Align restrictions

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Chamdin
Wanderer
Posts: 51
Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:55

Re: Align restrictions

Post by Chamdin » 15 Mar 2010 17:10

Aeg wrote:I always believed that it was our character's shortcomings that made them interesting characters. If there were 6 guilds (good/evil(F, M, T)), no alignments, ect.. this game would boring.

The best characters have the most restrictions.

There is nothing you can say that comes even close to being a newbie! :D

Newbies have the most restrictions,just think about the possible fighting places!? some times you grow tired of attacking rats.. :D

And wielding weapons!! Yesterday I tried to wield a short sword,I ended up deaths door and vegetable state.

User avatar
Tarax the Terrible
Myth
Posts: 1331
Joined: 09 Mar 2010 20:33
Location: UK

Re: Align restrictions

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 15 Mar 2010 17:18

Is that the same sword that steals all your sword skill when you fail to wield it!?
Check your skills ;)
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Chamdin
Wanderer
Posts: 51
Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:55

Re: Align restrictions

Post by Chamdin » 15 Mar 2010 17:57

Tarax the Terrible wrote:Is that the same sword that steals all your sword skill when you fail to wield it!?
Check your skills ;)

Ouch,you really made me nervous for awhile.. :)

I still have my skills at the same high level.Knowing this though will make me more careful trying to wield unknown swords in the future.

Windemere
Expert
Posts: 286
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 05:37
Location: Winterpeg

Re: Align restrictions

Post by Windemere » 15 Mar 2010 20:54

Well, I would tend to agree, Aeg.

It is the shortcomings that make this game so special. So then why is it that people are constantly crying foul. I mean it is a double edged sword here. Either you want balance or you don't.

With the current model there is always going to be something awry. Someone will always have a way of doing something that you can't. And that has to be fine. If it is not fine, if you are going to complain to admin about it, then the way I described is the only way that this will not happen.

So, for those of you reading this forum, Decide already. If you like the shortcomings and the differences like I certainly do, then you need to accept that sometimes things will be out of wack. The only way for everything to be equal is for every guild to be written with the exact same code (descriptions only thing different.)

Not to say that if you think something might be buggy, or not working the way it should be, then of course people should express concerns. I think you know what I am talking about though.

This is my 2cc on this matter anyways.

Windemere

Ilrahil

Re: Align restrictions

Post by Ilrahil » 16 Mar 2010 01:51

Well I've complained about Align restrictions for a long time. Align restrictions and racial restrictions actually from Equipment all the way to Quests.

Quests... Goblin's are severely disadvantaged as are evil-aligned people. Goblin's can never enter Minas Tirith. Evil's cannot easily enter Rivendell, VK (However there are ways around this), or Minas Tirith. The flip side holds true with Elves who cannot without express permsision of the Nazgul enter Minas Morgul. However, Minas Morgul has a back entrance that allows Goodies to have access to it. Rivendell used to have a back entrance for evil's but it was removed after Wyork and me gained access and killed Bilbo.

I propose that there be a system where you can be given a quest card. The quest card grants you the ability to walk freely throughout those cities and to be unattackable by players. However if you engage combat with anything in the city or with someone else in the city, there needs to be a penalty such as death or loss of something.

Equipment..... Evil's have the shimmering multi-coloured spear and the serrated obsidian halberd that only they can use. Goodies have Azure rune-etched longsword, Holy blade (is only decent when you are goodie), slender mithril-tipped pike, holy jewelled sceptre. Also Kitiara's sabre might as well be added to this list because Knights and their allies are the only ones who really kill Kitiara as no one else knows when she attacks. There are other items that I did not mention that I know of, but can just not think of because well I've been away from the game for to long nowadays.

What really pissed me off was when the red-runed were changed. Not because they were changed to both sides but because soon after I requested the azure rune-etched longsword to be changed. It wasn't, I requested it multiple times. Nothing happened. Why does this sword piss me off so much? Because there is an evil and good version of the quest. The good version of the quest has a second part that can only be done for more experience if you are good aligned. The good version is also the only one that gives the reward of a sword that arguably is one of the best in the game, especially with its no dull feature. Recently it has been made harder for people to get the sword as the elf now hands it to Qualthas, but what is to stop someone like Poet who had multiple people create seconds to do the quest, from killing Qualthas to get the sword? He takes a knock to his prestige? Prestige isn't that important anymore really.

Another irritating thing is that one of the quests in Krynn can only be done when Kitiara attacks the plains. An extremely rare quest it is then, and even more so if you aren't friends with a Knight because the Western Solamnian Plains are not ever travelled by anyone unless they are questing or unless they are a knight. So really only Knights engage with Kitiara on a regular basis. Not to mention the prestige that is associated with doing the quest as a Knight is so large it makes it very unappealing to have anyone in a team but a Knight do it.

Wow extremely long post, not really cohesive, but It gets my points across with align restrictions and how biased they are. The ask wizards to fix it, I have tried, and I have been polite about it, but little has changed.

Hopefully I didn't go into to much detail and give away secrets... Sorry if I did Petros.

Mers I'm sure I'm an idiot because you probably disagree with this.

Ilrahil's Player

Creed

Re: Align restrictions

Post by Creed » 16 Mar 2010 02:21

Well..

Evils have the best, easiest and safest hunting grounds.
From RH til champ, centaurs are simply too good.
The same was with Ribos, before it got changed again.

On top of that, you got the goblin race, which is mostly evil.
Its the superior race, for anyone who is not an OCC spellcaster.
So you might not get the super best weapons all the time, but why should evil care?
Evil got all the other advantages to make up for it.

Amberlee
Myth
Posts: 1509
Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:50
Location: Kristiansund, Norway

Re: Align restrictions

Post by Amberlee » 16 Mar 2010 02:39

Pfft... clearly drow are best.. no matter align :D
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Lindros

Re: Align restrictions

Post by Lindros » 16 Mar 2010 02:50

Creed wrote:Well..

Evils have the best, easiest and safest hunting grounds.
From RH til champ, centaurs are simply too good.
The same was with Ribos, before it got changed again.

On top of that, you got the goblin race, which is mostly evil.
Its the superior race, for anyone who is not an OCC spellcaster.
So you might not get the super best weapons all the time, but why should evil care?
Evil got all the other advantages to make up for it.

Ehm, care to elaborate?

What are the best and safest hunting grounds?

Are you seriously trying to say evil players have better options than goodaligned players?
Evil players cannot enter several big cities nor can they solve a bunch of quests, lots of equipment
is still off limits to them, and as for killing areas I disagree completely, evil players may have Centaurs
thats a decent xp area, but that area is constantly hunted by neutral players as well.

Goodaligned chars have the possiblity through guild abilities to tag along to more rewarding areas, trolls/dragons etc
because their team can heal and switch tanks at will, evil players have to rely solely on stats and size alone, because
they have no heal or ways of switching tanks.


Sure goblins are a powerful race, perhaps more than they should, but you should not forget that they are the most penalized race
in the game as well, when it comes to access to areas/equipment/quests etc

Rhynox
Titan
Posts: 493
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 03:48
Location: Departed from here. Meet at Genesis!

Re: Align restrictions

Post by Rhynox » 16 Mar 2010 03:24

Ilrahil wrote:Goodies have Azure rune-etched longsword, Holy blade (is only decent when you are goodie), slender mithril-tipped pike, holy jewelled sceptre. Also Kitiara's sabre might as well be added to this list because Knights and their allies are the only ones who really kill Kitiara as no one else knows when she attacks.
I don't know about the azure sword, but the holy sceptre is trash. If it only had a special against undeads, but it is bugged or broken altogether. I have fought undeads in Middle Earth, Faerie, Raumdor, Faerun and Krynn, even vampires with it, and a bloody club is better. We identified it with the scroll, with clerics and even mages, had it disassembled by a tinkerer and the result is the same: trash. So, evil people are not missing anything of it. Can't talk about the pike itself (only that it breaks pretty often) either. The holy blade looks like a good sword for the light it does, and the fact that it doesn't break, but it is not better than others. And now that vampires don't exist, its usage drops. You could have included the complex medicine stick too.

The sabre is random. It is true that knights know when they are attacked, but anyone can go there and slay Skie and Kitiara and pick it up. Sometimes I find the raid there and kill them myself (although Skie and Kitiara are pretty hard to do alone). So, if you check there every day you will eventually pick it up (note that there aren't that many knights around, so you actually have a good chance at finding the raid there).

Regarding evil people, they have access to the midnight orbs, an easy way to carry darkness around. And I have fought soldiers with the serrated halberd and it really hurts. Its effect is maybe downgraded because of the upgrade of the Red Dragonarmy, but the weapon itself is pretty nasty (Eagledraco bled to death, for example). And the multicolor spear is one-handed, and is pretty good to pair with a good shield. Also, from what I remember the crystal axe when wielded by someone goodie will only heal, but when wielded by someone evil will heal and throw energy balls.

Lindros

Re: Align restrictions

Post by Lindros » 16 Mar 2010 04:05

Rhynox wrote:
Ilrahil wrote:Goodies have Azure rune-etched longsword, Holy blade (is only decent when you are goodie), slender mithril-tipped pike, holy jewelled sceptre. Also Kitiara's sabre might as well be added to this list because Knights and their allies are the only ones who really kill Kitiara as no one else knows when she attacks.
I don't know about the azure sword, but the holy sceptre is trash. If it only had a special against undeads, but it is bugged or broken altogether. I have fought undeads in Middle Earth, Faerie, Raumdor, Faerun and Krynn, even vampires with it, and a bloody club is better. We identified it with the scroll, with clerics and even mages, had it disassembled by a tinkerer and the result is the same: trash. So, evil people are not missing anything of it. Can't talk about the pike itself (only that it breaks pretty often) either. The holy blade looks like a good sword for the light it does, and the fact that it doesn't break, but it is not better than others. And now that vampires don't exist, its usage drops. You could have included the complex medicine stick too.

The sabre is random. It is true that knights know when they are attacked, but anyone can go there and slay Skie and Kitiara and pick it up. Sometimes I find the raid there and kill them myself (although Skie and Kitiara are pretty hard to do alone). So, if you check there every day you will eventually pick it up (note that there aren't that many knights around, so you actually have a good chance at finding the raid there).

Regarding evil people, they have access to the midnight orbs, an easy way to carry darkness around. And I have fought soldiers with the serrated halberd and it really hurts. Its effect is maybe downgraded because of the upgrade of the Red Dragonarmy, but the weapon itself is pretty nasty (Eagledraco bled to death, for example). And the multicolor spear is one-handed, and is pretty good to pair with a good shield. Also, from what I remember the crystal axe when wielded by someone goodie will only heal, but when wielded by someone evil will heal and throw energy balls.


Holy blade is still a none dulling weapon, thats the issue, not that it gives out some light levels.

Pike is prolly top 3 among polearms in the game, not to mention the "bug" that was related to it for years(giving full mana to whoever wielding it, pretty nifty for a certain Ranger...)

As for Kitiara and Skie, I've played the game for roughly 15 years and I have been able to "take part" of 2 Kitiara raid's in total.

Midnight orbs, I do not think its alignment related, but I could be misstaken.


You mention Serrated Halberd, but at the same time that weapon has a counterpart in Quickwood hoopak.

Crystal axe, damage bolts do not do much at all, the heal an evil person gets is a LOT less than what a holy person gets of the heal, so to sum things up, its much better for goodaligned people.

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/