Shields

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhaegar
Legend

Re: Shields

Post by Rhaegar » 02 Jul 2010 10:38

Rhynox wrote:we don't use mana at all in the guild, nor are interested in serious spellcasting, we don't have a huge pool of mana (at best, I am guessing it is less than half our health points, so it would only increase our health 50%)
I really can't fathom dwarves with supreme con having 50% more hp... :shock:

And about you not using mana, what about Logg? He might have something to say about that, being the WotE and all...

The fact that MOST Neidar don't use their mana, doesn't mean they CAN'T use it.
Last edited by Rhaegar on 02 Jul 2010 12:10, edited 2 times in total.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 02 Jul 2010 10:45

50% more con? I like that idea :lol:

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 02 Jul 2010 11:52

Rhaegar wrote:
Rhynox wrote:
Tarax the Terrible wrote:we don't use mana at all in the guild, nor are interested in serious spellcasting, we don't have a huge pool of mana (at best, I am guessing it is less than half our health points, so it would only increase our health 50%)
I really can't fathom dwarves with supreme con having 50% more hp... :shock:

And about you not using mana, what about Logg? He might have something to say about that, being the WotE and all...

I never wrote that you screwed up the tags!
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 02 Jul 2010 12:06

Yeah, sorry. Fixed it.

Freya

Post by Freya » 02 Jul 2010 12:22

Laurel wrote:
Tive wrote:An example.. years ago violed-edged shortsword was a highly desirable weapon. I don't think anyone bothers even to check for it now days.
a certain pair of boots gives better boosts than defender ... and it's dmg output plainly sucks

Actually doesnt the defender raise both parry and defence?

In other words, better than said boots, unless we're talking about a pair of new super boots.
And not the pair of boots thats been in the game for 10 years...

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 02 Jul 2010 13:12

it did (last I used it ... ages ago) but I was generalizing to be honest
using the defender was for Laurel only an option with a runie/JBS/shintor/obsi combo back in her BDA days and mostly for PvP - not for grind
reasons are various:
1. defender dmg output sux - you actually sacrifice 1 dmg slot to gain a little of skills that didn't do that much difference when exp gain was possible on smallfry enemies when in heaps (infidels, Holm, Kabal, ogres, etc.)
2. defender dulls/breaks easily - not such a viable option for grinding
3. defender as only weapon makes any sword user deal dmg comparable to a Neidar in def rage ...
4. currently exp gain has been changed towards those times and as we all know - ac is much more important than a little more def/parry, making any decent shield a better option than the defender (especially for lay AA)

thus an item that doesn't decrease the dmg output while increasing survivability is quite more useful then the defender imo (important one: IMO) - goes for said boots, shields, some polearms, etc.

btw. I didn't notice that much of a change both in grinding and fighting hard foes when adding Laurel more def/parry as she'd gain from wearing additional/better AC

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 02 Jul 2010 13:36

Rhaegar wrote:And about you not using mana, what about Logg? He might have something to say about that, being the WotE and all...

The fact that MOST Neidar don't use their mana, doesn't mean they CAN'T use it.
We were talking about neidars. It would be like making crush work with polearms just because some neidars may be militia too and would want to use a polearm and jab at the same time.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 02 Jul 2010 13:51

Well, militia jab works with some non-polearm weapons too ;) With one club and one axe I believe, club for sure.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 02 Jul 2010 20:22

There is a weapon in Mithas that can be used for both. I believe... Rhynox correct me if I'm wrong but Torwin used it back in the day.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 02 Jul 2010 22:23

The hatchak (or something similar), a weapon that can triple as polearm, axe or club. However, it is limited, not the best weapon you can find around, and having to convert it after every jab or crush is similar to wield a polearm, jab, and then wield a club and crush. I used to think you could jab with axes that had impale damage (like the short axe smiths can forge), but it is not possible.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/