Layment Guilds - Deaths

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kitriana
Champion

Layment Guilds - Deaths

Post by Kitriana » 28 Mar 2011 19:43

I'm really trying to figure out why some laymen guilds require a death to leave... no offense to anyone (wizard or otherwise who implemented it)... but I think this is really dumb. Its a LAYMEN guild.. its supposed to be an affiliation.. not your occupation. Can we change this in the game??
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Rhaegar
Legend

Re: Layment Guilds - Deaths

Post by Rhaegar » 28 Mar 2011 20:53

You mean like Thornlin Militia (you don't actually die there, you just get xp penalty as if you did and recovery system kicks in) or more like The Necromancers of Vile Darkness (because I believe that death-to-join and death-to-leave system makes complete sense there)?
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 28 Mar 2011 21:05

Um... Necro's have never had a death to join penalty. And after they got uber-nerfed the death penalty to leave was removed.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 28 Mar 2011 21:25

The Cabal guild still has the death penalty for leaving...Which is kind of ridiculous, comparing to what the guild actually has to offer, in the first place.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 28 Mar 2011 21:42

Ilrahil wrote:Um... Necro's have never had a death to join penalty. And after they got uber-nerfed the death penalty to leave was removed.
Sorry, my bad.
Thought they made them a bit after Khiraa :)

I guess I need some more chars to join various guilds and see what's changed.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 28 Mar 2011 22:16

flaming resisted ... :oops: ;)

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 28 Mar 2011 22:22

My cents.

As i mentioned earlier, Laymans are followers, not leaders, they shouldnt suffer any thing from leaving guilds. If anything, they should have a title from the duration of the Armageddon. So say one left the Militia, he would be a betrayer of thornlin, ect, Pirates would be Landlubbers, something fun.. death isnt fun :) not even with recovery :)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 29 Mar 2011 03:14

Rhaegar wrote:You mean like Thornlin Militia (you don't actually die there, you just get xp penalty as if you did and recovery system kicks in) or more like The Necromancers of Vile Darkness (because I believe that death-to-join and death-to-leave system makes complete sense there)?

Go back to your flame thread and look up what i wrote to you there...
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 29 Mar 2011 09:36

TBH Layman guilds shouldnt have councils and crap either, or long ass application processes, some align restrictions yes app processes and council? Hell to the no

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 29 Mar 2011 09:44

Huge xp loss for leaving Blademasters aswell, I agree layman should not be that costly.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/