Fact-checking and critical thinking

Here, look for all manner of scoops, commentary, and general nonsense from the Keeper himself.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Thalric
Great Adventurer
Posts: 190
Joined: 14 Jun 2016 16:34

Re: Fact-checking and critical thinking

Post by Thalric » 09 Jul 2020 15:37

Nerull wrote:
09 Jul 2020 15:34
Thalric wrote:
09 Jul 2020 15:31
Archers aren't goodies... once they learned all their skills, they're neutral.
So you can be damned and join the archers?
No, you cannot. But why would you need to?
And is that what matters? The 3 days you spend to join and max out in a guild, or the next 200 days you play?

Nerull
Wizard
Posts: 112
Joined: 05 Jul 2014 23:24

Re: Fact-checking and critical thinking

Post by Nerull » 09 Jul 2020 15:46

Even if we pretend that archers are 100% neutral and remove them from the list, the number of guildoptions on evil side is still smaller than on the opposite spectrum.

Perhaps what counted most for the decison of making FK was, no designated stealthclass availabie there beside what you can do with mercs.

Thalric
Great Adventurer
Posts: 190
Joined: 14 Jun 2016 16:34

Re: Fact-checking and critical thinking

Post by Thalric » 09 Jul 2020 15:52

I dont disagree with you on the evil rogue options.

I just dont agree that evil players only have 3 occ melee options.
They have all the "neutral" ones as well. - Same as the good players.

Raelle
Adept
Posts: 141
Joined: 18 Jul 2017 19:31

Re: Fact-checking and critical thinking

Post by Raelle » 09 Jul 2020 15:54

Nerull wrote:
09 Jul 2020 15:46
Perhaps what counted most for the decison of making FK was, no designated stealthclass availabie there beside what you can do with mercs.
This is a good response. Keep it in mind next time before throwing around sketchy numbers and crying "boo hoo baddies don't have any choices"

Nerull
Wizard
Posts: 112
Joined: 05 Jul 2014 23:24

Re: Fact-checking and critical thinking

Post by Nerull » 09 Jul 2020 15:58

Raelle wrote:
09 Jul 2020 15:54
Nerull wrote:
09 Jul 2020 15:46
Perhaps what counted most for the decison of making FK was, no designated stealthclass availabie there beside what you can do with mercs.
This is a good response. Keep it in mind next time before throwing around sketchy numbers and crying "boo hoo baddies don't have any choices"
Strawman much? I never said they didn't have any choices. What's so scetchy about these numbers? Feel free to correct me :)

Nerull
Wizard
Posts: 112
Joined: 05 Jul 2014 23:24

Re: Fact-checking and critical thinking

Post by Nerull » 09 Jul 2020 16:00

Thalric wrote:
09 Jul 2020 15:52
I dont disagree with you on the evil rogue options.

I just dont agree that evil players only have 3 occ melee options.
They have all the "neutral" ones as well. - Same as the good players.
Keep in mind that I said Evil occ melee options. We naturally have the neutral ones aswell as fine additions. :)

Raelle
Adept
Posts: 141
Joined: 18 Jul 2017 19:31

Re: Fact-checking and critical thinking

Post by Raelle » 09 Jul 2020 16:20

I fail to see how the Blue and Red Dragonarmies are a single guild

(edited for "I-don't-feel-like-arguing-that-much")

User avatar
Mavros
Wizard
Posts: 25
Joined: 24 Jun 2020 05:50

Re: Fact-checking and critical thinking

Post by Mavros » 09 Jul 2020 18:27

Raelle wrote:
09 Jul 2020 16:20
I fail to see how the Blue and Red Dragonarmies are a single guild

(edited for "I-don't-feel-like-arguing-that-much")
You're correct in that both guilds have separate leadership, different skills, etc. I'm also in the understanding that they both compete as separate factions in the Krynn warfare system. They're separate guilds in everything that matters.

The FK were added to give an evil rogue option. The balance between good and bad fighter guilds is a different, but still prevalent, issue.

Thalric
Great Adventurer
Posts: 190
Joined: 14 Jun 2016 16:34

Re: Fact-checking and critical thinking

Post by Thalric » 09 Jul 2020 20:14

A prevalent issue?
How so? Evil need more?
If so, please look at the mostly empty goodie guilds also. I am sure there is a reason for that, which isnt just RP.

User avatar
Zhar
Wizard
Posts: 903
Joined: 17 Apr 2012 12:09

Re: Fact-checking and critical thinking

Post by Zhar » 10 Jul 2020 11:30

Nerull wrote:
09 Jul 2020 15:46
Perhaps what counted most for the decison of making FK was, no designated stealthclass availabie there beside what you can do with mercs.
Technically AA is a stealth class (better sneak & hide than RoI), they just don't have autosneak which I've always found odd since this ability is not being taxed as it's just a QoL upgrade.
Last edited by Zhar on 10 Jul 2020 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/