time to evaluate the perma-everything change?

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

What should be done about the current state of affairs, in which everything saves until it breaks?

Keep it just as it is - perfect.
53%
Go back to the way things used to be.
22%
Find some kind of middle ground.
25%

Total votes: 51

Okotok
Wanderer

Re: time to evaluate the perma-everything change?

Post by Okotok » 01 Dec 2018 08:28

With the new perma-save feature I find myself playing so much more than before. Before the update I didn't play as consistently simply because it was inconvenient. But now, I can just pick up where I left off and launch into my daily routine. This new feature has really enriched by experience with the game, and I'd be disappointed to see it go.

The personal locker idea is appealing, however.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 01 Dec 2018 16:43

Lockers proposal.

Make ever-lasting go away. The number of player has not increased sufficiently to justify this change.

Instead create "lockers"/"glowers" available for every player... but not from beginning and not for free.

The "locker" could be a pocket in other dimension. The marked item would be safely stored (glow) in it when you are away from the game. The item could be lost: sold, stolen or taken from your corpse while in the game. Then you could mark another item.

Acquiring the locker would require a quest to complete and some serious cash.

There would be levels of capacity:
1. one item
requirements:
1.1. complete a specific simple quest in Sparkle - or just reach a certain number of quests/quest points done.
1.2. pay some significant amount of plats and gems (1 thousand pc)
1.3. mortal size of apprentice

2. two items
1.1. complete a specific quest in some more remote area - or just reach a certain number quests/quest points done.
1.2. pay some serious amount of plats and gems (50 thousands pc)
1.3. mortal size of hero

3. three items (max?)
1.1. complete a complicated quest somewhere - or just reach a certain number of quests/quest points done
1.2. pay large amount of plats and gems (500 thousands pc)
1.3. mortal size of myth

This system would provide incentives to:
1. do quests
2. get money
3. grow in mortal size
4. team for equipment hunts as glowers would be limited in number
5. use guild racks
6. kill other players to get their marked items

Problems:
Alts created only to keep marked items in lockers for a main character.

The newbies would have it as hard as before the saving change - no items saving but players who would invest more in game, could come back and keep possession of the few savers, so it would be easier to return after hiatus.

The outcome would be that after some time every myth would posses three items with intense imbues. So there would be some kind of restrain that is lacking now.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 01 Dec 2018 17:34

Syrk wrote:Lockers proposal.

Make ever-lasting go away. The number of player has not increased sufficiently to justify this change.

Instead create "lockers"/"glowers" available for every player... but not from beginning and not for free.

The "locker" could be a pocket in other dimension. The marked item would be safely stored (glow) in it when you are away from the game. The item could be lost: sold, stolen or taken from your corpse while in the game. Then you could mark another item.

Acquiring the locker would require a quest to complete and some serious cash.

There would be levels of capacity:
1. one item
requirements:
1.1. complete a specific simple quest in Sparkle - or just reach a certain number of quests/quest points done.
1.2. pay some significant amount of plats and gems (1 thousand pc)
1.3. mortal size of apprentice

2. two items
1.1. complete a specific quest in some more remote area - or just reach a certain number quests/quest points done.
1.2. pay some serious amount of plats and gems (50 thousands pc)
1.3. mortal size of hero

3. three items (max?)
1.1. complete a complicated quest somewhere - or just reach a certain number of quests/quest points done
1.2. pay large amount of plats and gems (500 thousands pc)
1.3. mortal size of myth

This system would provide incentives to:
1. do quests
2. get money
3. grow in mortal size
4. team for equipment hunts as glowers would be limited in number
5. use guild racks
6. kill other players to get their marked items

Problems:
Alts created only to keep marked items in lockers for a main character.

The newbies would have it as hard as before the saving change - no items saving but players who would invest more in game, could come back and keep possession of the few savers, so it would be easier to return after hiatus.

The outcome would be that after some time every myth would posses three items with intense imbues. So there would be some kind of restrain that is lacking now.
Yea.. I have suggested about 10 versions of lockers and... all I get is nope :P

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 01 Dec 2018 19:00

Why lockers is beyond the pale but everything saves forever is not ... I am just baffled by this situation, frankly.

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 01 Dec 2018 20:32

I like the ideas of lockers as they have been presented here by Syrk and previously in various ways from Draugor. I agree I have seen them turned down a lot, but that was always before this EQ change as far as I can remember. The idea of permanently saving items used to be against the way the game has always been. Now that this mechanic has been introduced and a middle-ground is being requested, maybe the lockers would be a good middle-ground?

I agree that teaming for equipment used to be a reason to play together with guildmates (or those outside of the guild who can help you get equipment you wouldn't otherwise get yourself). I liked this. I also see that perma-saving equipment makes some equipment less "special" than it used to be since it is easier to hold on to now.

I am hoping that there will be some sort of corrective action that swings the pendulum somewhere back to the middle but for now I am mostly observing with the rest of you to see how the Admins and the Balance team will adjust moving forward.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 01 Dec 2018 21:56

As a casual player with kids, I need to be able to drop what I'm doing and tend to them at a moments notice.
The new change where I am able to quit anywhere, and still keep my equipment have made that possible, which also means that I have a lot more opportunities to play more. I can jump in for half an hour, an hour or more, without it feeling like wasted time on equipment gathering, getting equipment from my stash, returning my equipment to the stash. All of it takes time away from actual "play".

The lockers idea does not really appeal to me because, in the above idea it's only 2 items, which won't make a big difference for me, as I usually have pretty average gear, that still takes time for me to collect, but it's not like I have 1-2 imbued super good item, and I'd still have the issue with all the other pieces of equipment.
Also what about herbs etc., all items that are not just a weapon or a piece of armour?
Oh and 50.000 plats is crazy. Perhaps not for smith-scripters or some such, but for me it is.

It think it's pretty clear to see that there are some issues with how things are now, especially concerning imbued items and non-dulling items. But those can be fixed without throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 02 Dec 2018 12:22

Shanoga wrote:I like the ideas of lockers as they have been presented here by Syrk and previously in various ways from Draugor. I agree I have seen them turned down a lot, but that was always before this EQ change as far as I can remember. The idea of permanently saving items used to be against the way the game has always been. Now that this mechanic has been introduced and a middle-ground is being requested, maybe the lockers would be a good middle-ground?

I agree that teaming for equipment used to be a reason to play together with guildmates (or those outside of the guild who can help you get equipment you wouldn't otherwise get yourself). I liked this. I also see that perma-saving equipment makes some equipment less "special" than it used to be since it is easier to hold on to now.

I am hoping that there will be some sort of corrective action that swings the pendulum somewhere back to the middle but for now I am mostly observing with the rest of you to see how the Admins and the Balance team will adjust moving forward.

The lockers I proposed where 10 items, nothing more and no backpacks, would make people able to store your gear, and still not have to hunt every day for new stuff, atm people are carrying 2 full sets in general wich is kinda nutty
Put some price on it if need be but the current version makes you able to store arsetons of stuff for free :P

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 02 Dec 2018 13:09

Lockers / Slots etc. make a lot of sense for you guys since you are established players.
For new players it makes just about as much sense as the previous recovery implementation...

Habiki
Adept

Post by Habiki » 02 Dec 2018 13:42

Calians loading up on permanently imbued armours is false speculation, FYI. :roll: Mostly we use armours the same way we always have, though it's been nice to have a readily available variety to choose from. :D

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 02 Dec 2018 15:11

cotillion wrote:Lockers / Slots etc. make a lot of sense for you guys since you are established players.
For new players it makes just about as much sense as the previous recovery implementation...
Might want want to limit the amount of saving items tho, its getting alittle nutty

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/