ScoP closure /Opening of Walkers?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Freya

ScoP closure /Opening of Walkers?

Post by Freya » 14 Aug 2010 18:14

So with rumours of the recodes coming along nicely, and hearing the usual gossip
of whats going to be introduced and what not, I thought I'd ask the wizards a question.

With ScoP closing down, and the Elementals occ(still called Walkers as the last time?)
I was curious, are the members of ScoP going to be allowed to transfer over or will
they have to do as everyone else and apply and all that?

And if they are allowed to transer over to the guild, will ScoP members take up
all the positions of power/control?

And what about their guildxp, will they have it wiped clean or will they be allowed
to transfer it over to this "new" guild?

And sure I know this is really not any of my business, but it would be intresting
to see how the Admin handles these kind of things, I for one am curious whats going
to happend, and perhaps other people out there are as well?

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: ScoP closure /Opening of Walkers?

Post by gorboth » 14 Aug 2010 19:30

Freya wrote:So with rumours of the recodes coming along nicely, and hearing the usual gossip
of whats going to be introduced and what not, I thought I'd ask the wizards a question.

With ScoP closing down, and the Elementals occ(still called Walkers as the last time?)
I was curious, are the members of ScoP going to be allowed to transfer over or will
they have to do as everyone else and apply and all that?

And if they are allowed to transer over to the guild, will ScoP members take up
all the positions of power/control?

And what about their guildxp, will they have it wiped clean or will they be allowed
to transfer it over to this "new" guild?

And sure I know this is really not any of my business, but it would be intresting
to see how the Admin handles these kind of things, I for one am curious whats going
to happend, and perhaps other people out there are as well?

Freya, these are reasonable questions. Your reasons for asking them are unclear, but I will assume the best and respond as if your intentions are pure. (they are, right?) :-)

There have been many guild closures, reopenings, recodings, etc in the history of Genesis. Some have been total conversions as when Mylos' version of the Vampires was closed for years, and then recoded by Shiva. In those cases, players were naturally required to completely start from scratch.

Other precedents exist, such as the recode of the Morgul Mages nearly ten years ago, where members were given the option to leave penalty free if they desired, but were allowed to remain if they wished during the period of transition.

The recent recode of the Mercenary Guild was a total conversion, and in fact creating a completely new guild with the name and general theme of the old. In this case, the members of the old guild were (and still are) allowed to transfer membership to the new guild to keep their guildstat intact.

The recodes of all of the occupational guilds (Dragonarmies, Calians, Knights, Niedar, Gladiators, etc) have been done in such a way that the guilds did not close at all, and guildstat remained the same for existing players.

The ScoP will be given a total conversion, similar to what the Mercenary guild was given. As such, it may be that they are allowed to "transfer membership" in the same way, keeping their guildstat. It is less certain whether they will be allowed to keep their ranks and council structure intact. That will be a question we will need to explore as the time comes.

Thank you, drive through.
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Freya

Post by Freya » 14 Aug 2010 19:57

Well reason why I asked was because I was curious what direction the new guild would have.
If it were to be a second version of ScoP just with a wider arrange of abilities or if it
would become a new guild completely.

Personally I would say the most fair thing would be for everyone to start from scratch
status wise in the new guild, seing how if you give the old leaders the power it will
just turn into a copy of the old guild, with new leadership and new faces to run things
perhaps it will instead turn into a more open guild whom can be enjoyed by more people.

Cause lets face it, ScoP has had issues with getting their members to stay active(just like
PoT has had)and while a lot of that has been due to the global decline in activity but also
because members have not been completely happy with the leaders of the guilds.

If the current members are to stay in control of the new guild, I would think that limiting
that power only if they stayed in the Spirit branch of the new guild(or whatever its called)
and letting new people/everyone get a fair chance of getting into one of the branches and progress
in the guild feeling they have a shot at requiring a position of power.

As for asking of guildstat etc, I was just curious, as it seemed like this new Elementals Occ
guild was a completely new guild, one would think that the guilds members should start from
scratch(while I understand that the current ScoP members dont like that idea)I believe it would
be the best thing for the game as a whole, otherwise the guild will just be viewed as ScoP 2.0
with same leaders and people in power positions.

But I guess we will see what happends once they open, lets hope it brings in some new/old faces
into the game.

On a sidenote, I am curious on how the magic system recode is going? Would be nice to hear what kind
of ideas the Admin has had and what kind of changes they are introducing.

From my own experience with spellcasters(having been one and fought most of them)I am curious how the casting spells while taking hits will be re-worked, as the current system is immensely flawed.

Are we to expect magic users to be what they are today, where you see them running around grinding
like everyone else or are we going back to the old ways, were a spellcaster always needed a tank to
be able to take out anything big thats hitting on them?

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 14 Aug 2010 21:18

gorboth wrote: Freya, these are reasonable questions. Your reasons for asking them are unclear, but I will assume the best and respond as if your intentions are pure. (they are, right?) :-)
...and I have a bridge to sell you.

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Maizara

Post by Maizara » 14 Aug 2010 21:55

Freya wrote:Well reason why I asked was because I was curious what direction the new guild would have.
If it were to be a second version of ScoP just with a wider arrange of abilities or if it
would become a new guild completely.

Personally I would say the most fair thing would be for everyone to start from scratch
status wise in the new guild, seing how if you give the old leaders the power it will
just turn into a copy of the old guild, with new leadership and new faces to run things
perhaps it will instead turn into a more open guild whom can be enjoyed by more people.

Cause lets face it, ScoP has had issues with getting their members to stay active(just like
PoT has had)and while a lot of that has been due to the global decline in activity but also
because members have not been completely happy with the leaders of the guilds.

If the current members are to stay in control of the new guild, I would think that limiting
that power only if they stayed in the Spirit branch of the new guild(or whatever its called)
and letting new people/everyone get a fair chance of getting into one of the branches and progress
in the guild feeling they have a shot at requiring a position of power.

As for asking of guildstat etc, I was just curious, as it seemed like this new Elementals Occ
guild was a completely new guild, one would think that the guilds members should start from
scratch(while I understand that the current ScoP members dont like that idea)I believe it would
be the best thing for the game as a whole, otherwise the guild will just be viewed as ScoP 2.0
with same leaders and people in power positions.

But I guess we will see what happends once they open, lets hope it brings in some new/old faces
into the game.
No.

The Elementals themselves are basically getting an upgrade to OCC so that there is a Neutral Clerical Guild within the Realms. Secondly the Scops are apart of the Five already and are basically just being merged back into the Elementals where they should be. So it's not really a new guild just a merge and big upgrade with a new name.

From my understanding (I could be wrong) those who are already Council will hold that position and a vote will take place afterwards just so we have people in power to review new applicants and until all the kinks are worked out. Anyone wishing to hold a Council position is more then welcome to join and take part, long as they understand the rules and ways of the Elements. Applicants have been turned away because they didn't understand the ways or show even a slight interest in wanting to understand them.

And most people went inactive within the Scops not because of the leaders but because they were:

1. Too lazy

2. Found out just how underpowered a Hero Scop is

3. Didn't like not being able to grind as fast

There will be no one branch that the Scops will be forced to go into, if Hektor decides that he doesn't want to be a Devotee of Psuchae anymore when the time comes he can very well switch to Pyros.

As for leaders well... tough shit. Lot's of people don't like guild leaders many people (Myself Included) have complained about some of them for years. You deal with it or move on.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 14 Aug 2010 23:10

Will they be REALLY neutral or "neutral"?

With the current SCOP as leaders they will most likelly be "neutral" so to speak as there are no evils in the balance it out. Imo toss someone evil in there aswell to get some balance in the place.

Maizara

Post by Maizara » 14 Aug 2010 23:39

Draugor wrote:Will they be REALLY neutral or "neutral"?

With the current SCOP as leaders they will most likelly be "neutral" so to speak as there are no evils in the balance it out. Imo toss someone evil in there aswell to get some balance in the place.
There are quite a few evils within the Elementals actually. They are not the Scops.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 15 Aug 2010 01:38

The new Elementalist guild was announced as a free-to-join caster equivalent of the Mercenary guild...So what's all this talk about people holding council positions and stuff?

Is this the players wishful thinking or is this really how the new neutral caster guild is going to be run? (as in, like every other caster guild in the game, by a few select people that like to keep their toy "exclusive")

I thought it was a pretty nice piece of news when I heard of this new free-to-join caster guild, so hopefully it is still the plan for it?
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Maizara

Post by Maizara » 15 Aug 2010 02:58

Makfly wrote:The new Elementalist guild was announced as a free-to-join caster equivalent of the Mercenary guild...So what's all this talk about people holding council positions and stuff?

Is this the players wishful thinking or is this really how the new neutral caster guild is going to be run? (as in, like every other caster guild in the game, by a few select people that like to keep their toy "exclusive")

I thought it was a pretty nice piece of news when I heard of this new free-to-join caster guild, so hopefully it is still the plan for it?
They were?

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 15 Aug 2010 04:23

Yes they were, and, No, they weren't. OCC will not be free to join, but I will allow Petros to explain the Structure if he wishes, I am not sure what is allowed to be shared at present.

Windemere

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/