Fact-checking and critical thinking

Here, look for all manner of scoops, commentary, and general nonsense from the Keeper himself.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Fact-checking and critical thinking

Post by Amberlee » 07 Jul 2020 12:52

My experience and thoughts on this.
There has been a LOT of cases with this in the past.
Particularly centered around old Terel, but also some in more recent times(the last 10 years, yes I am fucking old)
I don't however think that the issue at hand is much of a case anymore though.
There are however rampant conspiracy theories that are borderline ridiculous.
All in all genesis as it is, is in the best state of "balance" it has ever been.
There are still things that desperately needs to get fixed but that is more because of mistakes in the past rather than a recent thing.

Yes people are biased.
Wizards too, very much so.
But I don't think that said bias necessarily affects genesis much these days.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Saimon
Wanderer

Post by Saimon » 07 Jul 2020 13:09

Wow, was it Amberlee or someone has hacked her account? So positive note! And I think there will not be too much players who will noy agree with her. It is really something new and refresh that allows think on positive way regarding future of Gen.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 07 Jul 2020 13:17

Saimon wrote:
07 Jul 2020 13:09
Wow, was it Amberlee or someone has hacked her account? So positive note! And I think there will not be too much players who will not agree with her. It is really something new and refresh that allows think on positive way regarding future of Gen.
Sarcasm appreciated.
Typos corrected!
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 09 Jul 2020 00:19

well i like to disagree...
Fire Knives is a guild that adds nothing to the realms.... because simply there are too many guilds waiting for a recode....
New guilds get this insane amount of power while old guilds with some nice lore gets ignored.

not blaming the wizards, its a game build on volunteers and i love it and so does everyone who reads this.
but yes kvator has a right to complain when his guild (same as rangers and monks) is forgotten while a new guild
arises.
I said it before, this guild wont grow because it has no soul
to let others killl someone we have another guild. So why put all this efford in this guild while rangers, kenders and monks
seriously need a good update?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 09 Jul 2020 01:23

gold bezie wrote:
09 Jul 2020 00:19
well i like to disagree...
Fire Knives is a guild that adds nothing to the realms.... because simply there are too many guilds waiting for a recode....
New guilds get this insane amount of power while old guilds with some nice lore gets ignored.

not blaming the wizards, its a game build on volunteers and i love it and so does everyone who reads this.
but yes kvator has a right to complain when his guild (same as rangers and monks) is forgotten while a new guild
arises.
I said it before, this guild wont grow because it has no soul
to let others killl someone we have another guild. So why put all this efford in this guild while rangers, kenders and monks
seriously need a good update?
Hello Goldbezie,

Neither kenders nor rangers are considered guilds on the 'evil' spectrum, so they could not compensate even if they were refurbished / recoded. Fk was created to increase evil occ melee options from 2 to 3, of a total of 2 figher guilds and 1 rogue guild, which is about half of what the 'good-aligned' guilds have (4 fighers, 1 rogue and 1 archer), a total of 6 'flavours' if you will.

So I disagree that FK don't add anything to the realms - they give 1 new evil rogue option, which I think was needed for the sake of game balance.

I wonder though, what makes you think these new guilds are so insanely powerful?

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 09 Jul 2020 14:47

Nerull wrote:
09 Jul 2020 01:23
... to increase evil occ melee options from 2 to 3, of a total of 2 figher guilds and 1 rogue guild, which is about half of what the 'good-aligned' guilds have (4 fighers, 1 rogue and 1 archer)
are we talking about the same game ? this is some funny counting

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 09 Jul 2020 15:28

Lets fact-proof the "evil occ melee options".

You said there were 2...
I guess you meant R+B DA's and AA.

But, they are not the only options for evil players.
I get it that those are the guilds that allows only for players to be evil. But that is not the same thing.

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 09 Jul 2020 15:29

Occ melee Guilds that often oppose eachother, factions:

Dragonarmies (2 divisions)
Army of Angmar
Fire Knives

vs

Rangers (2 divisions?)
Neidars
Knights of Solamnia
Archers
Calians
Kenders

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 09 Jul 2020 15:31

Archers aren't goodies... once they learned all their skills, they're neutral.

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 09 Jul 2020 15:34

Thalric wrote:
09 Jul 2020 15:31
Archers aren't goodies... once they learned all their skills, they're neutral.
So you can be damned and join the archers?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/