Align restrictions

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhynox
Titan

Re: Align restrictions

Post by Rhynox » 16 Mar 2010 04:29

Lindros wrote:Holy blade is still a none dulling weapon, thats the issue, not that it gives out some light levels.
Gotcha. I don't remember it appraising that well, but it could be that I had a worse copy.
Lindros wrote:Pike is prolly top 3 among polearms in the game, not to mention the "bug" that was related to it for years(giving full mana to whoever wielding it, pretty nifty for a certain Ranger...)
Can't say, never wielded it so I don't know what is supposed to do when wielded.
Lindros wrote:As for Kitiara and Skie, I've played the game for roughly 15 years and I have been able to "take part" of 2 Kitiara raid's in total.
It used to be much rarer. With the week long uptime there should be one per week. Also, Kitiara flies away with Skie, so even knights can't get the sabre every time she attacks.
Lindros wrote:Midnight orbs, I do not think its alignment related, but I could be misstaken.
Yeah, they are. If you are not evil it turns into a 25kgs ball of iron that doesn't do anything other than burden you.
Lindros wrote:You mention Serrated Halberd, but at the same time that weapon has a counterpart in Quickwood hoopak.
Yes, but it is limited to kenders, while the serrated halberd has only alignment restriction. However, the hoopak is non dulling (I think the serrated can dull).
Lindros wrote:Crystal axe, damage bolts do not do much at all, the heal an evil person gets is a LOT less than what a holy person gets of the heal, so to sum things up, its much better for goodaligned people.
True enough. Healing is pretty random, though, I could fight Akugla for half an hour and it would heal me only a couple of times, but then I could fight a wolf in Mithas and be healed seven or eight times before the wolf died.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 16 Mar 2010 04:52

The heal on the Axe was fixed. It no longer does healing on NPC's considerably smaller than that.

Kitiara only attacks the Keep when at least one Full knight (not squire) is awake.

Medicine Stick I forgot about and heals goodies, but only does minor damage for evil's.

SOH is an unbreakable waepon as is the Quickwood.

I might also add the light blue-tinted longsword which one must be holy to wield, increases discipline considerably, and does not dull.

As to the Killing Grounds. Evil's have Qualinost and Centaurs over the goodies, however Centaurs are riddled with neutral players almost nonstop. I ran some tests with Faerun and I do not know if its still true, but the orcs there gave more experience to my good aligned character than to my evil aligned character.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 16 Mar 2010 05:11

Ilrahil wrote:Kitiara only attacks the Keep when at least one Full knight (not squire) is awake.
I can't say whether that is true or not, but I have found Kitiara around when no knight was. However, it would make sense since the attackers invade everything from the Keep to the Spur.
Ilrahil wrote:As to the Killing Grounds. Evil's have Qualinost and Centaurs over the goodies, however Centaurs are riddled with neutral players almost nonstop. I ran some tests with Faerun and I do not know if its still true, but the orcs there gave more experience to my good aligned character than to my evil aligned character.
The orcs in Faerun don't attack evil people by default until they have attacked them, so it may be possible. But I doubt it because evil people like Phantom and Zabijaka spent quite a lot of time there growing without problem.

Fourtcoer
Wanderer

Post by Fourtcoer » 03 Jun 2010 01:51

If roleplayed, good is actually restrictive than evil, and perks (extra weapons or whathaveyou) should be the balance to being self-restrictive.

Of course the reality is, that's not the case.

What I'd rather see than an arms race, is more coded-in consequence to alignment breech.

For example Creed (love ya Creed), advised Fourtcoer to go kill a pretty innocent-looking neutral mob because it was financially profitable. I could see no way Fourtcoer would be killing this mob IC, even though the mob wasn't "evil". Something like a diminishing return on alignment drops - if you are holy and kill neutral mobs, you drop alignment slightly - but if you are neutral it has no effect on alignment (and scale it in between). (Of course for this to work ideally, any creature REMOTELY shady should be at least a point below neutral.) Similarly I think some of these sinister weapons that make you out like a homicidal maniac should drop your alignment if you are are the upper limits of good (your alignment should probably remain unchanged if you are middle-of-the-road good.) If you want to use that holy-required sword, you better be watching what you do.. CAREFULLY!

When roleplayed at all, good is more restrictive in terms of where I hunt for xp and profit, what I kill in order to acquire items, what quests I will consider doing, etc. A few extra weapons to choose from seems like a minor perk compared to what is sacrificed in terms of sheer powerplaying. Rather than say "we need an equal arms race", I'd rather say, make sure more of the good toys are up with a saintly or holy requisite, such that the people that can use those weapons have had to be really diligent about monitoring their character's actions in order to earn the right to use said weapons.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/