Morgul Mage Discussion - power, grinding, balance

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Makfly
Champion

Re: Morgul Mage Discussion - power, grinding, balance

Post by Makfly » 27 Apr 2011 10:14

There is just a slight advantage there, in that a caster preperation items always save and weight almost nothing, where as a meleers preparation items does not save, and weights a ton.

So in essence a caster can almost always be prepared for killing, while a meleer have to make a special effort often to be prepared.

But it all really boils down to having a decent balance in PvP. Every guild in the game should be balanced against each other in PvP. The balance will never be perfect, but it can become a helluvalot better than it is at the moment.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 27 Apr 2011 10:27

I won't attempt to quote myself (and some other people) about this, but ...
even when/if as a malee you have sup guru awareness, undead detecting (but not revealing!) items/weapon and other great gear ... you can NOT spot the MM eventho you might be just stalked by her/him - effectively it's not you to choose the time and place of your battle(s)
there's only few items that allow to see invis and they are QUITE limited in usage

so ... it's a simple matter of "who decides about the time and place of the battle" ... and the one who does, is obviously better prepared/geared/set for this time and place

never even touched the fact that the MM you were fighting with the JBS could just break it (log on this forum) anyway ... so s/he was either a lame pfighter, significantly smaller or inexperienced (or a combination of those)

Padraig
Wanderer

Post by Padraig » 27 Apr 2011 12:53

Laurel wrote:never even touched the fact that the MM you were fighting with the JBS could just break it (log on this forum) anyway ... so s/he was either a lame pfighter, significantly smaller or inexperienced (or a combination of those)
Not true. I know where you're going with this, but it's not true.
Manglor, Zauhak, Padraig

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 27 Apr 2011 14:01

Laurel wrote:I won't attempt to quote myself (and some other people) about this, but ...
even when/if as a malee you have sup guru awareness, undead detecting (but not revealing!) items/weapon and other great gear ... you can NOT spot the MM eventho you might be just stalked by her/him - effectively it's not you to choose the time and place of your battle(s)
there's only few items that allow to see invis and they are QUITE limited in usage

so ... it's a simple matter of "who decides about the time and place of the battle" ... and the one who does, is obviously better prepared/geared/set for this time and place

never even touched the fact that the MM you were fighting with the JBS could just break it (log on this forum) anyway ... so s/he was either a lame pfighter, significantly smaller or inexperienced (or a combination of those)

The MM in question was a retard, thats true so I have no idea if he reflected even for a second that I might have a mastered JBS in my inventory, he didnt break anything tho, he was however slightly bigger than me, and he jumped me whilst I was fighting in Kabal if I am not mistaking. He got away due to the silly Temple of Solara there :P
Was always prepared to whack mages back then due to... some incidents :) He must have failed like half his spells due to my armours, magic ress herbs and JBS, was actually quite fun, "Blabla draws power" "Scimitar hits" "Blabla yet again draws power" JBS hits" etc :)

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 27 Apr 2011 14:31

The problem is not Mages arsenal nor any other casters.

With todays standard on armours, changes on how AC works and the sizes of characters has led to unbalance. The old guilds has not been changed much over the years yet the game design has. Mages for example has always been able to do much damage but to counter that very fragile.

Same with Rangers, they say they have low damage output. Well ofcourse since they havent been changed since the same introduction of AC and sizes.

When theese guilds will be recoded I doubt we'll have this discussion again.

Padraig
Wanderer

Post by Padraig » 27 Apr 2011 16:03

Chanele wrote:When theese guilds will be recoded I doubt we'll have this discussion again.
QFT...I've seen the mails go back and forth. So all the complaining from Cherek et al. hits a sore spot because I know what's coming.
Manglor, Zauhak, Padraig

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 27 Apr 2011 16:34

As having the pleasure in both guilds (RoI and MM) I will say its very highly possible for a ranger to repel the attacks of a Mage with just a few items, and not to mention kick a little butt. I was never killed as a ranger against the mages in many many fights, by what I'd say were some of the well-trained assassins of their day (Ugelplect, Trennagin, etc).

Plus nowadays there are even more advantages then I(or we) had back then as rangers/rebels. Granted Rangers damage was shit, but you can keep yourself alive long enough and keep the mage panicing all over the place enough to gain the upper hand and go on the offence.
Last edited by Alexi on 27 Apr 2011 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 27 Apr 2011 18:40

What Alexi said.
Did it quite a few times myself as a ranger too.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 27 Apr 2011 19:38

can you both remind me when (the last time) that was? I mean how many recodes and changes to combat and magic before?

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 27 Apr 2011 19:47

Laurel wrote:can you both remind me when (the last time) that was? I mean how many recodes and changes to combat and magic before?
As far as I know there hasn't been a change to Combat or Magic system until then one that's going on now right? Magic is still on the old system, which is why its up to review and also the Rangers haven't been recoded for combat.

Which would mean both guilds are still on the "ancient" system?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/