Equipment gained -24 hours prior to Armageddon

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Lindros

Equipment gained -24 hours prior to Armageddon

Post by Lindros » 10 Mar 2010 20:17

I think all equipment gained in the last 24 hours prior to an Armageddon should be made glowing.

Or at least have a much higher chance of being glowing.

Cause it freaking sucks to get piece after piece of excellent equipment, when there's just hours left of the armageddon.

Anyone thoughts people ?

Alorrana
Myth

Re: Equipment gained -24 hours prior to Armageddon

Post by Alorrana » 10 Mar 2010 20:22

Last edited by Alorrana on 31 Aug 2010 13:09, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 10 Mar 2010 20:57

I'm looking forward to an end to armageddon and equipment always saving if you LD out.
Saving racks and equip picking ever time you log in is a bit of a pain in the ass.
At a price or whatever.

Until that time arrives sure why not have better chance of saving 1 day prior to arma.

Is it just my rose tinted glasses or did more people run with great gear in the 1 day arma days...
Sure you spent your life equip hunting and saving racks!

I don't know how drop tables worked etc but if say it was 8 drops per arma 40% chance of saving on a short arma cycle would there not be more carried over. So the number of items in the realms built up? Drop tables if thats the way it went and not just caps.. No real clue how it works, just keep plugging away with fingers crossed.

It is very nice not equip hunting constantly. Allows for the uber grind. Maybe not what wizzies intended but certainly how it is.
Players equip for a few days then grind with short top ups or repeated checks on the stubborn ones.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 10 Mar 2010 21:25

With the current system it would be unfair. Most equipment boots within the last few days. If magical item booting were random then I would agree that equipment obtained in the last hours should always glow.

Megarius
Apprentice

Post by Megarius » 12 Mar 2010 16:02

Speaking of magical items and Armageddon... I don't think its wise that magical items start to show on mobs about 2-3 days after armageddon. I've noticed actually that there are more people playing at the time when magical items start to show on mobs. So its like server is quite empty after armageddon and then about 2-3 days after there are 40+ people on every day. And then it repeats.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 13 Mar 2010 01:12

I think those items should glow as well.

Spent almost 30 minutes killing Ealanus for the molten cloak and it didn't save 1 hour before armageddon.

-B

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/