ScoP closure /Opening of Walkers?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Maizara

Re: ScoP closure /Opening of Walkers?

Post by Maizara » 15 Aug 2010 21:54

Cherek wrote:Why do we "need" a neutral OCC caster I wonder? Then we will have 2 evils, 1 neutral and 0 good.
Good guys dont get anything were completely over powered as it is. *enter sarcasm*

Oh wait we have the Heralds!

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 15 Aug 2010 22:14

Makfly wrote:It sure would be nice to have an occupational caster guild in the game, that is neutral and not surrounded by all the BS that the current ones.
Not to mention, having another guild that does not have the same old people sitting on the same leadership positions for ages.

With that said..
I hope that the "new" elemental walkers elect a new council from new players when the time comes.
Not that the old SCOP council inherits the positions and sit there enforcing old rules.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 15 Aug 2010 23:06

My biggest concern about the new guild is the new people joining it.

It was my understanding SCOP was being closed down and a new guild was being opened. Why should the members of SC be privy to getting transfers of guild stat over and holding positions as council members instantly. Have you as wizards (I direct this at the Arches) kept this nature of transferring guild stat and council positions consistent or is this the first time you are doing it.

Because as far as I know in the guilds that have closed you have never done this before. I'd love to join the guild with a character down the road but I won't do so if it turns into what the SC has become, which it will if the same people are leaders and no one else is ever given a chance to step up in the guild.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 15 Aug 2010 23:12

Ilrahil: You didnt read Gorboth's post at all?

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 15 Aug 2010 23:53

Cherek wrote:Rhaegar: You're not making any sense... what rumours? We already have a newbie spellcaster free to join guild. Its not a rumour. Its fact...
Dude, Academy is like Cadets, but with spells instead of combat. What I'm talking about is a fully fledged OCC guild, separate from worshippers. Like someone else put it nicely: Magical Mercenaries.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 16 Aug 2010 00:26

Yeah I know Rhaeger. Oh never mind. Something went wrong in our communication somewhere. You listed academy like it was a rumour of something to come...

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 16 Aug 2010 01:53

Maizara wrote:Your putting down a guild that has yet to even open, you have no idea how its going to be run. Basing them off how the Scops are is just shit, the Scops were set up to be non neutral, the Elementals are not. Again several evil characters are allowed and have joined the Elementals in the past and present.
Dude, I know this. I've been there, done that.

I am not basing anything on SCoP, I am basing my comments on what else is written in this thread, and I hope that the wizard responsible for coding this new OCC caster guild, might read the thread, and reconsider. (should have others have mentioned earlier be the current plan).
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 16 Aug 2010 02:02

Last edited by Alorrana on 31 Aug 2010 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Anahita
Adventurer

Post by Anahita » 16 Aug 2010 03:43

Kinda bums me out to see all the hate here against the SCoP. There are a lot of assumptions that aren't really true.

I can only speak for myself, but here goes:
- I'm pretty darn positive that input from non-EW and SCoP is welcome on the Immortals side
- The Immortals are the ultimate "deciders" on what this will look like, not SCoP or EW
- I don't think the SCoP was ever perfect and I'd be disappointed if we end up with a carbon copy in the new guild
- I always thought the SCoP should be fully neutral, but lost that argument (see point #2). Though its the "Spirit" branch that skews that too, and if you look at all Genesis as a whole, anti-undead for Spirit makes sense.
- There needs to be a strong RP element in the guild to make it fun and that means *some* structure IMHO
- I'm rather fond of the idea of majority rule when it comes to how a guild is run and will work to support that in the new guild, whether council or not.

Freya

Post by Freya » 16 Aug 2010 04:35

Anahita wrote:Kinda bums me out to see all the hate here against the SCoP. There are a lot of assumptions that aren't really true.

I can only speak for myself, but here goes:
- I'm pretty darn positive that input from non-EW and SCoP is welcome on the Immortals side
- The Immortals are the ultimate "deciders" on what this will look like, not SCoP or EW
- I don't think the SCoP was ever perfect and I'd be disappointed if we end up with a carbon copy in the new guild
- I always thought the SCoP should be fully neutral, but lost that argument (see point #2). Though its the "Spirit" branch that skews that too, and if you look at all Genesis as a whole, anti-undead for Spirit makes sense.
- There needs to be a strong RP element in the guild to make it fun and that means *some* structure IMHO
- I'm rather fond of the idea of majority rule when it comes to how a guild is run and will work to support that in the new guild, whether council or not.

Seing how you've been away for the game for years, you are obviously not really up to date of what the guild has progresed into I would say.

As for the talk of ScoP being neutral etc, seing how they have an anti evil spell that arguement doesnt really fly... Not to mention, if you let the current leadership take control over the new guild,
can you honestly say that any of you out there believe the new guild will be anything but a carbon copy of the old one?

The guild was created out of the ashes of the old Walker guild with the people in charge wanting to take a strike at the undead population of the game(Mages and Vamps)with one of these two groups gone, question is do we really need a new "crusade-against-other-faction" type of guild in the game?

I just hope this new guild that comes out will not have the flaws SCoP had when they opened/were recoded over the years, with spells lacking the proper checks for AC/Magic resistance/etc.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/