Dulling vs undulling weapons and more.

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Thalric
Rising Hero

Re: Dulling vs undulling weapons and more.

Post by Thalric » 23 May 2020 11:22

Had you been a hero writing this, it would seem as if you genuinely wanted something amazing you basically could never get.
But... you are one of those 0.1% who are able to get said weapons.

And very interesting that 2 of the weapontypes you want to give damage over time (DoT/bleed), which is quite useless..
But the club that you use, you want to give crowd control which is a PvP ability.

These ideas you throw out are so obviously favoured in your own interest that is it almost laughable.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 23 May 2020 11:29

I read that as examples to show possible diversity on end game hard to get weapons.

You choose to missunderstand and criticize to benefit what agenda? Maybe you should stay away from these threads focusing on melee and return to observe the caster threads? Obviously that is your game.

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 23 May 2020 11:35

Yeah, you're right...

I better stop having an opinion of what is going on in the rest of the game. Silly me.
I figured it all influenced my game, but clearly I am so wrong.
Thank you for informing me about how wrong I have been.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 23 May 2020 11:47

Thalric wrote:
23 May 2020 11:22
Had you been a hero writing this, it would seem as if you genuinely wanted something amazing you basically could never get.
But... you are one of those 0.1% who are able to get said weapons.

And very interesting that 2 of the weapontypes you want to give damage over time (DoT/bleed), which is quite useless..
But the club that you use, you want to give crowd control which is a PvP ability.

These ideas you throw out are so obviously favoured in your own interest that is it almost laughable.

Wow, you really are completely unable to separate the person (who has the game itself in mind) and the character you for some reason are so envious of it literally pours out of you. No, I will not sign your t-shirt!

-If- I am ever able to obtain such a weapon it's because I did 'all of the above' - I played on and off stretching two decades, I grinded hardcore for a year (actual grind time), during which I struck friendships and got owed favours to cash in later. Hell, I even picked up some skill along the way. I did this without the incentive of an epic, top tier reward.

The funny thing is - everywhere else hard work pays off. But not in Thalric's eyes. Oh no, hard workers are cheaters, favored, privileged and worst of all lazy. How dare they make suggestions! Which makes me wonder.. I feel bad bashing someone with so sub-par flirtation skills. Do you have a learning disability? Are you in some way challenged? Should I back off? Protect you from yourself?

Lastly, and to be very clear: DoT/Bleed is fucking gnarly if the damage is FBB equivalent. Especially for PvP where a hit at death's door with a following wimpy might end up in actual death in the next room. But sure, switch them all around to suit your misguided agenda, they were merely suggestions and I sure as shit didn't expect any of it to be a blueprint for the future. I hear wizards don't like being told how to create.

Basically, all I did was try to paint a picture to soothe Mers' troll-attempt. I am pretty generous, when you think about it.

That would be the last time I will honour you with a reply Thalric. You are simply not worth my, or anyone elses, time.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 23 May 2020 11:50

Thalric wrote:
23 May 2020 11:35
Bla bla bla, you're right...

I better stop bla bla bla bla Silly me.
Bla bla bla, I am so wrong.
I am glad I could help!
Let us return to the topic now:

I agree with Mers, auto generic weapons with same abilities, descriptions etc but different types is not enriching at all. Nils provided a few examples on how this can be solved with diversity intact.

I would also like to adress droprates which is extremely low at the moment, not even funny. If it is a set limit on spawned items maybe you could increase waer and tear speed for items gathering dust in racks?

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 23 May 2020 12:18

Chanele wrote:
23 May 2020 11:50
Thalric wrote:
23 May 2020 11:35
Bla bla bla, you're right...

I better stop bla bla bla bla Silly me.
Bla bla bla, I am so wrong.
I am glad I could help!
Let us return to the topic now:

I agree with Mers, auto generic weapons with same abilities, descriptions etc but different types is not enriching at all. Nils provided a few examples on how this can be solved with diversity intact.

I would also like to adress droprates which is extremely low at the moment, not even funny. If it is a set limit on spawned items maybe you could increase waer and tear speed for items gathering dust in racks?
It's not a set limit on items.
That was removed.
They did however greatly reduce the droprate of items, something that made sense at the time but no longer does.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 23 May 2020 13:11

Arman wrote:
23 May 2020 04:06
Great post Nils. Some good topics raised.
Thanks. :)

I'll refrain from quoting as it'll quickly turn into a wall of text.

In your reply you say that the FBB is dulling. You're misinformed as it certainly isn't. It is undull, but not unbreak. So basically you can't wear it out while grinding, but off the top of my head centaurs, mergula and the darkness kroug will break it like a toothpick. And even though you disagree, I think the encounter alone justifies this property. Aquiring that sword is, to put it mildly, a nightmare.

I'm also not sure why you think we who play the 'end game' would save said weapon for a certain mob, boss or whatever. The reward is the increased progress-pr-hour considering whatever mob we're able to kill with an FBB surely also dies with a sword of mergula or even a rust-red. It does very good damage, but it's not a deal breaker in defeating something. However, the additional damage can be the deciding factor in PvP.

As for imbues I'm positive said addiction can be blamed on the 'foreversave'. I'm fairly confident there few, if any, made and worn today because as it is right now, an intense imbuement isn't worth it. It could be if additional time were added to the object, but only then. I get that you don't want 'everyone' to run around with intense imbues, but I can pretty much guarantee that won't happen in the post-'foreversave' era. They're way, way, to expensive to make/abysmal 'bang for buck' to enjoy only a maximum of 5 days in combat.

Lastly, I do appreciate lowering the dull rate as a remedy to the (percieved?) ridiculous spawn rate. You say you wanted feedback as to what would be a fair length and as long as there is no absolute rule about not introducing undulling items I kinda like how I understood Tarlok's suggestion. Half of that of undull as an average durability. I interpret it as an average of 2,5 combat-days, effectively between 1 and 3 depending on how well it's taken care of, leaving room for some variability between each 'edition'.

I might add that this should also apply to armours, and 'full plates' in particular. The MBP covers body, legs and arms and it's only reasonable that it has the combined 'hit points' of the sum of its parts, maybe a couple extra hit points considering its' quality. It is also far to rare to last a couple hours before it's effectiveness begins to diminish, and a couple more to failure.

If you are not open to adjust the global spawn rate, would you be open to review the rate on certain much sought after, but yet middle-top tier items? Because I've damn near had it with the fruitless non-stop killing of a mob wearing trash.

And just to vent some frustration; this is before taking two boat rides and a subsequent fight through a bunch of orcs only to find the orc captain dead because some lazy caster skipped the queue and teleported right into the room or walked straight past the guards, invisible.
Time wasted on finding an empty ledge: Hours.
Need for re-imbursement of wasted time: Pressing
Anger aimed at said queue-skippers: Brink of exploding
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 23 May 2020 13:43

We may not agree on the need for more weapons (I am biased, i know) but we certainly agree on the durability for armours.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 23 May 2020 13:50

The addition of teleport to player selected destinations was really a great idea...

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 23 May 2020 13:53

cotillion wrote:
23 May 2020 13:50
The addition of teleport to player selected destinations was really a great idea...
Agreed.

Remember those that can teleport not just themselves, but their entire team to their own selected destinations? That idea was even better. Certainly brings balance, locations of random social encounters/interaction and equal opportunity for growth!

Best idea ever. Game design 101.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/