Morgul Mage Discussion - power, grinding, balance

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kas
Legend

Morgul Mage Discussion - power, grinding, balance

Post by Kas » 19 Apr 2011 01:25

...and yet, noone is rushing towards Minas Morgul for their shot at this..."power"...

Now why is that?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Johnny
Veteran

Re: Hektor 3 shots a Necro Titan for being a Necromancer

Post by Johnny » 19 Apr 2011 01:37

Kas wrote:...and yet, noone is rushing towards Minas Morgul for their shot at this..."power"...

Now why is that?
Because it's bad for your health :lol: but it is truly an amazing guild.
Cherek wrote:I think anyone can kill anyone for whatever reason, even made up reasons, or no reasons at all.
I have to agree with that.

As for the complaining, be prepared! Know what you can and cannot handle. Test things out! Oh once again be prepared, and pay attention. At least this is what I have learned.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Apr 2011 01:44

Kas wrote:...and yet, noone is rushing towards Minas Morgul for their shot at this..."power"...

Now why is that?
I think you are one of the more active guilds these days? I almost always see one or two mages, or more, logged in. Which actually is alot compared to many guilds, and especially compared to other guilds who still hold on to a longer application/training process and more serious RP. MMs are the most active guild compared to other spellcasting guilds, there is definitely more active MMs than Scops or PoTs. And MMs probably rank among the top in activity when counting all guilds in the game too.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 19 Apr 2011 01:59

The tower may be active, which may suggest that it's even more attractive for potential seekers, but yet...my question still stand.

So...an active, "powerful" guild...sounds attractive to me, no?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 19 Apr 2011 02:02

Kas wrote:The tower may be active, which may suggest that it's even more attractive for potential seekers, but yet...my question still stand.

Yet the amount of time required to actually become powerful is not attractive to most. Nor is alot of other things within the guild but thats another story.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Apr 2011 02:33

Kas wrote:The tower may be active, which may suggest that it's even more attractive for potential seekers, but yet...my question still stand.

I have no idea why you are not more than you are but my guess is not everyone wants to be in a guild where RP is taken so seriously. But any guess is as good at my guess. And as I said, you're still in the top in activity amongst guilds so one could say people are indeed flocking to MMs, compared to other guilds anyway.

But how you have decided to run your guild and what type of application process or advancement you have has nothing to do with balance though. And I dont think spellcasters in the game are balanced vs other spellcasters, and I dont think they are balanced versus fighters. Thats is imho a problem.

But I dont know how balance is supposed to work here either. It used to be the tax-thing, which always was a very flawed system since it did not apply to pvp, then a few years back Gorboth spoke alot about the "paper, scissors, rock" model, but that has not been mentioned much lately and I havent seen much of that in the game either. (except the introduction of Scops). "With great power comes great responsibility" has also been a theme for Genesis balance, letting players with great powers try to balance themselves and use their power "responsibly". That never worked very well either imho.

I always wondered why we just cant have "regular" balance, like most games have... where one faction is about as good as the other faction and thats all there is to it. Completely different of course, but in the end equally powerful.

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 19 Apr 2011 04:16

I was checking out this thread while playing and had to laugh a bit. I forget who on this thread claimed that MM's we the best grinders or whatever (Cherek?). From my login tonight, during which all I did was grind:

last
Login time : Tue Apr 19 00:44:40 2011
Duration : 3 h 27 m

stats
You have made slight progress since you last logged in.

And yes, I have max qxp.

I may play a bit longer though - there's still hope! ;-)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Apr 2011 04:37

Celephias: I do not know what is considered a good speed for a solo myth making progress. And tons of variables comes into that. If you think its slow, maybe you're just not very good at grinding or dont do it in the right place, with the right equipment, right grinding script, isnt prepared enough for it, etc. I dont know. Some people make tons of XP in any guild they are in, some cant seem to grow no matter which guild they are in. So its hard to base anything on your slight progress in 3,5 hour without knowing all the variables.

What I can say though is I have never seen anyone but a Morgul Mage at champion/legend level soloing Qualinost elves or Mithas trolls. That is why I said MMs _seem_ to be the best solo grinding guild.

Keywords in that being SEEMS to be and SOLO grinding.

I didnt say you were the best grinding guild all in all, and I dont know for a fact it is easier to grind as a solo mage than any other guild. Just saying it seems that way based on what I see in the realms. Maybe you personally havent learned the abilities that lets you solo trolls or elves? :) Or maybe they require 50 hours of preparation. What do I know.

Anyway, instead of speculating, why not ask you mages. Do you feel superior to the other guilds in the game? And in particular do you feel you can, if you want, gain XP at a speed higher than normal fighters, and do you feel you can win over any other guild in PVP?

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 19 Apr 2011 08:43

MM's can never grind as good as a melee occ guild..
And thats a fact.

MM can take down huge NPCs solo..
Thats also a fact.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 19 Apr 2011 09:23

Now why is that?
I think its all the groveling and all the crap apprentices get :P some find that annoying and decide it aint worth it

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/