time to evaluate the perma-everything change?

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

What should be done about the current state of affairs, in which everything saves until it breaks?

Keep it just as it is - perfect.
53%
Go back to the way things used to be.
22%
Find some kind of middle ground.
25%

Total votes: 51

Manglor
Rising Hero

Re: time to evaluate the perma-everything change?

Post by Manglor » 04 Dec 2018 22:32

gorboth wrote:I plan on eventually removing ironstones entirely. Those who have invested in iron stones - when the time comes, I will allow you a straight conversion to any other imbuestone of your choice.

G.
It was fun while it lasted, and I'm probably top three who invested the most into it (four glittering ironstones currently used.) It had to end, I'm just surprised it lasted so long :)

But even then, I knew there was a sunset on it, definitely worth it 10/10 would imbue again.

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 05 Dec 2018 16:01

I'm not a big fan of the change. Before, when you found a lasting item of great power you'd appreciate it a lot. Now, it's like 'wow, a seventh crystal axe to put in my rack, great...' People will get too spoiled. The game suddenly became too easy. People can focus strictly on grinding/scripting. Extremity is not good. I'd have nothing against the majority of players using non-magical weapons and armours. Make magical items REALLY, REALLY rare and non-lasting. This way blacksmiths, who forge armours (eg. iron platemail) of the same quality as a dragonscale will be in high demand.

One advantage of being a member of a guild was access to well stocked racks. Now you can keep everything in your iventory. No need for a rack, so might as well go gladiator/merc and don't have any restrictions that come with joining a guild with an application process.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 05 Dec 2018 16:14

Rincon wrote: One advantage of being a member of a guild was access to well stocked racks. Now you can keep everything in your iventory. No need for a rack, so might as well go gladiator/merc and don't have any restrictions that come with joining a guild with an application process.
Good.

You should choose guilds because of lore / people in the guild. Not because of 'material' profits.

Luma
Adept

Post by Luma » 05 Dec 2018 21:52

Kvator wrote:
Rincon wrote: One advantage of being a member of a guild was access to well stocked racks. Now you can keep everything in your iventory. No need for a rack, so might as well go gladiator/merc and don't have any restrictions that come with joining a guild with an application process.
Good.

You should choose guilds because of lore / people in the guild. Not because of 'material' profits.
Agreed, rp heavy guilds want people that care about the guild, and those guilds still have well-kept racks.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 06 Dec 2018 09:11

Its obvious most people like it how it is, and it makes it easier for the younger players.
Still im a bit worried the game will be too easy now.

I mean the strange syntaxes needed for quests, i never understood that, especially when english is not your language it can be a real search to finally find the right words some wizard long ago thought would be oke to use...

But i see everyone around now with the best armour and the cool weapons. Where is the fun in that? Hardly any thrill in finally getting your hands on some good stuff. Young ones who are so used to walk around with the best swords in the game... guilds who clean up their racks dropping their decent armours in donation boxes...

How about keeping it as it is, but make the really good armours and weapons more rare?

*hides for angry mob*
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Dhez
Great Adventurer

Post by Dhez » 06 Dec 2018 10:43

gold bezie wrote:Its obvious most people like it how it is, and it makes it easier for the younger players.
Still im a bit worried the game will be too easy now.

I mean the strange syntaxes needed for quests, i never understood that, especially when english is not your language it can be a real search to finally find the right words some wizard long ago thought would be oke to use...

But i see everyone around now with the best armour and the cool weapons. Where is the fun in that? Hardly any thrill in finally getting your hands on some good stuff. Young ones who are so used to walk around with the best swords in the game... guilds who clean up their racks dropping their decent armours in donation boxes...

How about keeping it as it is, but make the really good armours and weapons more rare?

*hides for angry mob*
Lynch the heretic.
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a challenge.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 06 Dec 2018 13:33

Greetings.

The only good thing i see in removing ironstones, and/or making best armours even rarer is that you'll see the big ones more in flavor-based armours, and have mid level players frustrated hunted the epic best armours.

I'm using top armours now, sure. But i'm in a place where i truly doesn't really need them. I can manage with armours of less quality.

How much does it affect our playstyle that armours are rare or common?

Alisa-

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 06 Dec 2018 20:39

Alisa wrote:How much does it affect our playstyle that armours are rare or common?

Alisa-
If you concede that "playstyle" includes decisions about location, frequency, and duration of grinding, as well as choices about conflicts with other players, the rarity of certain armours would be directly relevant, no? Or by "playstyle" do you mean only nonviolent interaction with other players and the environment?

As I've made clear, I'm not wild about the extremity of the recent change, but another consideration is the possibility of a global nerf on specials. Should that ever come to pass, it may be some consolation to have one's favorite gear more easily accessible.

Targun
Adept

Post by Targun » 07 Dec 2018 10:32

Suggestion for magical or imbued items.

Let them wear off with time.
Conditions (either):
-5 days wielded/worn
-20 days of item's life
Once one of them is met, they would crumble.

This way characters that tank won't be penalized,Items can be used for a reasonable amount of time, characters don't become ultimately overpowered without investing time into gearing.

Other items remain untouched. Some modifications can be made like having weaker magical items "recharged" with some sort of gem/money/imbuement sink, but I guess top tier items and imbuements should have a hard lifetime/ time of active usage cap.

Watchereye
Novice

Post by Watchereye » 07 Dec 2018 15:42

Hey there,

I am not for posting here often, but want to throw in my two cents.

The change is great I think, for everybody alike, newbie or not. It brings a lot of nice things. There is only one true thing wrong and that is the existence of non-dulling, non-breaking equipment, combined with the (very very nice) imbuement system. So, make EVERYTHING break eventually (slowed by imbuement if it must, but break it will) and everything becomes interesting again. Just as it was done with rings, amulets and such before. They too eventually break now.

People will be interested again in finding really good stuff (if not for immediate use, then for the racks as spares), the wonderful imbuement system will be able to stay (thrilling and interesting) and still everyone will be able to log in and go and have fun right away.

And for the ones who will now shout: I want reimbursement of the stones/money I invested in this uber FBB with intense haste or whatever, I say fine, but the experience you gained when using those will also be reimbursed. Simple solution? Yeah, those are what I like...

Keep up the fun!

Yours,
Watcher

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/