Layment Guilds - Deaths

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Greneth

Re: Layment Guilds - Deaths

Post by Greneth » 30 Mar 2011 00:18

Kitriana wrote:I don't really think there are enough laymen options. I am sadly not really happy with any of the possibilities available to me. Many of them are too "restraining" in their RP to allow occupational guilds with stronger RP to join comfortably or with any real satisfaction. Then again.. I might feel differently if we had a laymen and or racial option in Sybarus. Wishful thinking...
Whats wrong with the BM's or Thieves for SU?

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 30 Mar 2011 00:49

Greneth wrote:
Kitriana wrote:I don't really think there are enough laymen options. I am sadly not really happy with any of the possibilities available to me. Many of them are too "restraining" in their RP to allow occupational guilds with stronger RP to join comfortably or with any real satisfaction. Then again.. I might feel differently if we had a laymen and or racial option in Sybarus. Wishful thinking...
The fact that you suggest thieves for a SU member shows how little you know about SU roleplay. The option is 100% incompatitable with SU.

BM... I guess some people like it.. but I'm not really interested in additional firepower from my laymen guild. But thats just me.. some Union members do join BM. But even so.. I think BM is one of those guilds that gets harder to join the bigger you are... the effectiveness is lost if you can't get enough guildstat built up.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 30 Mar 2011 10:08

Greneth wrote:

Thieves are wrong for everyone at currents with the insane inflation of awareness that killed all for of sneaking. Gorboth, seriously you need to lower the awareness on the guilds, I can even see rangers sneak around now and as far as I know I aint even in one of those "high awareness guilds" -.- Or is the sollution perhaps to raise the sneaking guilds to stup guru? :P I mean if sneak is completely worthless then why even let Thieves, kenders and rangers be open? Thats the thing they use 24/7

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 30 Mar 2011 10:21

Draugor wrote:I can even see rangers sneak around now and as far as I know I aint even in one of those "high awareness guilds"
you meant "hide" - not "sneak"? cause you probably saw [Laurel], but not "leaves sneaking ..."? the rest of the note - agreed tho
btw. did you realize you mentioned 2 not-yet-recoded guilds in your note? :twisted: (dunno about thieves - maybe you mentioned 3)

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 30 Mar 2011 12:34

Kitriana wrote:
Greneth wrote:
The fact that you suggest thieves for a SU member shows how little you know about SU roleplay. The option is 100% incompatitable with SU.

BM... I guess some people like it.. but I'm not really interested in additional firepower from my laymen guild. But thats just me.. some Union members do join BM. But even so.. I think BM is one of those guilds that gets harder to join the bigger you are... the effectiveness is lost if you can't get enough guildstat built up.
Well after being told to wait over a year before I could even apply the guild doesnt even hold a sliver of interest for me anymore. It was merely a suggestion. Isn't the point of going through the 6+ months of apprenticeship to learn about the guild as the info is not just sitting there available for anyone?

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 30 Mar 2011 13:09

Greneth wrote:Well after being told to wait over a year before I could even apply the guild doesnt even hold a sliver of interest for me anymore. It was merely a suggestion. Isn't the point of going through the 6+ months of apprenticeship to learn about the guild as the info is not just sitting there available for anyone?
since such ppl like Eden, Rage, Valthard and even Aiz are no longer part of it (while others stopped being around - like Tanthalis or Anfalas) ... I kind of dislike current SU, especially due to meeting SU-idiots running around with completely dirty capes or being spellcasters (unthinkable in the past)

in their defense tho, I have to say that SU lore is there to reach for wannabies ... if you only want to reach for it

maybe it's not like MM or Rangers who you can base your knowledge on Tolkien, DAs/PoT/Knights/etc. where you can look up in RL books too ... but the lore is still there

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 30 Mar 2011 17:17

Laurel wrote:
Greneth wrote:Well after being told to wait over a year before I could even apply the guild doesnt even hold a sliver of interest for me anymore. It was merely a suggestion. Isn't the point of going through the 6+ months of apprenticeship to learn about the guild as the info is not just sitting there available for anyone?
since such ppl like Eden, Rage, Valthard and even Aiz are no longer part of it (while others stopped being around - like Tanthalis or Anfalas) ... I kind of dislike current SU, especially due to meeting SU-idiots running around with completely dirty capes or being spellcasters (unthinkable in the past)

in their defense tho, I have to say that SU lore is there to reach for wannabies ... if you only want to reach for it

maybe it's not like MM or Rangers who you can base your knowledge on Tolkien, DAs/PoT/Knights/etc. where you can look up in RL books too ... but the lore is still there
Yeah I'm sure its there and if I really cared I would just read their info library floating around, I just have no desire with the current SU in place. You learn much much more being around the people though then the lore. Hanging around a few MM's I learned 10x more then I did from reading about them or ME.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 30 Mar 2011 17:58

Laurel wrote:
Draugor wrote:I can even see rangers sneak around now and as far as I know I aint even in one of those "high awareness guilds"
you meant "hide" - not "sneak"? cause you probably saw [Laurel], but not "leaves sneaking ..."? the rest of the note - agreed tho
btw. did you realize you mentioned 2 not-yet-recoded guilds in your note? :twisted: (dunno about thieves - maybe you mentioned 3)
No I didnt see "Laurel" I saw "medium sized cloak figure" sneaking of :P

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 31 Mar 2011 19:31

You can throw in my vote for removing death or xp penalties for Layman guilds.

Freya

Post by Freya » 09 Apr 2011 23:03

So what I have to ask, what do the wizards think about this discussion?

Do you think it has merit, that penalty for leaving layman guilds should be lightened a bit or do you like the current system ?

Personally I would like to see a lower penalty for leaving layman guilds(or none at all), and then a reduction/globalization of occ leaving costs, I think that most guilds(except for a handful of exceptions, should introduce honourable discharge/buying your freedom/retiring after long and loyal duty, where someone who has spent a long time in the guild(maybe set it to game age/rl time a year or two, I dont know).

I just think the penalty for leaving guilds should be lightened up a wee bit, open up the game somewhat, right now people are having to choose, either spend months recovering or stay in your current guild, where many people are unhappy.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/