ScoP closure /Opening of Walkers?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Maizara

Re: ScoP closure /Opening of Walkers?

Post by Maizara » 16 Aug 2010 18:35

Freya wrote:
Rhynox wrote:The Spirit Circle is as neutral as were the vampires.

Thats not really true is it.

Look at vamps members when they closed we had former knights/neidars/rangers/scop, sure there were a few former DA's/MM's/SU's/DO's etc, but all in all vamps were open to pretty much any alignment.

And while you love to paint vamps out as evil , fact is vamps warred against both MM and PoT in the past, hardly somethiing you see many truly "evil" guilds do is it ?
PoT did other then that no other guild has the power to stand up to the MM's like the Vampires did.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 16 Aug 2010 18:38

Technically, the vampires and the Spirit Circle accept(ed) members of any alignment. Therefore, they were neutral from the game point of view. It is the members who decide whether they are truly neutral, evil or good. Sure, the vampires fought the mages and the priests, but the priests also fought the mages and that won't make them more neutral or goodies than what they are now, evil.

The Spirit Circle concept (alignment doesn't care, only whether you are alive or not) doesn't really fit Genesis. We determine alignment in a simple scale, but when you need create a undead hunting guild, there is no way to say "this undead is more undead than that undead" unless you use something like alignment. And truly speaking, over 95% of the undeads are evil, including all the mages who are forced to. Therefore, it wouldn't make sense to have a spell that would do damage to good undeads because they effectively don't fit the undead characters in Genesis. However, I have asked why they couldn't mirror the system. That is, attacking a undead that is damned with their spell would do as much damage as attacking a undead that is holy, while attacking a undead that is neutral would do virtually no damage.

It is not that just, but it is the best that can be done with a system that doesn't even consider morality in its alignment scale.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 16 Aug 2010 20:54

Lets be honest here,

Only one undead guild left in Genesis...and they are Evil.

Windemere

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 16 Aug 2010 22:42

Ok, let's be honest here. Why the only UD guild left is the one with quite a lot of power, yet they're OCC only and have a subservient guild they can easily join to fill in the usual weakness of a caster guild (ie: AA layman with sup guru smash...). How come all other "dedicated" guilds like PoT, ScoP etc. are OCC+LAY, but this one is OCC only and sporting power comparable if not greater than the others?

I really hope to find some justice in the re-code that awaits them.

Either make them OCC+LAY like all the others, or let PoT become Templars and give the new elementals Cadet donk.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Iliana
Wanderer

Post by Iliana » 17 May 2011 21:28

Greetings from the newest member of the SCoP. I don't claim any knowledge of the recode, new code, miscode, whatever you want to call it. It is my understanding of the servants of Psuchae that the undead are the only enemies, because they are outside the cycle of creation etc.

So we have no issues with BDA, RDA, PoT, AA, etc. unless they are necromancers because of the tampering with dead/undead they do . Ok so if you are a BDA templar, I as an SCoP have no issue with you at all. Now if you act like I jerk I might not want to travel with you or talk to you, but that has to do with you being a jerk, not your occupation.

Personally, I hope to continue as a servant of Psuchae in the new temple, even if this means I have to reapply, take a demotion to Child again or whatever. I would even be happy to have my alignment changed to neutral and told it has to to stay within two to three levels either direction to stay in the guild. As far as I am concerned, all undead npcs could be made neutral so they dont effect my alignment at all.

So lets see how it all pans out in the end, make suggestions, propose ideas, be constructive rather than assuming the worst, predicting doom and accusing what does not exist yet.

Just my two cents.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 01 Jul 2011 20:30

Rhaegar wrote:Ok, let's be honest here. Why the only UD guild left is the one with quite a lot of power, yet they're OCC only and have a subservient guild they can easily join to fill in the usual weakness of a caster guild (ie: AA layman with sup guru smash...). How come all other "dedicated" guilds like PoT, ScoP etc. are OCC+LAY, but this one is OCC only and sporting power comparable if not greater than the others?

I really hope to find some justice in the re-code that awaits them.

Either make them OCC+LAY like all the others, or let PoT become Templars and give the new elementals Cadet donk.
I heard PoT had the option but didn't want it.
I think for MM it probably dates back to the time when smiths were a Lay guild and many were MM + smiths as it was a good RP fit for many and gave them a little extra utility with weapons.

MM RP is so arrogant by nature that they shun most laymans.

But it makes sense for them to be able to join AA from a RP theme since AA was lead by the Witch King.
And the Nazgul in the books were skilled in melee combat. Even two handed with sword and dagger.
Plus the famous mace fight at the Pelannor fields.

So I would say perhaps limit them to a new branch of AA, allowing a title and sword or club skills.
And remove shield use, add penalty for casting while wearing one same for SCoP PoT.
ie
Make the shadow form not work for SCoP if wearing a shield, and sometimes fail to cast past it.
PoT 25% fail to grasp their medallion without a free hand.

But give them all the skills they don't care about shield.

PoT should get a defensive special similar to Ariakas imo.

One thing I would definitely enhance/fix for SC is make their fire and forget xxxx's attackable so they can be destroyed if discovered before the heat of battle.
Then perhaps you would have to say the same of MM's similar xxxxx's, but you do not see those created in such great numbers or left unattended nearly as much.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 01 Jul 2011 20:49

Would like to see pyros worshipper getting flaming death and destruction spells..

Like...
Annie on League of Legends.

Or that dude on the Noob comic.
Trying to recall which strip shows him drooling at the thought of lots of enemies huddled in a group when he has sic AoE damage.

Anahita
Adventurer

Post by Anahita » 01 Jul 2011 21:22

That's a much more soothing picture of Hektor than Gorboth's pope, though the creepy fanatical pope is far more accurate. :shock:

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 01 Jul 2011 22:43

Tarax the Terrible wrote: Or that dude on the Noob comic.
Trying to recall which strip shows him drooling at the thought of lots of enemies huddled in a group when he has sic AoE damage.

http://thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=300
that is what you were thinking of?

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 01 Jul 2011 23:37

Yep! heheh nice find.

And Anahita..
:shock:
SC's crossing dressing in the guild halls you heard it here first.

PS Walkers name makes me think of shadow walkers in Kabal.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/