Dulling vs undulling weapons and more.

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
TripleM
Apprentice

Re: Dulling vs undulling weapons and more.

Post by TripleM » 09 Jul 2020 16:51

On the subject of non-dulling weapons of high quality there is an item I think that needs addressing:
The sledgehammer of the Colossus.
2-handed non-dulling club of very high quality when it comes to dealing damage. Even the mightiest of foes cannot break this weapon. The Donut is shifting to become a place where even dwarves leave their axes at home to use this item. Even Knights elect to leave swords at home. I see Elemental Clerics run with this item, whilst it doesnt hinder their ability to cast their spells.

The item is obtainable by ogres, fairly easily. II was under the impression it was one of the benefits of being an ogre, to actually have access to a weapon of that quality, and the ability to even wield 2 of them.
I would expect that ogres pay a tax for that, and that in that sense things are balanced.
I think the balance is thrown overboard when it is possible that ogres can give it to none-taxpayers to reap the benefits from their tax.

I understand it makes no sense to make it impossible for ogres to gift equipment away. Therefore I think it would make a lot of sense that this weapon could only be wielded by those of the ogre-variety. After all It is supposed to be huge and enormous,

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 10 Jul 2020 11:05

On the subject of non-dulling weapons of high quality there is an item I think that needs addressing:
The sledgehammer of the Colossus.
2-handed non-dulling club of very high quality when it comes to dealing damage. Even the mightiest of foes cannot break this weapon. The Donut is shifting to become a place where even dwarves leave their axes at home to use this item. Even Knights elect to leave swords at home. I see Elemental Clerics run with this item, whilst it doesnt hinder their ability to cast their spells.

The item is obtainable by ogres, fairly easily. II was under the impression it was one of the benefits of being an ogre, to actually have access to a weapon of that quality, and the ability to even wield 2 of them.
I would expect that ogres pay a tax for that, and that in that sense things are balanced.
I think the balance is thrown overboard when it is possible that ogres can give it to none-taxpayers to reap the benefits from their tax.

I understand it makes no sense to make it impossible for ogres to gift equipment away. Therefore I think it would make a lot of sense that this weapon could only be wielded by those of the ogre-variety. After all It is supposed to be huge and enormous,
I second that. Perhaps the sledgehammer should have worse stats in the hands of a non-ogre?
Or be wieldable only by ogres.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 08 Jun 2021 23:33

Spawn rates.. Any news?

Frustration. Real.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 10 Jun 2021 04:20

nils wrote:
08 Jun 2021 23:33
Spawn rates.. Any news?

Frustration. Real.
As far as I know spawn rates has not been touched since the last patch several months ago that increased the drop rates for some items.

Taro
Adventurer

Post by Taro » 14 Jun 2021 02:36

Rincon wrote:
10 Jul 2020 11:05
I second that. Perhaps the sledgehammer should have worse stats in the hands of a non-ogre?
Is this not already the case? I feel I remember the change making them worse for non-ogres happening months ago.
“There was this about vampires : they could never look scruffy. Instead, they were... what was the word... deshabille. It meant untidy, but with bags and bags of style.”

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 14 Jun 2021 03:59

Taro wrote:
14 Jun 2021 02:36
Rincon wrote:
10 Jul 2020 11:05
Is this not already the case? I feel I remember the change making them worse for non-ogres happening months ago.
It is... you are resurrecting an almost-year-old post. ;)

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 14 Jun 2021 23:03

The amount of unsuccessful hunts for certain items are reaching three digits.
Arman wrote:
23 May 2020 04:06
I do get this raised as an issue from a number of sources. And I do discuss this semi-regularly with Cotillion, who is the master of game data. We do know exactly to multiple decimal points the frequency of each magical weapon clone. And we also know that guild racks don't suffer from lack of equipment. So our position at the moment isn't to change spawn rates.
If you're not going to change the spawn rates, can you guys at least make it worth one's time to run and check?
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Taro
Adventurer

Post by Taro » 14 Jun 2021 23:07

Arman wrote:
14 Jun 2021 03:59
It is... you are resurrecting an almost-year-old post. ;)
Woops, Nils reply tricked me into thinking this whole thread is more recent than it is. :D
“There was this about vampires : they could never look scruffy. Instead, they were... what was the word... deshabille. It meant untidy, but with bags and bags of style.”

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 15 Jun 2021 14:16

nils wrote:
14 Jun 2021 23:03
The amount of unsuccessful hunts for certain items are reaching three digits.
Arman wrote:
23 May 2020 04:06
I do get this raised as an issue from a number of sources. And I do discuss this semi-regularly with Cotillion, who is the master of game data. We do know exactly to multiple decimal points the frequency of each magical weapon clone. And we also know that guild racks don't suffer from lack of equipment. So our position at the moment isn't to change spawn rates.
If you're not going to change the spawn rates, can you guys at least make it worth one's time to run and check?
What do you mean by making it worth one's time to check? By providing more useful loot that's more common, or always there?

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 15 Jun 2021 23:23

Cherek wrote:
15 Jun 2021 14:16
What do you mean by making it worth one's time to check? By providing more useful loot that's more common, or always there?
Surprise me?
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/