Shields

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhaegar
Legend

Shields

Post by Rhaegar » 29 May 2010 21:46

I'm going to bring this one up once again. The reworking of shields that could work.

Since AA is back now, with their shield skill, why not make this skill global instead of guild?
Make it available in AGs up to superior layman, and guilds like mercs, kniggets and neidars up to superior journeyman/craftsman, with only AA having it at superior guru.

Then, just greatly reduce AC on all shields.

Sounds simple enough, don't know how much work that would take from the coding side though...
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Creed

Re: Shields

Post by Creed » 29 May 2010 22:23

Why should the AA suddenly gain a lot more from shields than everyone else, just because they have an offensive ability with it?
I mean, its not like they have an ability where they defend themselves even better.
I can't see your reasoning for that suggestion.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 29 May 2010 22:38

Because they already have shield to superior guru, which is primarily a defensive special for them?
Why should they suddenly lose it?

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 29 May 2010 23:09

Last edited by Alorrana on 31 Aug 2010 10:52, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 29 May 2010 23:13

I have asked for the shield skill for years. It doesn't make sense for gladiators or RDA soldiers to wear them when they are masters of dual wielding and two handed weapons respectively. However, it has always been turned down because shields were considered restrictive (in other words, a gladiator or soldier wearing a shield loses the damage ability he had while not wearing it).

I don't think AC should be lowered for all shields. The main problem is that everyone gets the same benefits from them, when some should be able to use them better than others. I would like to see shields cover different parts for different races too, but won't likely happen.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 29 May 2010 23:38

Well, shield's AC is part of the problem. Some of them have equal or more AC than the best armours and cover a lot of locations, that's why everyone is using them. My suggestion gives people skill to use shields, that will block some blows instead of boosting your AC incredibly.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 29 May 2010 23:49

Rhynox wrote: The main problem is that everyone gets the same benefits from them, when some should be able to use them better than others. I would like to see shields cover different parts for different races too, but won't likely happen.
if i remember right blackened kite shield used to work like that ?

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 30 May 2010 00:14

Rhaegar wrote:Well, shield's AC is part of the problem. Some of them have equal or more AC than the best armours and cover a lot of locations, that's why everyone is using them. My suggestion gives people skill to use shields, that will block some blows instead of boosting your AC incredibly.
Nowadays there are very few shields that cover head. And remember that the best shields are usually pretty heavy. I would say only the dragon shell is unbalanced right now, since there is no limit, it is really good, very light and relatively easy to get if you are big or got a mariner in your team.
Tive wrote:if i remember right blackened kite shield used to work like that ?
No, the kite shield protects the same for all races. However, sometimes (not sure if it is public knowledge) it also protects your legs.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 30 May 2010 04:51

There has already been a shield reform/nerf, in case you didn't know.
Less AC in many cases and less coverage too.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 01 Jun 2010 08:42

Would be another general skill Ogres got no use for :o

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/