hunt for new stuff. I am not sure how the rest of you feel about that prospect, but I am not sure it makes the game more fun?

I too realize people have put a lot of effort into getting their ironstones and imbuing their favorite stuff, but as Gorboth did point out in his original note, the ever-saving EQ is a test and he did say quite clearly that further tweaks are very likely, as we learn of drawbacks and issues.

I would hope those who are spending their best imbuement stones are aware that this change has not yet been finalized, and that it is a little bit of a gamble to spend their best imbuement stones during the testing-phase of a new system? And like Shanoga said, even if things are tweaked making the value of the ironstones less, those who used them has already gotten a lot more from them then they ever would under the old system, where the absolute maximum was 3-4 weeks of time with your favorite piece of equipment. So it's still a win for them.

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1786
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Imbuements and balance

Post by Draugor » 10 Nov 2018 17:59

Oh aye, the current always saving system deffo has issues :P But if you all of a sudden makes people that have made thise kinda gear loose it (its expensive as heeeeeeeeell) you will have a riot :P

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2998
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Imbuements and balance

Post by Cherek » 10 Nov 2018 18:39

Draugor wrote:Oh aye, the current always saving system deffo has issues :P But if you all of a sudden makes people that have made thise kinda gear loose it (its expensive as heeeeeeeeell) you will have a riot :P
Normally I would agree, but in this case it was clearly communicated as a test and that tweaks were likely down the road. I am thinking those who have made heavy investments have done so to reap the benefits now, and most likely do not expect it will last forever? But it would be nice to hear from said players, we're both kinda guessing now. :)

Daerin
Apprentice
Posts: 25
Joined: 04 Aug 2018 17:32

Re: Imbuements and balance

Post by Daerin » 10 Nov 2018 22:36

And there were talk from the beginning of making so no none-dulling weapons would save. I thought it was already like that now.

User avatar
gold bezie
Expert
Posts: 262
Joined: 16 Mar 2015 19:29

Re: Imbuements and balance

Post by gold bezie » 11 Nov 2018 00:00

I dont think there will be a riot at all Draugor..
i mean common we all know how it is now it s just silly.

I personally dont like the changes the wizards made to keep the new ones, i understand their reasons, i really do. But i liked the idea of hunting for gear and how the system works with guilds and racks and arma's.
But they changed it so the young ones would stay and i get that.
But to keep the unbreakable weapons unbreakable is just insane...

I dont like how this it will make it easier to get the really good gear. I dont like it when games are made too easy...

But i do like it when there is a bit of balance and that is why i brought up the subject
How the imbuements work right now is not fair for the monks.
And we need some changes to balance it more...

I would suggest make weapons not dulling anymore, just like with armours.. and make fireslay useable for monks as it is for every other guild.
Daerin was right, we can use fireslay on our fist spikes or gloves, but even then its not as effective as it is on a weapon...
The monks have idea's about this, just to keep it balanced not to make us overpowered...
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

User avatar
Shanoga
Wizard
Posts: 186
Joined: 03 Mar 2014 13:03
Location: US West

Re: Imbuements and balance

Post by Shanoga » 11 Nov 2018 02:48

Monks get to attack with two hands AND two feet. That's four attacks. Most weapon users only use 1 (two-handed) weapon. My understanding of fire-slay is that the damage of the imbue is independent of the weapon's damage. That leads me to think that monk hand spikes/claws/gloves that go on both hands would actually provide MORE benefits than a 2-handed weapon, with durability being the advantage of the weapon.

Of course, this could be wrong. I haven't looked into any of these details as a wizard, so this is just player knowledge/assumptions.

I want monks buffed as much as the next guy seeing as my main mortal is a monk - but more importantly I want balance.

Dorrien
Adventurer
Posts: 88
Joined: 22 Dec 2010 10:43

Re: Imbuements and balance

Post by Dorrien » 11 Nov 2018 04:57

We were all once new players and something kept us around. I seriously doubt any game retains EVERY player that tries it out. I fully understand making changes to try to retain newer players but let us not neglect the long-standing current ones. There was a Ranger recode that was HEAVILY anticipated that got thrown in the goddamn trash the moment the PC Gamer article came about... This game has already attracted a consistent player-base that has remained for years and the focus goes to players that do not yet exist...

User avatar
Arman
Wizard
Posts: 615
Joined: 22 Sep 2014 13:15

Re: Imbuements and balance

Post by Arman » 11 Nov 2018 09:37

Dorrien wrote:We were all once new players and something kept us around. I seriously doubt any game retains EVERY player that tries it out. I fully understand making changes to try to retain newer players but let us not neglect the long-standing current ones. There was a Ranger recode that was HEAVILY anticipated that got thrown in the goddamn trash the moment the PC Gamer article came about... This game has already attracted a consistent player-base that has remained for years and the focus goes to players that do not yet exist...
The ranger recode hasn't been thrown in the trash?

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1786
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Imbuements and balance

Post by Draugor » 11 Nov 2018 10:49

Arman wrote:
Dorrien wrote:We were all once new players and something kept us around. I seriously doubt any game retains EVERY player that tries it out. I fully understand making changes to try to retain newer players but let us not neglect the long-standing current ones. There was a Ranger recode that was HEAVILY anticipated that got thrown in the goddamn trash the moment the PC Gamer article came about... This game has already attracted a consistent player-base that has remained for years and the focus goes to players that do not yet exist...
The ranger recode hasn't been thrown in the trash?
Kinda think the issue is wizards having lives and prolly alot to do so rangers might not be a prio at this second :P

Chanele
Titan
Posts: 519
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 12:39

Re: Imbuements and balance

Post by Chanele » 11 Nov 2018 10:50

I have waited for years Arman.

During this time recode has been promised and even announced just to get thrown in the trash again. Due to lack of information or any communication I returned my cloak last night.

The urge to play has returned and the few hours i have these Days can be spent better than waiting for a single opponent to die.

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/