Could use some help managing my equipment

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Madelf52
Greenhorne

Could use some help managing my equipment

Post by Madelf52 » 17 Feb 2019 23:20

Been playing pretty regularly, but have yet to figure a few things out in dealing with my "stuff":
1. I have an ornamental baldric that I just CANNOT sheath a sword in. Examining it says it is empty and open. When I try to sheath my falchion in it, the game response says that I can't put anything else on my baldric. This makes the baldric pretty useless. Any ideas?

2. Since the baldric wasn't working out for me, I bought a scabbard from a leather shop south of Sparkle. I could sheath my falchion in it just fine...until I saved/quit the game. When I logged back in, the scabbard was gone. Soooooo I went and bought another one and racked it at my guild since the game won't save this particular item that I paid good silver for. The guild rack got looted and once again my scabbard was gone. My baldric saved with my other equipment - I just can't use it for anything. My scabbard worked great, but I have to buy a new one every time I log in. Help!

3. Speaking of my beloved falchion - it's seen a lot of action and is no longer in prime condition. I found a blacksmith north of Sparkle who will sharpen blades. The sign in his shop says to COST <weapon> to get a price for working on weapons. When I "cost falchion" or "cost sword" the game response is "that is not really a weapon". ????? Funny - it appraises as a weapon. It has killed many an orc. How is it not a weapon? I eventually got the smith to sharpen it by just having a bunch of coins on me and telling him to sharpen it without knowing what the cost would be beforehand (although the falchion still appraises as "scarred by battle" instead of in prime condition.

Any hints or insights into these things would be greatly appreciated as I'm loving the game (it brings back so many great memories of early computer rpg's) but am feeling a little frustrated in trying to manage my equipment.

Thanks!

Alisa
Hero

Re: Could use some help managing my equipment

Post by Alisa » 18 Feb 2019 09:27

Baldrics are, i believe, only for knives/daggers.

I don't know where to buy a scabbard that saves, sorry.

The bug in the smith is not considered very important, thats why it hasnt been fixed. Keeping weapons sharp is a important bit though.

If your main weapon is scarred by battle, i'd recommend replacing it.

Lionel
Beginner

Post by Lionel » 18 Feb 2019 10:59

Scabbards/holsters/sheaths that save can be ordered in Palanthas' leatherworker.

Madelf52
Greenhorne

Post by Madelf52 » 22 Feb 2019 19:26

Thank you for the advice and tips!

Regarding weapon care - so if my blade is already "scarred by battle", there is no way to restore it to "prime condition"? If not, can weapons be kept in "prime condition" if they are kept sharpened regularly?

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 22 Feb 2019 19:33

Madelf52 wrote:can weapons be kept in "prime condition" if they are kept sharpened regularly?
Nope.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 23 Feb 2019 17:30

Madelf52 wrote:Thank you for the advice and tips!

Regarding weapon care - so if my blade is already "scarred by battle", there is no way to restore it to "prime condition"? If not, can weapons be kept in "prime condition" if they are kept sharpened regularly?
Yes you can probably restore it to prime, but it depends on how many times you've had to sharpen it before. After heavy use the the new max level will eventually be fine condition (one level below prime), and then another level below, and so on, until it finally becomes stuck at the lowest level (going to break any second). Unless it breaks before that of course. There is however a small number of weapons that does not degrade at all, that never have to be sharpened and always remain in prime condition.

Madelf52
Greenhorne

Post by Madelf52 » 23 Feb 2019 18:36

Ok. That's great info. Thank you.

Too bad I died last night and lost it all anyway. By the time I got back to the scene of the crime, all was gone....

I'll use the info going forward, though. Thanks again.

Poultry
Apprentice

Post by Poultry » 06 Jun 2019 18:20

I would also like to point out that scabbards suck, as a rule. There are thieves around. They can (last I checked) steal the weapon from your scabbard. You're best off wielding the weapon or storing it in a closed backpack.

You should probably <keep> it first, so you don't sell the sword on accident.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 06 Jun 2019 23:21

Keep all your non-worn or wielded equipment, herbs, coins and gems in a <closed> *wearable* container -e.g. backpack, scrip, dufflebag. Not a herb jar either.

Anything else invites theft.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 07 Jun 2019 06:33

Adding to that piece of exquisite advice, incorporate opening closing that container in your aliases. Use <worn backpack> to make sure your targeting stays true. Good luck.

About the herbs, don't jars keep em fresh? Backpack works too, to that end?
Also, is the herb listing good enough with backpacks? Edit: Just tried the soft leather backpack, it doesn't list their names. Mostly keeping them at a certain high number universally and tbh know which is what anyway, but it's quite the inconvinience compared with the qarraba. Also, qarraba is wearable as well so idk if it's breachable.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/