Knights and Horses recode

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Knights Horses able to climb cliffs etc.

It's not the way the "problem" should have been addressed.
46%
It's fine its obviously a workaround, stop complaining.
38%
No Opinion, you just wasted 2 minutes of my life I will never get back!
17%

Total votes: 24

Earth
Great Adventurer

Re: Knights and Horses recode

Post by Earth » 09 Jul 2010 01:55

Tarax the Terrible wrote:that it was intentionally changed to be less realistic.
If they can send the horse away and call it back, why make them stick to them as well? :?
Calling for realism seems a little bit wierd to me. Genesis is a fantasy realm after all. Magic exists in this realm. You can be roasted by a fireball or eat a single herb for fire protected and not be harmed at all. Drinking alcohol heals you faster. For that matter, being "barely alive" and still manage to swing a weapon in effective combat.

I think that it would be unrealistic that a single individual could fight a huge fire/ice/electricity/poison breathing dragon with a melee weapon. Its simply a matter of what the players in the realm are "used to".

In terms of changes to the knights, those in the guild made some suggestions on how things could be improved, and we asked for a whole list of things, including some changes to the horses. Of course, we didn't get everything we asked for (like the ability to use saddlebags on steeds), but we definiately appreciate the changes that the guildmasters made for us in the recode.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 09 Jul 2010 11:11

On another note, I do think horse meat is great for making sausages...

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 14 Jul 2010 04:38

Earth wrote:
Tarax the Terrible wrote:that it was intentionally changed to be less realistic.
If they can send the horse away and call it back, why make them stick to them as well? :?
Calling for realism seems a little bit wierd to me. Genesis is a fantasy realm after all. Magic exists in this realm. You can be roasted by a fireball or eat a single herb for fire protected and not be harmed at all. Drinking alcohol heals you faster. For that matter, being "barely alive" and still manage to swing a weapon in effective combat.

I think that it would be unrealistic that a single individual could fight a huge fire/ice/electricity/poison breathing dragon with a melee weapon. Its simply a matter of what the players in the realm are "used to".

In terms of changes to the knights, those in the guild made some suggestions on how things could be improved, and we asked for a whole list of things, including some changes to the horses. Of course, we didn't get everything we asked for (like the ability to use saddlebags on steeds), but we definiately appreciate the changes that the guildmasters made for us in the recode.
Your other examples are "realistic" by blending various fantasy genres and the "rules" for making a game of it.
It is as you say what we expect and/or are used to.

Just like Pegasus is a well known flying horse.

On the saddlebags, that sucks.. People not paying any tax are able to use saddlebags on the bree nags.
One rule for all would seem fair.

But then again maybe it was for "realism" and knights didn't load down their steeds when going into combat?
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 14 Jul 2010 12:13

Hopefully they will do just like with the rack issue...
Code a global mount with all the standard functionality, and then if any guild are paying tax for it, they can get to use them in combat like the knights.

Have all kinds of different mount codes just seem silly and antiquated like the racks issue.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Onton
Wanderer

Post by Onton » 14 Jul 2010 22:19

Makfly wrote:Hopefully they will do just like with the rack issue...
Code a global mount with all the standard functionality, and then if any guild are paying tax for it, they can get to use them in combat like the knights.

Have all kinds of different mount codes just seem silly and antiquated like the racks issue.
Hear, hear!

But I don't think teleportation should be standard functionality.. Maybe it could be explained for flying creatures..

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 15 Jul 2010 22:41

Yes it seems odd that anyone can fight just as they normally would from horseback...
When combat from horseback should be flashing sabres, charges with lances and not much else.
WoTMud had a nice charge skill warriors could use but only to start the fight.

And only the knights code included the chance for being knocked off.

Globalisation is the answer.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/