Sword balance

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Sharn
Expert

Re: Sword balance

Post by Sharn » 17 Mar 2010 16:29

Ilrahil wrote:Yes the rules of the Knight roleplay was in the flames section and sarcastic.

Knights are not restricted from killing good aligned NPC's it is frowned upon. What you think you should NOT do, might differ from what someone else in the Knighthood thinks they CAN do.

Edited: Did you ever kill Shale? Because he is barely good aligned but he is good aligned. And I know quite a few knights who kill him frequently.
I admit I killed him myself and many times, too :)
So I have to correct myself. I have not killed a good aligned NPC according to knight ability to check alignment.
Also have consulted it with Neidars.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 17 Mar 2010 20:32

Ilrahil wrote:Did you ever kill Shale? Because he is barely good aligned but he is good aligned. And I know quite a few knights who kill him frequently.
You know that kill is justified in a roleplaying sense.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 17 Mar 2010 23:20

Lots of kills can be applied in a role playing sense lol

Hey Rhynox, I bought some books that include the Neidar. Is there a book out there that deals with them exclusively?

Btw, thanks Ilrahil for mentioning the books to me.

-B

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 18 Mar 2010 04:17

Shale himself has a lot to do with the neidar guild, can't say more than that. As for books, I stopped buying books when they introduced gunfire (I bought the books of the Rise of Solamnia but hadn't yet read them). From the ones I read (and my memory may fail since it has been easily 3 or 4 years since I read the last one) War of the Twins, the second book of the Legends trilogy, talks about the Dwarfgate Wars, the war between the hill dwarves and the mountain dwarves after the Cataclysm. You may need to read the first one, Time of the Twins, but I think you will catch who is who easily (however, TotT gives a lot of context since the action develops in two timelines at the same time).

The neidars themselves hadn't been treated that much, only through Flint Fireforge (and barely, since most of the stories about him are from his time in Qualinesti and Solace). Most of the dwarven books are from Thorbardin, since it is a world in itself.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 18 Mar 2010 14:56

Like I told Bromen, Flint the King deals with the Neidar a bit. And them creating the gunpowder was a major cop out move but fortunately in the books after that it was not used. Jaymes Markham and his friend the dwarf were the only two people who knew the entire compound.

You'd probably enjoy the Dwarf Home trilogy Rhynox. It deals with Neidar, Thorbardin, and even Kayolin.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 18 Mar 2010 17:45

Interesting. I should do a list of books to buy, I think I am still missing the last one from the Amber and ... trilogy.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 19 Mar 2010 02:01

Hmm maybe PEtros can split this thread to Cornucopia...

The last one of the Mina Trilogy was sorely disappointing. I nearly threw the book across the room in frustration when I finished it.

I'd highly recommend however the Dragons of a dwarven depths, highlord skies, and hourglass mage. They could not have picked better books to end the series on.

Also the Ogre Titan series up until the last few chapters was just absolutely phenomenal.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 23 May 2010 21:35

I'm not sure if this will be much on topic, or if it even is in the right place, but I also once had an idea of changing Blademasters (it's about swords, no?).

What I would like to see done is creating the occ with lay option guild called the Weaponmasters. I'd put them at the smiths in bree, instead of the desolate location of Khalakor.

Options:

OCC:
free to join, no racks, skills:

wep1: superior guru (with guru quest)
wep2: master
wep3: veteran
two-handed combat: master
defence: master
parry: master
appraise enemy: veteran
offensive special: superior guru
defensive special: superior guru

weapons to choose from: sword, polearm, knife

LAY:
able to join with skill of at least superior veteran in any weapon (so everyone can join in on the fun), skills:
offensive special: superior guru

The layman branch members would have the title of Wandering Weaponmaster (or Duelist)
The occupational branch would have more titles increasing with guildstat.

I think it could be great for 2 reasons:
1. a free to join, fighter occ guild without being a mercenary or a gladiator (which, despite being great guilds, aren't always good for roleplay)
2. the incredibly plain and limited to just 1 weapon type users (and its balance is the discussion here) layman guild could be turned into something allowing for more variety and background
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 24 May 2010 03:12

That guild already exists under a different name.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/