Penalty for leaving guilds etc

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Freya

Penalty for leaving guilds etc

Post by Freya » 27 Jul 2010 21:57

Seems like there's no global "standard" for when you leave guilds, some layman guilds costs more than occupational guilds to leave, some you leave for free etc.

Anyone else think it could be worth making a global change so all guilds cost approx the same to leave?

Also to make it recovery is given no matter what guild you leave for example.

Also, having layman guilds that are more costly to leave than occupational guilds seems pretty lame to me, it should be 50% of leaving a occ guild(or hell why not make it free). Let people be able to switch things up a lil bit on the layman side, seing how people now stay in guilds they are not enjoying playing just cause they feel recovery will take too much effort to be worth it!

Or maybe I'm the only who feels this is a problem, where some guilds cost 0 to leave, when some costs a death, doesnt really seem fair to me.

And yeah I know some of you will argue saying not all guilds should be free to leave, but on the other hand I think all guilds should have some penalty for leaving, wether its xp or skills or whatever I don't really care, just annoys me some guilds are free to leave and some are so costly...

Whininly yours,

Rhynox
Titan

Re: Penalty for leaving guilds etc

Post by Rhynox » 27 Jul 2010 22:56

Didn't we discuss this somewhere else? I remember posting a reply to a pretty similar question by you. I find it odd that certain guilds have death penalties being layman, while others are free to leave being occupational, just like you...

Freya

Post by Freya » 27 Jul 2010 22:58

Rhynox wrote:Didn't we discuss this somewhere else? I remember posting a reply to a pretty similar question by you. I find it odd that certain guilds have death penalties being layman, while others are free to leave being occupational, just like you...

Heh, yeah I think we did, my bad :p

I find it weird that some guilds have 0 penalty though, either all should have a penalty or all should be able to leave the guild for free(set up with diffrent scenarios/requirements depending on what guild etc).

Layman guilds should be free to join though, or have a very low penalty at least.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 28 Jul 2010 00:40

I gotta disagree. I dont see the point of making everything the same. Its alot of that going on, everything should be the same and "fair". Well, gotta watch it so it wont get boring.

I find it pretty natural that there are different penalties in different guilds. Like betraying the dark queen comes with a severe penalty. As a gladiator you can buy your freedom. Mercenaries are hired blades without common cause, they can come and leave as they please. Makes perfect sense to me.

Perhaps there are some "unfair" ones that doesnt make sense out there, I dont know, but I like diversity in layman guilds too. Some are free to join free to leave, some require application, some arent free to leave, depending on their theme mostly. SOme layman require deeper bonds to someone or something, its not strange leaving comes with a penalty. Not deciding to be a blademaster, thats just your own choice, so no need for penalty.

I like the uniqueness, and I am a little worried of all the talk about giving all guilds similar abilities, similar penalty etc.

But... I do understand you. It is annoying to die when leaving a guild, but I think it would be very odd from an RP perspective if you could just sign up to serve paladine or the dark queen or a secret society of some type and then just leave. I think it takes away the feeling of importance of the guild actually. Come and go as you please fits some guilds, some dont. Imho.

Freya

Post by Freya » 28 Jul 2010 03:43

Cherek wrote:I gotta disagree. I dont see the point of making everything the same. Its alot of that going on, everything should be the same and "fair". Well, gotta watch it so it wont get boring.

I find it pretty natural that there are different penalties in different guilds. Like betraying the dark queen comes with a severe penalty. As a gladiator you can buy your freedom. Mercenaries are hired blades without common cause, they can come and leave as they please. Makes perfect sense to me.

Perhaps there are some "unfair" ones that doesnt make sense out there, I dont know, but I like diversity in layman guilds too. Some are free to join free to leave, some require application, some arent free to leave, depending on their theme mostly. SOme layman require deeper bonds to someone or something, its not strange leaving comes with a penalty. Not deciding to be a blademaster, thats just your own choice, so no need for penalty.

I like the uniqueness, and I am a little worried of all the talk about giving all guilds similar abilities, similar penalty etc.

But... I do understand you. It is annoying to die when leaving a guild, but I think it would be very odd from an RP perspective if you could just sign up to serve paladine or the dark queen or a secret society of some type and then just leave. I think it takes away the feeling of importance of the guild actually. Come and go as you please fits some guilds, some dont. Imho.

I am not saying exact same for all, but at least in the same ball park. Right now its nowhere near that, some older guilds have old penalties for leaving and some got new ones.

I just think its lame that some people can switch guilds by just giving up some coin, or in some cases(rangers for example)you dont lose a thing. Same goes for a couple of layman guilds, some
take as much as occupational guilds, then you have a handful that costs nothing to leave.

I just think introducing a global change were all have approx the same to leave would be more fair.

And as for "betraying the dark queen" or what not, its an army, and just like in real life people serve well and gets rewarded with an honourable discharge, while some get quite to opposite.

I just think there should be more guilds out there with the option to retire members of the guild for long and loyal service. Cause I honestly think it could benefit both the active players but also the people who login once a month to check mails feeling stuck in their guild, if they feel that they can retire without a penalty from their guild after years of service, cause lets face it , the game isnt all new and flashy, its the same ol' thing more or less, people need variety to keep themself intrested I believe.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 28 Jul 2010 09:11

1 - hell yeah! recode Rangers (after even more seconds joined them, cause after all we don't know what the joining process will be after recode)

2 - so what guilds are you heading now, Freya? :twisted:

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 28 Jul 2010 10:50

Freya wrote:Also to make it recovery is given no matter what guild you leave for example.
I think we already have that.
From the common board:
Gorboth wrote: Esteemed fellow Genesis enthusiasts,

Thanks to Mercade, it is now official that *any* circumstance that causes
you to lose experience, be it by death, leaving your guild, or otherwise,
will from henceforth trigger death recovery-like potential for regrowth.

Thanks to those who have been courteous and patient with issues they have
experienced!

G.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/