Magic guilds

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Creed

Magic guilds

Post by Creed » 05 Jan 2011 02:11

So.. Its been quite a while since we last heard anything about this subject.

What is happening in this area?
Have you finished the new magic system?
Are the guilds being recoded as you read this?
How far ahead are they in their progress?
Is it something we're going to see finished this side of summer 2011?

It would be nice with some more frequent updates.
It is, I believe, something that interests all of us.

Laurel

Re: Magic guilds

Post by Laurel » 05 Jan 2011 08:50

Creed wrote:Are the guilds being recoded as you read this?
nope

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 05 Jan 2011 17:55

A lot of progress continues on the magic recodes. Petros could speak more specifically about his recent developments, but I know he has done some considerable coding this last month on these things.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 06 Jan 2011 18:45

Creed wrote:So.. Its been quite a while since we last heard anything about this subject.

What is happening in this area?
Have you finished the new magic system?
Are the guilds being recoded as you read this?
How far ahead are they in their progress?
Is it something we're going to see finished this side of summer 2011?

It would be nice with some more frequent updates.
It is, I believe, something that interests all of us.
Progress is being made, surely but slowly. The magic system has really been in place since the Academics were opened. The issue now is simply rewriting all guild spells to use the new magic system. A task that is not for the light of heart. Currently, the Priests of Takhisis, the Morgul Mages, and the Elemental Guild of Calia (new clerical occ version of the Worshippers) are in the works. Beyond just the spells and the magic system, each of the recodes is going through some thematic enhancements. Guildmasters have been working with the respective members of the guilds to help create the guild that players want to play. I'd encourage you to contact your guildmaster or guild leader (who's working with the guildmaster) to get involved.

Right now, I would say that about 60-70% of the spells have been rewritten. In terms of when you'll actually be able to see the results, the answer will be the standard "By Christmas". :D

With the Academics, we introduced a beta system. With the new magic guilds, we will be continuing this beta system to make sure that everything works as expected and is balanced before it is unleashed on the rest of the MUD. Once we are ready for the beta, something will be posted on the Common board asking for beta applications.

Finally, as for frequent updates. We typically update when there's something interesting to update. Feel free to ask for updates every once in a while too. We're happy to respond. RL aside, we do try and respond whenever we can.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/