What happened to AA?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rincon
Great Adventurer

Re: What happened to AA?

Post by Rincon » 19 Oct 2010 21:05

How about getting your buddies together, say at 22:00 on a Saturday night and spend one hour on Genesis just doing what you enjoy the most?

A bit similar to going out for a beer with friends. Instead, just hang out on Genesis. Doesn't have to be long, but enjoyable :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Oct 2010 23:36

Avatar: Well, I had invested alot in my only character since I started in late -96 or -97 as well... I thought like you it wouldnt be the same with a new one.

Ogre: Huh? Roasted cows?

Speaking of cows, I actually tried to revive my Genesis in several ways. First I left knights who I had been a member of for many years, basically since I started playing, and became just that, a cow, and "evil". But that didnt help. Then I wizzed, thinking that would give me a restart. But that didnt help. A totally new char with NO history at all and a chance to rebuild your own repuation, and your own character, THAT actually worked.

You wont know until you have tried it Avatar! Give a totally new char an evening. Do the newbie quests, if nothing else because its a well-made and fun area. If you havent checked it out its worth a few hours of your time. If it doesnt give you anything at all, forget about and go play with your kid instead! I dare you! :)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 29 Oct 2010 19:38

Frankly spoken... wizards killed Angmar..
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 29 Oct 2010 19:47

Wizards killed Angmar TWICE now then? :)

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 29 Oct 2010 20:01

Cherek wrote:Wizards killed Angmar TWICE now then? :)

They killed them, they just didnt remove the body this time :o

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 29 Oct 2010 22:14

tbh I gotta say one thing:

whiners!

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 29 Oct 2010 22:42

great scott!

*faints*

Wizards didnt kill it. They nerfed em a wee bit to much for any fun to play, but killed no. Players not wanting to try new things, rules, orders, rank system ect ect... if players wanted to play their role in an Army and people would be active then it could stille be a great place to be. Was quite fun when Tarax and I tried to assume command. and it worked to some point. But still to many renegade desissions. Players dont want to listen to council and captain. Some do, but others just go, Oh well Ill just do what ever pleases me. and then to hell with it.. And rest is history. :) Not blaming anyone here, sinch im the most angry person ever to play genesis :twisted: but still, If people was more in to RP, and willing to play the role as a soldier, trying to get promotions.. then it could be fun. And what also spoils the system is AAs ranks, wake up and your Lt, hey cool ! grind 12 hrs, and fill racks to max, then the day after your a corporal, because someone with Huge guild xp from the past logged in 4 minnutes. then your just auto demoted, makes you feel pissy and not worth the efford to even try getting a new rank.. some are suck for months with alot of online time.. wirdo system.
These days Angmar should be overhauled, given a new rank system, from grunt to Captain, or even a higher rank. In fact the council should be officers with rank from Lt(lowest officer rank) to Captains.. and perhaps even a General or Lord of Angmar in command.. ect ect, captain is just to low a rank.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 29 Oct 2010 23:05

But still to many renegade desissions. Players dont want to listen to council and captain. Some do, but others just go, Oh well Ill just do what ever pleases me. and then to hell with it.. And rest is history.
Actually that IS history itself.

Angmar always were like that. It is what made the army so friggin great back in the day.

The chaotic nature of it all. You guys tried to change something that weren't meant to be changed. I am not surprised, nor unhappy, by the fact that you failed.

It is how Angmar always has been and always should be.

As for the rest of your note....I will not quote it as it is just garbage. You should not join Angmar, seeing as you want that many changes. You're basically trying to change AA into a different animal.

Shame on you.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 30 Oct 2010 01:10

There where also alot more players back then willing to play the Chaotic band of renegades they where, but remember now with so few online.. Its just not healthy for the playerbase to have Chaos killing spree around, few fights yeah its okay, but killing for the sake of killing with such a low playerbase, will only make people leave. or not play, become inactive, lure around in their guild halls affraid to go out ect ect. I know it isnt a care bear mud, But if we had 150 players, then yes it could be played as a chaotic and insaino guild, could even be a blast. We ned to Care about those who play now, and some, if not alot of dicipline must be implimented to get people to care abit about the foe aswell as friend and stop the petty fights that is ruining the game, personal wars, and msn disbutes beeing pulled in to the game and then S... hits the fan. and people go nuts. (see me)
I agree to you Avatar in some point we Failed, but in some ways we did a hell of a good job, trying to get the Angmar buisness and fear effect going, Ingame we got alot of mails from "ingame foes" about how great it was and we where doing a great job. We failed in running out of energy to keep up with peoples nagging and personal wars. Layman members bringing war to the guild ect ect.

Avatar, Considering my note as garbage is low even by your standards, but again. thanks. Sinch they days of old you have been shouting for AA to reopen and what not, Finally it opened, and what have you tried to do for the guild.? just wondering, Besides yelling on the boards in game and out of game about how good the old days was..? really what have you done to Improve the situation in AA, to bring back the old days..? Ill tell you, Absolutly nothing sinch it has been opened. And i rather take offence to you calling my note garbage :evil: , but ill keep my cool for this time, knowing its just the usual nagging from Old man Avatar. ;)

But seriously we tried to do something, and we have suggested alot to improve the guild, some ideas where, and i agree rubbish, but others where quite good. But my point is people tried, We even went all chaos at a point in the end, where basic AA forces fought knights, scops, calians, the aran, yeah basic all the goodies. so I dont soo how its garbage just to consider something new, sinch the chaos didnt work either..? Yes we made some Rules of engagement in the start, middle part, on how to fight the enemy on fair terms. Example, Rangers and AA was all free to kill with in ME, outside they could get attacked and hunted but not killed. So people knew that ME was a kill zone if you where either AA or Ranger, and still it would allow people to have a decent chance to grow outside ME and do quests aswell. Also within ME pupils werent to be killed, because, they where a bit weak, compare to the Legend, Myths, AA had then.
We even was working on something with the knights a kinda ROE there too, along with the BDA. It was good rp notes, For my part I enjoyed reading Eagledragos L-O-N-G notes about how awfully the AA forces where and hes cities where frightened.. All good rp still. And I dont know why thats wrong. to have rules in the wars. I know its isnt the real world. But I think untill the playerbase improves, rules are needed to keep the growth in controle. on both sides.

But here is my point we tried, failed yes, ran out of energy and will, yes, But we did something. we didnt just sit around on our behinds, prasing will to the days of old... dude. you will proberly consider this garbage too, but i said it before, do something insted of just criticise other peoples suggestions.. Shame on you !
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 30 Oct 2010 01:15

I agree to you Avatar in some point we Failed, but in some ways we did a hell of a good job, trying to get the Angmar buisness and fear effect going, Ingame we got alot of mails from "ingame foes" about how great it was and we where doing a great job. We failed in running out of energy to keep up with peoples nagging and personal wars. Layman members bringing war to the guild ect ect.
Actually, I should have mentioned that you guys actually DID a good job. You did what you did with good intentions and respect for that.

The way I see it though, is that it is a lose - lose situation for the game as it is.

You play things the way it used to be, you drive new people away. Play it as a 2care bear2 game, you drive the old timers away.

There just is no way to win this. Trust me, I want Genesis to thrive, I want to play again. I just dont have the time to spare these days. I'm on friggin medication, cause my job is killing me. I guess thats the price of ambition and whatnot.

I would love to play again though. So I am not just an old grumpy fart from the past, that likes to put everything and everyone down.

Apologies if it seems that way.

Scary, I wrote my note after reading:
Layman members bringing war to the guild ect ect.
I hadn't even gotten to the part where you point out how old, grumpy and whiny I am. You're probably right though, if you read my reply above.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/