Guild titles etc

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Freya

Guild titles etc

Post by Freya » 18 Jul 2010 15:10

After reading Budwise's post in another thread, where he complained about having reached all
the maximum titles in his guilds and felt he did not have anything to struggle/reach for anymore.
(Or did I missunderstand you Bud?)

Anyhow, what I was thinking was, how about letting mortals create their own titles?
Or rather, let the guild council/leaders set it up ?

I know this is do-able, since one of my former guilds had this setup, where the guildleader
was able to create new titles and decide what the lvl for each title should be.

Perhaps it could be possible to copy the setup up my former guild and meld it into other
guilds as well? Of course this would require common sense and people not abusing it, but
I do think letting guilds govern their own title system would be fun for those involved.

Instead of having 10 titles to go through, you could instead have 20 titles or 30,
let the guilds members get creative and have a contest in each guild or something.

Cause lets face it, when a wizard codes a guild, in many cases the titles are the last thing
they add to the guild they are not always super creative with the titles ;)

Letting the players in the guild create their own titles will for sure make it more intresting
and I am certain that a guild of people will for sure come up with a bunch of cool titles!

Anyone buying into this idea or is it just me who like this kind of setup ?

cotillion
Site Admin

Re: Guild titles etc

Post by cotillion » 18 Jul 2010 17:14

Guild titles is a pretty dead concept.

For them to mean anything guild stat would have to be fixed.
That's not likely to happen.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 18 Jul 2010 17:22

Those new titles should be added on top of the maximum guild title (since some guilds have restrictions on members that are lifted whenever they reach certain guild titles, like in the neidar case). However, wizards already used the best adjectives for the biggest titles (Mythical Hero, for example), so what would the players choose? Cosmical Hero? Ultra Man? Infinite Master?

I would instead either add a "bottomless guild item" or modify the current guild item to continue changing on experience. For example, the smith necklace's maximum level is mithril, but nobody has ever reached it (unless Padraig did with all his dying/recovering). I have been member for ten years and are still one level below the maximum. I always complained that the necklace should show your proficiency with forging and not your experience obtained (since that is already shown with the titles), but if this is what Budwise wants wizards could, for example, change the medallion to get a new adjective, like shining, brilliant, etc. For some guild items that aren't shown, wizards could give a new guild item. Or just let characters buy some ring, collar or earring at a shop that only counts experience.

fulgrim
Apprentice

Post by fulgrim » 18 Jul 2010 17:48

I want to be ULTIMATE CAPSLOCK MASTER OFF ANGMAR GILD!!!!!!!!!

Freya

Post by Freya » 19 Jul 2010 13:20

cotillion wrote:Guild titles is a pretty dead concept.

*Note censored after request by wizard*

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 20 Jul 2010 08:38

Freya wrote:After reading Budwise's post in another thread, where he complained about having reached all
the maximum titles in his guilds and felt he did not have anything to struggle/reach for anymore.
(Or did I missunderstand you Bud?)
Not so much complaining as offering a reason for people botting from my own perspective.
(And to quell any misunderstandings and a nasty visit from Gorboth I don't use a client or bot.
I tried a client years ago but it made moving around slower. If I'm inattentive on a big team
thats out grinding its probably because I fell asleep from counting all those cows/trolls/fluffy killer bunnies.)

I'm sure we could pester our guildmaster for a reworked title system if we felt strongly about it.

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 20 Jul 2010 09:09

cotillion wrote:Guild titles is a pretty dead concept.

I am not sure what this means exactly...how is the guild stat broken?

Otherwise I think this is an excellent idea and I am not sure they have to "mean anything" anyways. Just be new titles....

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 20 Jul 2010 10:59

I love when it's A (guild stat) + B (other stats) + C (other, like activity or general guild exp?)

it's implemented already to some extent so it IS possible ;)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 Jul 2010 23:51

Guild titles is a dead concept? Eh? Who is the judge of that?:)

I always thought guild titles are fun and like to see them evolve, and I think Freya's idea was excellent.

What does that has to do with guild stat etc?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/