Calians in crisis?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Maizara

Re: Calians in crisis?

Post by Maizara » 01 Jul 2010 11:16

Makfly wrote:
Rhaegar wrote:All sword users can get to Blademasters , goodie pole users can get to Militia, how can RDA enhance their offense?)
The RDA looking for a damage-focused layman can just join the Templars ofcourse.
A very obvious choice given their theme and all.
Or the Minotaurs or the Pirates or the Necromancers or the Dragon Order or the Aeria Worshippers.

And I had to come back and edit this post.

Rhynox:

Either you had some shitty Calians or some extremely smart ones or you really just didn't know what to look for. Calians are by far the most over powered guild in the game, hands down. Even if you were to bring the Vampires back I would still place a 100k plat bet on 5v5 with them against a team of vampires.

With the new Calian recode they were given several abilities which I really just want to plain list. Those abilities make them by far the best DPS/Tanks when in a team of 4+ of just Calians. Calians do hit and quite frequently those who think they dont need to check the stats of that player because they must be focusing on Wis and Int.

So yes they really can't solo shit, but the sheer amount of time it would take them to clear rooms is just amazing. The only reason people are not crying for nerfs is because of a few players within that guild who ruined it for all the others, the fact that most Calians end up being killed far before they are able to take off in levels and get tired of them and that our playerbase is low.

If ya'll thought the vamps were bad just wait and see.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 01 Jul 2010 12:07

Just goes to show throwing skills at a guild doesn't sort it out.

I saw the new stuff fighting a few.
At first I was thinking ohh militia, then hmm NO hes a blademaster WTF!
I think on top of move behind (protected for an amount of time like it is) it is a bit much...
But yeah let em have their fun and when they start destroying all the evils tone it down.

That is exactly why I said that on seeing a team of 5 "new" calians had me immediately thinking
"I know I am an enemy but how likely are these chumps to care?! Best not board any boats just in case." :twisted:

The likes of Tristram had the best of both worlds.
The goodie skills which are more than they let the wicked playerkilling evils (not in elite guilds) get their hands on.
And got away with being as aggressive as any wicked evul ever was.
He should join the niggets, they still seem cool with that. :P
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 01 Jul 2010 12:16

Maizara wrote:
Makfly wrote:
Rhaegar wrote:All sword users can get to Blademasters , goodie pole users can get to Militia, how can RDA enhance their offense?)
The RDA looking for a damage-focused layman can just join the Templars ofcourse.
A very obvious choice given their theme and all.
Or the Minotaurs or the Pirates or the Necromancers or the Dragon Order or the Aeria Worshippers.

You calling the pirates a damage option? :P None of those even comes close to the damage the militia impale does.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 01 Jul 2010 12:26

Pirates are more of a defensive option than offensive, the same goes for Necromancers in case of most RDAs. DO layman is rather laughable and when it comes to Worshippers then Diabrecho is the way to go, not Aeria (I won't go into any details here as not to reveal too much guild info).
And I didn't list Templars (or any of the above guilds for that matter) as none of them is 'polearm exclusive' like the Militia. Also, maybe except Necromancers, none of this guilds come close to the damage output Militia gives you (what was mentioned earlier).

Seriously, who thought about the idea of taking RDA impale (with all the benefits of auto-impale and stuff), changing the hit descriptions and putting it into a goodie only layman? I guess that it would be only fair to make evil only guild, that would offer swarm and move behind at superior journeyman. Also polearm exclusive.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Maizara

Post by Maizara » 01 Jul 2010 12:52

Rhaegar wrote:Pirates are more of a defensive option than offensive, the same goes for Necromancers in case of most RDAs. DO layman is rather laughable and when it comes to Worshippers then Diabrecho is the way to go, not Aeria (I won't go into any details here as not to reveal too much guild info).
And I didn't list Templars (or any of the above guilds for that matter) as none of them is 'polearm exclusive' like the Militia. Also, maybe except Necromancers, none of this guilds come close to the damage output Militia gives you (what was mentioned earlier).

Seriously, who thought about the idea of taking RDA impale (with all the benefits of auto-impale and stuff), changing the hit descriptions and putting it into a goodie only layman? I guess that it would be only fair to make evil only guild, that would offer swarm and move behind at superior journeyman. Also polearm exclusive.
Alright so Pirates and Necros were a stretch :P

DO and Aeria are quite good if you know how to use them right, and Diabrecho is for chumps. (I still love you all) Finally I was pretty sure Mino's were the most powerful layman I could be wrong maybe BM's are higher.

But yes none are guild specific, the Militia was created for the Rangers ofc.

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 01 Jul 2010 13:00

Whether the militia is "good work" and the balance of it I will not go into. I just see a very long list of wrong assumptions on the effectiveness of certain guilds. The Militia was not created with the rangers in mind in particular though... back then there were no layman fighter options for us small polearm wielding Calians - not to mention all those polearm happy monks of that time?

And - Calians - are a great guild, ability wise, if you bother getting a group of experienced Calians together that know what theyre doing. (There is far between those though).
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 01 Jul 2010 14:47

Rhaegar wrote:Seriously, who thought about the idea of taking RDA impale (with all the benefits of auto-impale and stuff), changing the hit descriptions and putting it into a goodie only layman?
i wonder.. have you seen the code or are you trying to be a smartass?
besides, i think they are also OCC guild (not that it matters:P)

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 01 Jul 2010 15:02

hektor wrote:The Militia was not created with the rangers in mind in particular though... back then there were no layman fighter options for us small polearm wielding Calians - not to mention all those polearm happy monks of that time?
From what I understand, it was created with the Secret Society in mind, not the Calians, to boost their dodge and slinging.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 01 Jul 2010 15:03

*cough* bouncing *cough*
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 01 Jul 2010 15:42

Tive wrote:
Rhaegar wrote:Seriously, who thought about the idea of taking RDA impale (with all the benefits of auto-impale and stuff), changing the hit descriptions and putting it into a goodie only layman?
i wonder.. have you seen the code or are you trying to be a smartass?
besides, i think they are also OCC guild (not that it matters:P)
They can be joined as OCC or LAY (no difference in skills offered). And I didn't really have to see the code, the skill you're training there is called 'impale' and you get the auto-impale stuff there.
I'm not saying it's exactly the same code (as there are minor differences with the special, it's restrictions etc.) but the special and its workings are extremely similar to RDA's impale. Coincidence?
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/