View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 12 Dec 2017 08:20

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Beast tamer poll 

What animal types should initially be included with the opening of the Beast Tamers?
Ursidae (e.g bear, panda, grizzly bear, polar bear) 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Canidae (e.g wolf, direwolf, arctic wolf, arctic fox, coyote, dog) 37%  37%  [ 22 ]
Felidae (e.g snow leopard, bobcat, mountain lion, panther) 20%  20%  [ 12 ]
Araneae (e.g giant spider, giant scorpion) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Amphibia (e.g giant varieties of toad, frog, salamander) 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Cervidae (e.g. caribou, elk, moose, mule, deer, stallion) 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Mustelidae (e.g wolverine, badger, honey badger) 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Reptilia (e.g giant varieties of lizard, turtle) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Suidae (e.g. boar, pig, swine) 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Other (any animal type we've missed?) 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 59

Beast tamer poll 
Author Message
Adept
User avatar

Joined: 06 Mar 2010 14:39
Posts: 140
Location: Behind your back
Cherek wrote:
21 votes for the already quite common wolf rider (since we got them in Genesis already) but NOBODY wants to ride a creepy-big scorpion or giant spider?! This smells fishy. Speaking of fish, wouldn't that be cool?
Code:
Cherek arrives riding a pink slippery salmon.

Of course, you'd be limited to rooms with oceans, rivers, lakes, etc, but it would still be pretty awesome!


I always wanted that in Genesis.
A lot more intresting code could be used by the game if the rooms had different terrain in them.
For example a ranger could be very stealthy in a forest, while in the streets of Sparkle he would not.
A thief on the other hand...

_________________
As an explorer, you have done enough to retire.


09 Oct 2017 11:14
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36
Posts: 2520
Mim wrote:
Cherek wrote:
21 votes for the already quite common wolf rider (since we got them in Genesis already) but NOBODY wants to ride a creepy-big scorpion or giant spider?! This smells fishy. Speaking of fish, wouldn't that be cool?
Code:
Cherek arrives riding a pink slippery salmon.

Of course, you'd be limited to rooms with oceans, rivers, lakes, etc, but it would still be pretty awesome!


I always wanted that in Genesis.
A lot more intresting code could be used by the game if the rooms had different terrain in them.
For example a ranger could be very stealthy in a forest, while in the streets of Sparkle he would not.
A thief on the other hand...


There exists a "terrain" variable in Genesis, but it's rarely (if ever?) used. One wizard had some really cool ideas for it though, sadly he disappeared. Perhaps he will return, or someone else will make something cool happen with terrains one day. I agree lots of fun things could be done with different terrains.


09 Oct 2017 14:59
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1362
Gief honeybadger. Angriest critter in the world, hell Lions stay away from it to some extent cause it aint backing down. It should be able to solo balrog :P


09 Oct 2017 17:04
Profile
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2015 03:18
Posts: 45
Cherek wrote:
Mim wrote:
Cherek wrote:
21 votes for the already quite common wolf rider (since we got them in Genesis already) but NOBODY wants to ride a creepy-big scorpion or giant spider?! This smells fishy. Speaking of fish, wouldn't that be cool?
Code:
Cherek arrives riding a pink slippery salmon.

Of course, you'd be limited to rooms with oceans, rivers, lakes, etc, but it would still be pretty awesome!


I always wanted that in Genesis.
A lot more intresting code could be used by the game if the rooms had different terrain in them.
For example a ranger could be very stealthy in a forest, while in the streets of Sparkle he would not.
A thief on the other hand...


There exists a "terrain" variable in Genesis, but it's rarely (if ever?) used. One wizard had some really cool ideas for it though, sadly he disappeared. Perhaps he will return, or someone else will make something cool happen with terrains one day. I agree lots of fun things could be done with different terrains.


Earthsea and I think Khalakhor both have terrain properties defined in every room thanks to an AoD from long ago. Other domains have something similar in one way or another. However, I think they're all mutually incompatible!

If we create a new or adopt a game wide standard here, I think the content would be best player sourced. Maybe we can have an event where players compete to mark terrains on the magic map? Would people be interested?


09 Oct 2017 19:07
Profile
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2014 13:03
Posts: 74
Location: US West
Ckrik wrote:
Earthsea and I think Khalakhor both have terrain properties defined in every room thanks to an AoD from long ago. Other domains have something similar in one way or another. However, I think they're all mutually incompatible!

If we create a new or adopt a game wide standard here, I think the content would be best player sourced. Maybe we can have an event where players compete to mark terrains on the magic map? Would people be interested?

I love this idea. Maybe have a <terrain terrain type> command with a list of arguments/variables so people don't start putting weird terrain descriptions or typos? Hmmm. This could get VERY interesting if there were advantages/disadvantages based on race, guild, club(?), etc....


09 Oct 2017 19:24
Profile
Adept
User avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2010 15:29
Posts: 118
Location: China
Makes me recall Gorboth's idea for a PVP instance zone with marshland to slow people down, I believe it was.

Also, I like the idea of a honey badger! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg


09 Oct 2017 23:34
Profile
Adept

Joined: 24 Jan 2016 21:27
Posts: 134
Some do that already :D

To the point, we will be able to "terrain arctic" for example? Can't it get messed up? :P

I'm all for it if it can be sorted out somehow!


10 Oct 2017 00:08
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.